Mass Effect Mafia - GAME OVER! The Reapers are defeated!

Whicker

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

This would mean that a 13-4 balance would not be likely. If conversions are possible, that would give Mafia a pretty strong advantage.

5 possible scum in 17 man game is a lot, but not insanely so.  Would still only be 30% scum. 

Especially if there are no indies

Just now, The Orca said:

He said he tried to target Nacho, my move came first, he ended up at Mwil...thus confirming the order of events and my move working as intended 

Redirects come before roleblocks unless the redirecter is blocked 

So in the series of events it would look like Orca Redirect>JLash block>TK3 align cop fail?

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

The thing that concerns me in that regard, is that we haven't really found any Cerberus.  I don't know how that'd work within the confines of this game though.  Especially considering The Illusive Man appears to not be a character in the game, but a named part of the storyline.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do with it. On one hand, totally makes sense from source material. But the confines of the game restrict it to some degree

1 minute ago, Forge said:

5 possible scum in 17 man game is a lot, but not insanely so.  Would still only be 30% scum. 

Especially if there are no indies

Whicker is specific about his ratio. I dont believe he puts 4 mafia with a chance to add a 5th. 5 out of 17 is a 12-5 ratio thats a 2.4/1 ratio, not practical if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Can we also talk about Orca pulling a weird vote switch to Pickle just as nightfall happened?  That was weird.  Wasn't it?

He did it to wolf too.

It strikes me as like a point steal with the amount of points he has gotten.

I asked people to claim the points that Orca had and got crickets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Whicker is specific about his ratio. I dont believe he puts 4 mafia with a chance to add a 5th. 5 out of 17 is a 12-5 ratio thats a 2.4/1 ratio, not practical if you ask me.

Just checked civilization and it had 4 / 17. Will check others, but after one you're correct. 

So if there were 4 to start, unlikely conversion. 3 to start and it's almost a guarantee. 

The problem is, we don't know

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

So in the series of events it would look like Orca Redirect>JLash block>TK3 align cop fail?

Anyone using a move on Nacho got redirected to Mwil and vice versa

So essentially

Orca redirects jlash to Mwil (was Nacho), Jlash Blocks Mwil

If jlash blocks moves on Mwil then, anyone else targeting Nacho targets Mwil (redirected) and then gets blocked

Orca redirects Tk3 to Nacho (was Mwil), Tk3 invests Nacho

This is how it should have worked

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just checked civilization and it had 4 / 17. Will check others, but after one you're correct. 

So if there were 4 to start, unlikely conversion. 3 to start and it's almost a guarantee. 

The problem is, we don't know

With it being role madness, it could have been scum heavy as well 

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

He did it to wolf too.

It strikes me as like a point steal with the amount of points he has gotten.

I asked people to claim the points that Orca had and got crickets.

I mean, he's claiming a big lump of N2 points, that he can't explain the origin of.  Which kind of seems plausible.  But is clearly the result of some sort of funny business.  Which sounds a bit on the scummy side, but could be some sort of redirect byproduct.  The issue with that though, is that he's also essentially claiming he has redirect powers.  So there'd be a lot of redirecting and point stealing and whatnot going around.  Still entirely plausible, but eh...

Given the rigidity of Whicker's previously hosted games, think I'm going to bow out of the conversion angle for now. May entertain it again, but given TK's help in uncovering wolf, that's really the only way it makes sense he is scum. 

If I'm not going to entertain the conversion angle, I'm not going to vote him

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dark souls had 5 / 22. Seems he sticks to about 23% 

I'd be willing to say no conversion if there were 4 to start

Kind of a wild rabbit hole to go down, and i probably shouldn't...But is it possible that Pickle the Human Reaper Larvae was a convert?  As in...a human character converted to a human reaper?  Would that have been mentioned in the obit?  Seems like it might not be.

Probably a dumb notion.  But i'm gonna throw it out there, while we're in the business of trying to game out how many scum there might be.