Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

That was a couple years ago though,   I'm not sure how it went in Houston for him.

Article I saw said he started 8 games last year for the Texans, and let’s be honest did anything really “go” for them last year.  He’s what we need, depth that can play, a versatile piece that spires flexibility in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Big Nnadi is back, 

Per roto:

Chiefs re-signed NT Derrick Nnadi to an undisclosed contract. 

Nnadi is coming off one of the worst seasons of his career, grading out with a career-low 51.3 PFF rating, but has had more success than that in his playing history and won't turn 26 until May. Pending terms, it's a nice keep for a Chiefs team that has quietly done some good work in free agency. 

Again, at this point, we are standing pat.  Juju is a clear upgrade, losing Ward is a downgrade.  These recent moves create flexibility in the draft, add depth.  An edge signing or a CB though I’m not sure who’s left that could be at or above Ward’s value and we’ll have a much better idea of the draft plan.

Please don’t draft a RB again…please.

9 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Article I saw said he started 8 games last year for the Texans, and let’s be honest did anything really “go” for them last year.  He’s what we need, depth that can play, a versatile piece that spires flexibility in the draft.

I think that's why we got Reid so cheap(well affordable anyway). A lot of those guys stock dropped while playing for them.

Edited by Chiefs_5627

8 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Big Nnadi is back, 

Per roto:

Nnadi is coming off one of the worst seasons of his career, grading out with a career-low 51.3 PFF rating, but has had more success than that in his playing history and won't turn 26 until May. Pending terms, it's a nice keep for a Chiefs team that has quietly done some good work in free agency. 

He is, but he has the excuse injury, as did most of the DL. He is a reasonable two gap DT. You would like an upgrade who is a better run stuffer or had better penetration, but this plugs a hole.

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

That works for me. Thanks for admitting that you intended to be a BULLY, which has no place here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

• Like 1

1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

He is, but he has the excuse injury, as did most of the DL. He is a reasonable two gap DT. You would like an upgrade who is a better run stuffer or had better penetration, but this plugs a hole.

I hear ya there. I was kinda hoping we'd kick the tires on Pierce before he went to the Ravens, again

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

I hear ya there. I was kinda hoping we'd kick the tires on Pierce before he went to the Ravens, again

I think the again the key. Nnadi is a Chief, again. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_chiefs_re_sign_dt_derrick_nnadi/s1_16631_37324005

This gives us five reasonable DL--Clark, Jones, Danna, Wharton, Nnadi. We need edge rushers badlybut at least the bleeding under control. I Ingram re-signs, then we have a rotation and can focus on the draft. 

J

29 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Please don’t draft a RB again…please.

I'll disagree here. There's several guys in the 4th-7th range that would be an upgrade to last year's depth. Plus, next year is Clyde's contract year. It'd be nice to have someone under a rookie deal to potentially take over as RB1 in 2024.

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'll disagree here. There's several guys in the 4th-7th range that would be an upgrade to last year's depth. Plus, next year is Clyde's contract year. It'd be nice to have someone under a rookie deal to potentially take over as RB1 in 2024.

I meant round 1, I’m all aboard the Abram Smith train…I just can’t watch premium players of need positions get ignored.

8 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

You guys having fun? Why don't you grow up and stop being 11yr. olds. So childish...........

@mayanfootball @onejayhawk @Chiefs_5627

Why don't y'all just let it go? If you can't talk football and have to resort to this, none of you are, at this point, in the right. @Chiefs_5627 did have the final right idea, that if you can't handle it, there's an ignore feature for a reason. I pride myself in not having to moderate this forum heavily. Let's not make this the offseason that changes that. But for now, if you think you have something more worth adding to this quote chain, just PM it to me and I'll tell you why you shouldn't post it.

We just re-signed Nnadi. We just signed Christian. We still have perceived needs at (at least) DB and EDGE. There's plenty of on topic things to discuss right now. So, moving on...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Big Nnadi is back, 

Per roto:

This is a good signing. We still had a good DT rotation before Reed last year, with Jones, Nnadi, Wharton, and Pennel. EDGE still needs a lot of work, but I do think DT can be fine with what we had, with Nnadi back. I don't think a formula like PFF's appreciate what that kind of player can do. And he was better in 2020 with more snaps anyway.

28 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This is a good signing. We still had a good DT rotation before Reed last year, with Jones, Nnadi, Wharton, and Pennel. EDGE still needs a lot of work, but I do think DT can be fine with what we had, with Nnadi back. I don't think a formula like PFF's appreciate what that kind of player can do. And he was better in 2020 with more snaps anyway.

It depends on the alignment. If we go 3-4, then Nnadi is an adequate NT at best and either way we need edge rushers. 

I think we have a ok to solid rotation, buoyed by the fact that CJ is in there. If we’re committed to improving the D-line I would say DT is certainly still in play for upgrades in the draft.  

But I agree, we need edge.  A guy like Ingram didn’t change that, just increases flexibility.  A guy like Z who is now still out there, would change that but again, I wouldn’t hate picking a guy so we had rotation.

16 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

It depends on the alignment. If we go 3-4, then Nnadi is an adequate NT at best and either way we need edge rushers. 

I haven't seen a single official thing that suggests we're going 3-4. I also don't recall Spags ever using that as a primary alignment either.