My Terrible Bears Mock Offseason

blkwdw13

I am probably way off but I was bored, so go ahead and rip it apart.

Cuts

LB - Danny Trevathan

LB - Jeremaih Attaochu

Resigned FA's

WR/RS Grant, Jakeem
WR Byrd, Damiere
TE Horsted, Jesper
OG Daniels, James
OT Wilkinson, Elijah
OLB Snowden, Charles
FS Houston-Carson, DeAndre
LB  Marsh, Cassius
LS Scales, Patrick

Free Agents

WR Mike Williams
WR Michael Gallup
LB  Jayon Brown
LB  Josey Jewell
S Deshon Elliot
DL Mailk McDowell
S Jayron Kearse
OC Bradley Bozeman
TE OJ Howard
OL  Josh Wells

Draft

2 Darian Kinnard OT
3 Coby Bryant CB
5 Bernhard Raimann OL
5 Jordan Battle S
6 Tyler Allgeier RB

UDFA

QB Dustin Crum
P A Punter

Depth Chart(ish)

Offense

QB - Fields, Foles, Crum

RB - Montgomery, Herbert, Cohen, Allgeier

WR - Mooney, Williams, Gallup, Grant, Byrd, Newsome

TE - Kmet, Howard, Horsted

OT - Jenkins, Borom, Wilkinson, Kinnard

OG - Whitehair, Daniels, Raimann, Wells

OC - Bozeman

Defense

DL - Quinn, Gipson, Edwards, McDowell

DT - Goldman, Blackson, Tonga

ILB - Smith, Brown, Jewell, Kamara

OLB - Mack, Snowden, Marsh, Johnson

CB - Johnson, Graham, Bryant, Shelley, Vildor

S - Jackson, Houston-Carson, Kearse, Elliot, Battle

ST's

K - Santos

LS - Scales

P - A Punter

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I like the Bozeman and Williams pick ups

Not sure I want the Bears 3 best receivers to be Williams, Mooney and Byrd week 1 though

Not sure why they'd take Kinnard and then sit him on the bench ideally

I personally don't have a set depth chart, but I think he would start at RT. Plus who the staff that comes in is not tied to any player, at least ones that aren't established like Jenkins and Borom. With Williams and Mooney if Daboll is hired like I would want he is working with less in Buffalo, plus Gallup will come back at some point in the season. Byrd is just depth like Isiah McKenzie is for the Bills.

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

I personally don't have a set depth chart, but I think he would start at RT. Plus who the staff that comes in is not tied to any player, at least ones that aren't established like Jenkins and Borom. With Williams and Mooney if Daboll is hired like I would want he is working with less in Buffalo, plus Gallup will come back at some point in the season. Byrd is just depth like Isiah McKenzie is for the Bills.

I like Borom as a RT, but since he can play both OT spots I LOVE him as a swing tackle too. 

• Like 1

MY current draft mock ends up pretty similar tbh.....  Most draft sims have all the WR I really like going ahead of our pick @39, and I don't see any Center prospects other than the IOWA kid (Who is apparently going at latest pick20, and well out of our range).....

That said, my OT of choice for the first pick @ 39  right now is Faalele-RT from Minnesota... I actually wanted him last year and his draft position shockingly hasn't really changed much year to year, despite his play improving...... The kid is gargantuan at 6ft8 380 (and that's after dropping weight), but he's also surprisingly light on his feet.... and via pff he's only played football for a handfull of years, and shown improvement every year.  

The plan would then be to Slot him in at RT, kick either Borom or Jenkins inside to guard, and one of whitehair or daniels, both of whom we drafted to play center can do their damn job and get mustipher off the field.....

From there mustipher can limp on as the backup C (I'd also draft a mid-late round developmental guy to compete with him this year), and whoever got kicked inside to OG will end up being the swing OT if there's any injuries.