1. 1. The best?

• Yes
    • Very creative
    • Awesome
    • Thanks
    • Just watch mwil copy it. Some people are without scruples smh

2022 Off-season 

Cut

Juice: I love a lot of what he brings, but he’s a slot only guy with no top end speed.  You simply can’t pay 15 million for that skill set. No dead money.

Hooper: Post June 1st  he saves 9.5 with a 3.75 dead cap.  Bad deal by AB, it’s time to get out of it.

Conklin: I’d obviously rather he continue playing here, but if he’s actually done, 3 million dead cap with 12 million in savings.

Keenum: 1.3 dead cap, saves 6.5.  We’re not going to play him unless the QB is on his deathbed, so use the cash elsewhere.

Cutting those guys costs us about 8 million in dead cap and saves us about 43 million (net).

Let walk

Malik Jackson, Ronnie Harrison, Hubbard, Higgins, Malcolm Smith: none of these guys move the needle or are simply not worth investing more time and resources into developing.  

Resign (all contract numbers based on Spotrac/Over The Cap projections if available)

Ward: 5/100.  You can’t let elite players at premium positions walk.  Simply can’t.

Njoku: He’s not great, but he’s a starting caliber player imo and one of the few guys who could be confused with a weapon at times. 4 years/28 million 

Clowney: Can’t let him walk. I think they have him undervalued at like 9 million, so I’d go so far as something like 1/16.

MJ Stewart: Looks like a versatile piece that could be our FS. 2 years/6 million.

D’Ernest: 2nd round tender, 3.4 million/1 year.  A lot for a 3rd RB, but he’s been solid af when called upon and this offense starts and ends with the run game.  No reason to let him walk.

Anthony Walker: not an ideal starter, but a decent depth player.  Same deal as last year 1/3 million.

Colquitt: life minimum ($0)

The kicker: league minimum.

McDowell: whatever ERFA contract he’s due 

Free Agents

WR: Edgy. No biggies. None want to sign here. We pick up Dede Westbrook cheap. He battles to make the team.

DT Tim Settle: Underrated player buried on a deep DL.  Would be an instant upgrade over Jackson.  Still young at just 24 and adds some needed size inside while still being a capable rusher.  4/24 million

Obviously they’d need to sign a rando here or there, but that’s all I’m really looking for in FA.  Not a fan of spending a ton on guys who produced on other teams in other schemes (See the list of guys I’ve got us cutting if you’re wondering why).

Draft

R1: Garrett Wilson (after trade-down for additional third, is second receiver off board after Williams).  Because tOSU prospect and FF Browns forum, name a more iconic duo.  He’s everything we need at WR.

R1: (trade-up with future 2nd/3rd) Treylon Burks. Perfect compliment to Wilson, the second of our top-2 receiving targets.

R2: Trevor Penning; Even with Garrett and Clowney we still need another difference-maker on the line.  We don't get one here but instead our LT. Dude is a physical specimen.

R3: Phidarian Mathis, DT.  Three year starter at DT and just turned 22.  He stays inside for us (I won't get to that in a bit).

R3: Roger McCreary, CB: #1 potential. Probably won't run as well as some others but is lockdown and a dawg(poun8017).

R3: Carson Strong. Been banged up. Unathletic. Could be the best quarterback in a weak class.

R4: Darrian Beavers, LB: Not what I’d honestly expect our FO to do, but he can play inside/outside and on the edge.  Zaven Collins/Simmons type of player.  Could add versatility we currently don’t have.

R5: Jeffrey Gunter, DE: Athletic high-upside edge to learn under our two greats.

R5: Zach Harrison, DE: Keeping adding talent at DE.

R5: Jeremy Ruckert, TE: You know why. But also, he blocks.

R6: a clue. A couple dudes. Traded away our future sixth because this is a nice class.

Isaiah Pola-Mao, S. You know why.

Dare Rosenthal, OT. Starter upside late. Good rotation piece.

R7: some dudes.  good ones.

CJ Verdell, RB. A stash who starts on the PUP. 

Matt Araiza, P. Janikowskiboy.

Deslin Alexandre, DT: practice squad guy who could surprise and get another guy cut.

-----------------------------------------

Roll with Baker year 5 and see how that plays out.

Return all 3 talented backs.

Ruckert becomes the 2nd/3rd TE and Njoku is the starter with Hooper gone.

Burks and Wilson are the starters, DPJ is your 3rd.  Schwartz is the deep threat.  Felton becomes your slot/gadget guy.

The OL is where things change up a bit. At this point I’m ready to move Bitonio to LT and Wills to RT. Tackle play was an issue all season, and it can’t continue. But a first rounder falls so we don't do that, just move Wills to RT.  Bitonio at LG with Teller obv at RG.  I chose to trade Tretter for a 3rd; it's time for Nick Harris to blossom safely between the two veterans.

The plan: Defense

The secondary remains unchanged with just the addition of McCreary as #3 and  Pola-Mao as a depth player. 

Id like to see Beavers, Phillips and JOK as the 3 primary LBs with Fields, Takitaki, and Walker as the reserves.

At DT Settle and Winfrey and hopefully either Elliot or Togiai develop a bit to go with McDowell.

DE starters are unchanged, but Winfrey takes Jackson's role and then some.  I would never expect a Browns DC to be that creative.

The plan: Teams (they’re not special)

Bring back the kicker as he’s fine. Cleveland is a tricky place to kick and other than Dawson everyone else has been different versions of the same dude.  Meh.

Colquitt isn’t great. 

Returner: Hopefully Felton can figure things out.

Ok chimps, have at it.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Brilliant offseason. Way better than LGB's.

I don't know why everyone keeps bringing up LGB's offseason. Weird.

But every Zuck needs his Tom from Myspace to pave the way.  Every Blackrock group needs its plunderable country. Every Digipets, the gold standard, needs its regular boring living pets.

What I'm saying is, anything to prevent an offseason with DJ Chark on a Kenny Britt deal. Too many injuries, I say; he's damaged goods and should be had on a cheap prove-it, like a 1yr/$5 mil. Even if we indeed mortgaged the future going full-Matt Millen to get Garrett Wilson and Treylon Burks, we did what we had to do.

What I'm saying is, it's time to move Wills to RT. I'm glad I thought of it.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

No way we could trade down and still get Garrett. 

Some mocks have him as the third WR off the board. If he doesn't blaze in the 40, I could see it happening. We, myself included, seem to be hanging onto the idea that Olave should go later, based on last year's perception, but he was the more productive player throughout their tenure and was a touchdown machine. He could be Marvin Harrison-good. He really could. He's a lot like Devonta Smith last year who went 12th(?). I think we're underrating him.

Olave could easily go before Wilson, as could Jameson Williams, who many mocks have going first off the board. Add that to the fact that if Drake London is healthy in time for offseason stuff, it could get interesting. Also, some teams may wait on wide receiver, as there is a large group of quality receivers at the top this year and not as much at other positions like cornerback, tackle.

tl;dr I give it about a one-in-three chance he makes it to around pick 19 where I have us trading down to from pick 11 for a 2nd and 5th, equal value on the trade chart.

Edited by NudeTayne