2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s what JFM is. And do we really need that? We need an actual DE

His athleticism is light years better than JFM. The man is damn near 300 lbs and I've watched him drop into coverage and not be a liability. He's the type of player that Saleh and Ulbrich absolutely love.

28 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He is an actual DE. You crazy.

He’s 280. That’s not the size for a DE in our system. In a 3-4? For sure. But not a 4-3. He will be Coples for us. A guy that we force to play DE that has no business being there. Our system relies on athletic DEs around 20min s lighter than that. I’d rather draft Ojabo at 4 than Walker.

30 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I love Jermaine. Mocked him to us a while back. 

Walker definitely wins in size, but Ojabo has the frame to add on. If we selected Walker, I wouldn't be mad. The heavy offense fans will be, but I'm good. 

I'm an FSU fan and Jermaine Johnson II is much more talented as an EDGE and so more productive than David Ojabo (who was privileged to play opposite of Hutchinson) that it's not even funny. 

Jermaine Johnson (2021):

12 games.

70 tackles. 

(17.5 for loss). 

11.5 sacks. 

Vs. 

David Ojabo (2021).

13 games. 

35 tackles.

(12.0 for loss). 

11.0 sacks. 

Classic example of anything you can do I can do better than you.

And unlike Ojabo, Jermaine Johnson isn't an NCAA one hit wonder.

Jermaine Johnson of 2020 for Georgia recorded 5.0 sacks and 5 tackles for loss (despite only 7 games played) vs. what did "David Ojabo" do last throughout 2020? 1 tackle and 0 sacks? 

Put Jermaine Johnson II on that Michigan's D-Line and opposite of AIDAN HUTCHINSON and he becomes physically impossible to stop and easily records 100 tackles, 30 tackles for loss and 20+ sacks; he's that dominant. 

Just now, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I'm an FSU fan and Jermaine Johnson II is much more talented as an EDGE and so more productive than David Ojabo (who was privileged to play opposite of Hutchinson) that it's not even funny. 

Jermaine Johnson (2021):

12 games.

70 tackles. 

(17.5 for loss). 

11.5 sacks. 

Vs. 

David Ojabo (2021).

13 games. 

35 tackles.

(12.0 for loss). 

11.0 sacks. 

Jermaine Johnson of 2020 for Georgia recorded 5.0 sacks and 5 tackles for loss (despite only 7 games played) vs. what did "David Ojabo" do last throughout 2020? 1 tackle and 0 sacks? 

Put Jermaine Johnson II on that Michigan's D-Line and opposite of AIDAN HUTCHINSON and he becomes physically impossible to stop and easily records 100 tackles, 30 tackles for loss and 20+ sacks; he's that dominant. 

Good comparison about 2021, but I wouldn't call Obajo and 1 hit wonder. He sat behind Kwity Paye who turned out to be a first round pick. Hutch is a heisman winner now. JJ himself probably wouldn't have started either. I really like JJ, so I'm not going to knock the idea of picking him but I loved Obajo's tape as well. So who ever we end up with, I'll be happy. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

maybe because you were immature. lol.

Me, neither. I dont' even remember whether or not I was happy with John Abraham and Shaun Ellis picks. lol.

lmao 

Right. Normally I can pick who I don't like. Especially on defense. I remember when people like Mingo & Upshaw, I hated them. The only options I don't care for is the prospects who could sit the bench all year if they don't win their battle. We know if we draft a DE, LB, Safety, WR, or RG, they will likely start early. If we draft someone like Neal and he doesn't beat Becton & Fant, he may not see the field at all unless he can play RG. If we sign a RG, it would be the same for Ikem. 

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s 280. That’s not the size for a DE in our system. In a 3-4? For sure. But not a 4-3. He will be Coples for us. A guy that we force to play DE that has no business being there. Our system relies on athletic DEs around 20min s lighter than that. I’d rather draft Ojabo at 4 than Walker.

Need NFL combine weigh in for that but he should be 272-275 playing in the National Championship year.

He definitely fits our defense.  Power hands, explosiveness and strong upper are there.   Saleh had DeForest Buckner or Erik Armstead whoever played outside for him when he firstly took over DC duty for 49ers.

14 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lmao 

Right. Normally I can pick who I don't like. Especially on defense. I remember when people like Mingo & Upshaw, I hated them. The only options I don't care for is the prospects who could sit the bench all year if they don't win their battle. We know if we draft a DE, LB, Safety, WR, or RG, they will likely start early. If we draft someone like Neal and he doesn't beat Becton & Fant, he may not see the field at all unless he can play RG. If we sign a RG, it would be the same for Ikem. 

Kyle Hamilton would do.    FS, SS, Slot, WLB or SLB, he is guaranteed to start every game, barring injury.

23 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Good comparison about 2021, but I wouldn't call Obajo and 1 hit wonder. He sat behind Kwity Paye who turned out to be a first round pick. Hutch is a heisman winner now. JJ himself probably wouldn't have started either. I really like JJ, so I'm not going to knock the idea of picking him but I loved Obajo's tape as well. So who ever we end up with, I'll be happy. 

