Mass Effect Mafia - GAME OVER! The Reapers are defeated!

Whicker

On 1/18/2022 at 8:58 PM, Whicker said:

6 Matts – Gopher, ET, Wolf, Jlash, Tugboat, Pickle
2 Jlash – Josh, Raves
5 Gopher – Mwil, Tk3, Slappy, Matts, Orca
1 Tugboat – Blue
1 Mwil – Nacho
1 Slappy – Forge
1 Blue – Bcb

Blue throwing a vote away and ET and Jlash wrong on Matts. Slappy was on gopher. Slappy also spent the entirety of the next day defending wolf. I was on Jlash apparently here and Nacho was on me.

@TheKillerNacho anything to help us?

On 1/11/2022 at 12:20 AM, Whicker said:

Sign-Ups:

4. Jlash
5. TheKillerNacho
6. JoshstraDaymus (replaced by MWil)
7. ET80
11.5. Slappy Mc
13. Blue
14. Tk3

Let's start:

Jlash: I can confirm N2 I was pulled in by a singularity and hit with Slappy's gift that ET gave him. Jlash also jailed Tugboat N4 the same night that I hit Orca, so I would be reluctant to go him

Nacho: Cleared Town

TK3: Confirmed abilities in thread unless he did a 4D chess move and bussed Wolf or was converted

Joshstra/MWil: Marked and killed Orca. Write-up in thread confirms me as Town. I was not CC'd on this and there have not been any more scum kills since

ET: Gift giver, only to Slappy. While this is a super Town power, the fact that he's giving the same gift over and over while not using another move set is a bit intriguing to me

Slappy: Has blocked the Town rolecop headed down towards endgame and tunneled on TK3 as the only viable possibility, while also subtly setting up the possibility of it being Blue after TK3 is the vote today...you can see where this is going tomorrow if/when TK3 flips Town. Aside from his flashbang grenade and the use of items that ET is giving him (which I find ironic that he's basically doubling up on the blocks), his other "decoy" move is completely unverifiable 

Blue: There's about one situation in which I could see him being scum. MWil 1.0 pointed this out early Days 1 and 2. He's also smart enough to "no kill" and feign frustration at Town's implosion down the stretch. Scum Blue in this scenario KNOWS without a doubt that they couldn't kill Nacho, me, or Jlash last night, as it would then clear Slappy and TK3, with Nacho also being verified, leaving him a 1 day ET vs. Blue showdown, and even if he wins that, he's the de facto vote the next day...MAYBE trying to set up one more day with it being a Blue vs. MWil 2.0 showdown after killing TK3, Jlash, or Slappy while risking the odds not being in his favor due to Jlash's move and ET's giving of another block type move...a lot would have to go right for him to pull that off.

TK3: Barring a bus of Wolf and a subsequent conversion, he's Town. Sure, I suppose it is POSSIBLE that he went against every TK3 meta that his analytics driven mind has ever done in every mafia game that I've ever played with him (See: Whicker's Die Hard scum move claiming Home Alone because he wanted to spice things up), but I'd lean towards going with the guy who is actively blocking the cop and could have helped us towards endgame in slappy.

TL;DR

Whoever is scum is smart enough to no kill because that's their only option right now due to all of the blocks in place. That person is either Slappy or Blue barring a conversion.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

@MWil23There's no reason to believe scum has to pick between using their abilities or a kill. Whoever is scum could easily be using their non-killing Night actions as a cover.

Correct on that, but simultaneously, killing people at this stage of the game actually reconciles PoE situations desperately needed for mislynches for scum. Think about it this way:

Scum cannot kill me, you, or slappy (assuming we are all town, which is unlikely) because they need another 2+ nights of mislynches.

Scum cannot kill TK3 for the same reason. Good chance that IF slappy is Town (I don't see this but it's POSSIBLE) they need him to be the vote for pushing the cop the following day.

Scum could absolutely kill Nacho barring a jail from Jlash (exception to the rule).

Scum could potentially kill Jlash, but there's still technically a chance for a case to be made (and the same for ET).

Personally, I think that it's either Slappy, TK3 in some weird conversion/anti-meta play (he did absolutely not want to go Pickle). In Slappy's defense (that hurt saying out loud), TK3 has been slightly different and I could see him being upset that he was converted after nailing Wolfe, or you.

I don't see much wiggle room outside of those 3, barring some weird metric where ET is a scum gift giver and has been giving his gift to slappy all game, which is a very unique play.

21 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I tried to just use my warp last night and it failed on Nacho. 

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Just follows him, at the lvl I've upgraded to I can see exact names of who he visits.

Well he was hardcleared by Tugboat, so

Back in my mafia day there was a saying "scum or dumb" and I need to raise my hand and call myself dumb because I can't get a read here, I haven't played with you guys to know tendencies but I can't piece together night moves with voting tendencies to get a clearer view on who is left as scum. If it is tk3, hard bussing a teammate that early was in the game was a HOF move. 

As mwil pointed out with blue, I can't see him allowing scummates to use such bogus claims either. Like Wolf posting the wrong pic of his false character claim, can't imagine they wouldn't have that all nailed down before hand. He also pursued gopher too hard in my mind.  Would be incredibly aggressive bussing.

Nacho abilities, at least one of them, seems identical to mine. I don't remember seeing what his second move was. Followed him earlier in the game and didn't see a substantial amount of moves, tried again last night just to confirm and I failed.

ET and slappy seem to be tied together, which ET giving a 1 shot ability over and over to slappy. 

I can't get a solid read on any of this, because it seems most of us have some sort of confirmed ability.