Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

18 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

And do we expect the Saints to be competitive any time soon?

If they get Watson, yes. If they don't, no, but that has far more to do with their lack of a QB than their salary cap situation.

• Like 1

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

Allen Robinson went to the Rams, 3 yr 46 mil

I bet this kicks off the WR market now. It seemed like a lot of teams/players were just waiting after the Kirk deal, since no one was going to let that set the actual market. Hopefully we can move on Hill shortly now, and still add someone like Juju.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I bet this kicks off the WR market now. It seemed like a lot of teams/players were just waiting after the Kirk deal, since no one was going to let that set the actual market. Hopefully we can move on Hill shortly now, and still add someone like Juju.

I agree, this is the first big domino. The Kirk signing seemed more of an exception than the rule.

8 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I’ll be curious what this means for Woods and OBJ. 

Yeah, I wonder if they fear their availability isn't coming this season, or at least the first half. That's a lot of cabbage for a plan B so maybe Woods n OBJ aren't fitting into their long-term plans either.

15 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I can't help but laugh at this point.

If Tyreek is asking for anything close to what Adams just got, trade him. Veach screwed up big time by not getting his extension done during the season or immediately afterwards.

Yea, I LOVE Tyreek but if he wants even close to that it’s probably best to send him packing.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

So…remember when I said, “I feel that CB is a NEED. The guys we have aren’t good enough.”

Yeah, about that…it just got WAY WORSE.

Man this whole FA period has been one kick in the nuts right after another...

I know the idea is, we’re the best that’s why everyone is trying to catch up, but dang.  We haven’t moved the needle in terms of improving the team, and with losing Ward and Pringle you could make the argument that we’ve gone backwards.

The Reid for Mathieu switch remains to be seen.

Not bad for an UDFA from KSU. 

If that is the market, we are not getting any frontline WR and the draft really does not compare to last year or the year before. Hill, Hardman, Gordon, and ??? We have Kemp, Dieter, the guys on PS including Powell but the cupboard looks kind of bare. 

In other news, the team officially non-tendered Chris Lammons. Do'D and Dan Sorenson are also unsigned, so our ST are looking downright bare even though Zane Anderson will be back. Maybe the four 7th round picks will contribute.

J

Edited by onejayhawk