Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think that goes without saying.  But you add Paul George and LeBron James, how good of a team are they?

A lot of internal improvement would need to occur to be a title contender. And that's if two top 10 players actually enter the fold. But they would be good. 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

A lot of internal improvement would need to occur to be a title contender. And that's if two top 10 players actually enter the fold. But they would be good. 

Let me preface this by saying that there isn't a single team who can jump the Warriors over the next 8 months or whatever the time is before next season starts.  But adding LeBron/Paul George to a team instantly makes any team a top 4 team in the West IMO.

Cleveland got better today.  They have a completely new team.  This has to be the most turnover for 1 team at the deadline in history.

They still have too many rotation players.  I wonder if part of this was for Jordan or Kemba.  They still go 10+ deep.

LeBron
Hill
Smith
Love
Thompson

Hood
Green
Clarkson
Korver
Nance
Osman

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:
4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Let me preface this by saying that there isn't a single team who can jump the Warriors over the next 8 months or whatever the time is before next season starts.  But adding LeBron/Paul George to a team instantly makes any team a top 4 team in the West IMO.

Let's play hypothetical and say they add LeBron, Paul George, and Avery Bradley (after trading Deng + Cleveland 1st rounder as a dump).  Ingram will have a good amount of trade value and could bring back another good rotation player.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Let's play hypothetical and say they add LeBron, Paul George, and Avery Bradley (after trading Deng + Cleveland 1st rounder as a dump).  Ingram will have a good amount of trade value and could bring back another good rotation player.

I'd suspect (and again, that's me purely speculating) that I think the Lakers have no desire to move Ingram unless they're bringing back another star player.  Not just a good rotational player.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'd suspect (and again, that's me purely speculating) that I think the Lakers have no desire to move Ingram unless they're bringing back another star player.  Not just a good rotational player.

Yeah, you're right.  Ingram is already a good rotation piece.  He's 20 and has shown huge improvements already.  He + salary filler + 1 pick should be able to get a damn good player...like Kemba Walker.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, you're right.  Ingram is already a good rotation piece.  He's 20 and has shown huge improvements already.  He + salary filler + 1 pick should be able to get a damn good player...like Kemba Walker.

I think the Hornets could offer every asset on top of Kemba Walker for Ingram, and Magic/Pelinka would laugh them off the phone.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I think the Hornets could offer every asset on top of Kemba Walker for Ingram, and Magic/Pelinka would laugh them off the phone.

These are the things a Lakers FO would need to consider if they are going to sign LeBron, tbh. 

Just now, champ11 said:

These are the things a Lakers FO would need to consider if they are going to sign LeBron, tbh. 

Kemba Walker doesn't move the needle at all for the Lakers.  In fact, I'd make the argument that the length of Ingram would be more appealing to LeBron/PG.  I mean, that's three LONG defenders you can throw at Klay and Durant.  LeBron would probably have to play the 4 though, and he's been resistant to that in the past.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

If the Cavs can swing DeAndre Jordan and Avery Bradley for the combination of Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, and the Nets 1st Round Pick, that team will be scary!

Hill/Clarkson
Bradley/Hood
LeBron/Green/Osman
Love/Nance
Jordan/Zizic

:o

They could probably get one of the two, but they're not getting DeAndre Jordan AND Avery Bradley.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

If the Cavs can swing DeAndre Jordan and Avery Bradley for the combination of Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, and the Nets 1st Round Pick, that team will be scary!

Hill/Clarkson
Bradley/Hood
LeBron/Green/Osman
Love/Nance
Jordan/Zizic

:o

Bradley can't be moved with another player. I guess they could do two separate trades, maybe.

Archived