Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

35 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Just because I know Jay will dislike it, apparently Patrick Peterson listed KC as a preferred destination.  May not be what he once was, but certainly still provide quality snaps and will fill the leadership void in the secondary.

I'm very much down with vet signings like him, but those are always a question of money. I'm down with us getting a bunch of one year rentals, guys like Peterson, Ingram, Cox, AJ Green, Julio Jones, etc., as long as they're cheap as well. The trouble if they aren't, is they'll be short deals that you can't spread the hit of like we do with our long term deals with younger guys.

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

To be fair, the last time Watson started a full season, the Texans went 4-12. I’m not sure the Saints team as a whole is more talented than that Texans team. Plus they lost Payton.

This is moot now that Watson is going to Cleveland, but the Saints just went 9-8 with Siemian, Winston, Hill, and Book. They are absolutely more talented than the Texans that went 4-12 with Watson. Kamara, Thomas, Armstead, Ramczyk, Jordan, Lattimore, Davis, CGJ, are all way more talented than what the 2020 Texans put out there. The 2020 Texans had some decent names that were declining, but all they really had for prime talent was Reid, Tunsil, and Cooks.

42 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Results speak louder than words.........Silence from 2021........

You know it's hard to be productive when you're injured, right? Gordon hasn't been productive since 2013, healthy, suspended, injured, or otherwise. Juju had one year where he saw only ~200 snaps due to injury, and has always been productive otherwise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

You know it's hard to be productive when you're injured, right? Gordon hasn't been productive since 2013. Juju had one year where he saw ~200 snaps due to injury, and has always been productive otherwise.

He was also playing with a shell of QB when he was playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

Results speak louder than words.........Silence from 2021........

JuJu was hurt. It appears that the team made use of the fact to keep his cap hit minimal, just over $3 Million even though the potential for over $10 Million. It could be loaded with easy to reach incentives that are still not likely to be earned (NLTBE) based on his lack of production in 2021. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/grab_a_tinfoil_hat_juju_smith_schusters_kc_contract_might_be_hilarious/s1_16631_37319103

16 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

You know it's hard to be productive when you're injured, right?

When you're not producing maybe "i'm hurt" is a convenient excuse too.

And if you hurt why are you allowing yourself to be mistreated by allowing yourself to be placed on the active roster, where you most certainly won't shine?

Edited by mayanfootball

And if you hurt why are you allowing yourself to be mistreated by allowing yourself to be placed on the active roster, where you most certainly won't shine?

He played in 5 games, 1 of which he had 1 target…what are you talking about?

• Like 2

He played 5 games with a dead armed QB, (the last 2 years actually and Mason Rudolph the year before that). What are you trying to convey here? You don't like the signing? Ok that's fine, everyone has an opinion but to use such an ignorant excuse is a little redundant.

Big fan of the Juju addition, he was my favorite option at the WR spot.    Has versatility in where he can line up,  excels at reading coverages and gearing down to give his QB a solid window.   He also appears to be very unselfish and gets involved with blocking.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Big fan of the Juju addition, he was my favorite option at the WR spot.    Has versatility in where he can line up,  excels at reading coverages and gearing down to give his QB a solid window.   He also appears to be very unselfish and gets involved with blocking.  

I feel like he should be everything we hoped Sammy would've been, when he decided to play that is lol