Also, Ojabo has better traits than Hutchinson.   Coaching him right and we get killer product.  Hutchinson may be just As Is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't even want an EDGE round 1. 

• I want OT and WR round 1 (For Zach Wilson)

And despite what the ESPN Media claims this EDGE draft is (much) deeper than just Kayvon, Hutchinson, Johnson II, Ojabo, Karlaftis and Walker of the 1st round. 

I actually like the value of the 2nd round edge rushers even more. 

• Arnold Ebiketie @ 6'3/256 lbs (Penn State).

• Boye Mafe @ 6'4/265 lbs (Minnesota).

• Cameron Thomas @ 6'5/290 lbs (San Diego State).

• Drake Jackson @ 6'4/250 lbs (USC).

✓ And my personal favorite Nik Bonitto of Oklahoma (6'3/240 lbs) who's been an absolute terror. And he's the one with the actual NCAA's #1 Rated Pass Rushing Score throughout the previous two years (combined) he's recorded 16 sacks and 26 1/2 tackles for loss. 

I'd rather draft OT/WR round 1 and then focus on both Edge/TE come round two because come round two they'll be a lot more available high ceiling Edge Rushers than there will be OT/WR (these OTs/WRs are flying off the shelves round 1). 

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I don't even want an EDGE round 1. 

• I want OT and WR round 1 (For Zach Wilson)

And despite what the ESPN Media claims this EDGE draft is (much) deeper than just Kayvon, Hutchinson, Johnson II, Ojabo, Karlaftis and Walker of the 1st round. 

I actually like the value of the 2nd round edge rushers even more. 

• Arnold Ebiketie @ 6'3/256 lbs (Penn State).

• Boye Mafe @ 6'4/265 lbs (Minnesota).

• Cameron Thomas @ 6'5/290 lbs (San Diego State).

• Drake Jackson @ 6'4/250 lbs (USC).

✓ And my personal favorite Nik Bonitto of Oklahoma (6'3/240 lbs) who's been an absolute terror. And he's the one with the actual NCAA's #1 Rated Pass Rushing Score throughout the previous two years (combined) he's recorded 16 sacks and 26 1/2 tackles for loss. 

I'd rather draft OT/WR round 1 and then focus on both Edge/TE come round two because come round two they'll be a lot more available high ceiling Edge Rushers than there will be OT/WR (these OTs/WRs are flying off the shelves round 1). 

I am fine with no Edge in 1st but Ebiketie is 250, 255 for Mafe and 264 for Thomas. Per Senior Bowl weigh in measurement.

Thomas is too lean to handle NFL player right now.   Mafe and Ebiketie have showed some strengths in front of Jets coaching staffs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lmao 

One thing about Evan Neal is that he's probably the most versatile O-Lineman within the entire draft. 

Freshman = LG. 

Sophomore = RT. 

Junior = LT. 

All 3 years.

Started @ 3 different positions.

And physically dominated all 3 positions too. 

@ 6'7 / 350 lbs he would've been the first Alabama O-Lineman drafted last year and neither one of Alex Leatherwood nor Landon Dickerson would've been able to stop him either; he's that dominant.

Nonetheless I've got my hopes set on Ikem Ekwonu @ pick #4 overall because Jacksonville would have to be insane to not draft Evan Neal #1 overall (Trevor Lawrence is on the line). 

17 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

One thing about Evan Neal is that he's probably the most versatile O-Lineman within the entire draft. 

Freshman = LG. 

Sophomore = RT. 

Junior = LT. 

All 3 years.

Started @ 3 different positions.

And physically dominated all 3 positions too. 

@ 6'7 / 350 lbs he would've been the first Alabama O-Lineman drafted last year and neither one of Alex Leatherwood nor Landon Dickerson would've been able to stop him either; he's that dominant.

Nonetheless I've got my hopes set on Ikem Ekwonu @ pick #4 overall because Jacksonville would have to be insane to not draft Evan Neal #1 overall (Trevor Lawrence is on the line). 

Being a Freshman LG doesn't really confirm it for me. He's not bad at all, but we have to know if he can play RG right now. Ikem & Neal are good prospects. I don't hate them but if we sign a RG and Ikem/Neal can't win a starting spot during the season at any position on the line, the pick was wasted. That's all I'm worried about. I'm cool if we move Fant or not sign a serious RG. 

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Jermaine Johnson (2021):

12 games.

70 tackles. 

(17.5 for loss). 

11.5 sacks. 

Vs. 

David Ojabo (2021).

13 games. 

35 tackles.

(12.0 for loss). 

11.0 sacks. 

Give me Ojabo… he’s like 3 years younger than Johnson. By the time he’s Johnson’s age, he’ll be a 10 sack guy in the nfl. Where Johnson will nearly be 30 when his rookie contract is up.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Give me Ojabo… he’s like 3 years younger than Johnson. By the time he’s Johnson’s age, he’ll be a 10 sack guy in the nfl. Where Johnson will nearly be 30 when his rookie contract is up.

People said the same thing about Joe Burrow coming out.

"Too old".

If that's your thinking we should never draft Seniors from the Senior Bowl and should only draft Juniors (because of age). 

Jermaine Johnson II will 100% get drafted 1st round and for good reason too. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 1