2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'd probably be really upset too if we drafted a rb in the first but after the first I'm cool. I don't agree with the 3rd or later stuff. Super talented rbs ain't that easy to come by and they change your offense for the better when you do get one.

Rather spend alil more to get a more explosive guy vs just a good enough guy

Yeah 

its really day 3 that’s a crapshoot. yes you can find bodies, but they typically don’t last long with getting a decently drafted running mate that takes their job. Ekeler is the exception.

really if you want impact game changing ones you have to get them in the top 64 usually. 

top 50 fantasy backs (+ Dobbins and the new 2nd round rookies)

Jonathan Taylor (IND) 

2nd (41st)

Austin Ekeler(LAC)

UDFA

Joe Mixon(CIN)

2nd (48th)  (abuse)

Najee Harris(PIT)

1st (24th)

James Conner (ARI)

3rd (105th) (cancer)

Ezekiel Elliott(DAL)

1st (4th)

Nick Chubb(CLE)

2nd (35th)

Damien Harris (NE)

3rd (87th)

Alvin Kamara(NO)

3rd (67th)

Antonio Gibson (WAS)

3rd (66th)

Leonard Fournette(TB)

1st (4th)

Cordarrelle Patterson(ATL)

1st (29th)

Aaron Jones(GB)

5th (182nd)

Derrick Henry (TEN)

2nd (45th)

Dalvin Cook (MIN)

2nd (41st)

Josh Jacobs(LV)

1st (24th)

Melvin Gordon III (DEN)

1st (15th)

Javonte Williams (DEN)

2nd (35th)

Devin Singletary (BUF)

3rd (74th)

David Montgomery (CHI)

3rd (73rd)

AJ Dillon (GB)

2nd (62nd)

Darrel Williams (KC)

UDFA

D'Andre Swift (DET)

2nd (35th)

Elijah Mitchell (SF)

6th (194th)

James Robinson (JAC)

UDFA

Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR)

3rd (70th)

Sony Michel (MIA)

1st (31st)

Myles Gaskin(MIA)

7th (234)

Tony Pollard (DAL)

4th (128th)

Michael Carter (NYJ)

4th (107th)

Rashaad Penny (SEA)

1st (27th)

Devonta Freeman (FA)

4th (103rd)

Chuba Hubbard(CAR) 

4th (126th)

Saquon Barkley (NYG)

1st (2nd)

Devontae Booker (FA) 

4th (136th)

Rhamondre Stevenson (NE)

4th (120th)

Chase Edmonds (MIA)

4th (134th)

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC)

1st (32nd)

Mike Davis(BAL)

4th (126th)

Alexander Mattison(MIN)

3rd (103rd)

Jamaal Williams(DET) 

4th (134th)

Latavius Murray (FA)

6th (181st)

Miles Sanders (PHI)

2nd (53rd)

Christian McCaffrey(CAR)

1st (8th)

Kenneth Gainwell(PHI)

5th (150th)

Kareem Hunt(CLE)

3rd (86th)

Boston Scott(PHI)

6th (201st)

D'Ernest Johnson(CLE)

UDFA

D'Onta Foreman(CAR) 

3rd (89th)

J.K. Dobbins (BAL) I

2nd (55th)

Breece Hall (NYJ) r

2nd (36th)

Kenneth Walker III (SEA) r

2nd (41st)

James Cook (BUF) r

2nd (63rd)

Excluding the Rookies
1st Rounders - 11
2nd Rounders - 10
3rd Rounders - 10
4th Rounders - 10
5th Rounders - 2
6th Rounders - 3 
7th Rounders - 1
           UDFAs - 4

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah 

its really day 3 that’s a crapshoot. yes you can find bodies, but they typically don’t last long with getting a decently drafted running mate that takes their job. Ekeler is the exception.

really if you want impact game changing ones you have to get them in the top 64 usually. 

top 50 fantasy backs (+ Dobbins and the new 2nd round rookies)

Jonathan Taylor (IND) 

2nd (41st)

Austin Ekeler(LAC)

UDFA

Joe Mixon(CIN)

2nd (48th)  (abuse)

Najee Harris(PIT)

1st (24th)

James Conner (ARI)

3rd (105th) (cancer)

Ezekiel Elliott(DAL)

1st (4th)

Nick Chubb(CLE)

2nd (35th)

Damien Harris (NE)

3rd (87th)

Alvin Kamara(NO)

3rd (67th)

Antonio Gibson (WAS)

3rd (66th)

Leonard Fournette(TB)

1st (4th)

Cordarrelle Patterson(ATL)

1st (29th)

Aaron Jones(GB)

5th (182nd)

Derrick Henry (TEN)

2nd (45th)

Dalvin Cook (MIN)

2nd (41st)

Josh Jacobs(LV)

1st (24th)

Melvin Gordon III (DEN)

1st (15th)

Javonte Williams (DEN)

2nd (35th)

Devin Singletary (BUF)

3rd (74th)

David Montgomery (CHI)

3rd (73rd)

AJ Dillon (GB)

2nd (62nd)

Darrel Williams (KC)

UDFA

D'Andre Swift (DET)

2nd (35th)

Elijah Mitchell (SF)

6th (194th)

James Robinson (JAC)

UDFA

Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR)

3rd (70th)

Sony Michel (MIA)

1st (31st)

Myles Gaskin(MIA)

7th (234)

Tony Pollard (DAL)

4th (128th)

Michael Carter (NYJ)

4th (107th)

Rashaad Penny (SEA)

1st (27th)

Devonta Freeman (FA)

4th (103rd)

Chuba Hubbard(CAR) 

4th (126th)

Saquon Barkley (NYG)

1st (2nd)

Devontae Booker (FA) 

4th (136th)

Rhamondre Stevenson (NE)

4th (120th)

Chase Edmonds (MIA)

4th (134th)

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC)

1st (32nd)

Mike Davis(BAL)

4th (126th)

Alexander Mattison(MIN)

3rd (103rd)

Jamaal Williams(DET) 

4th (134th)

Latavius Murray (FA)

6th (181st)

Miles Sanders (PHI)

2nd (53rd)

Christian McCaffrey(CAR)

1st (8th)

Kenneth Gainwell(PHI)

5th (150th)

Kareem Hunt(CLE)

3rd (86th)

Boston Scott(PHI)

6th (201st)

D'Ernest Johnson(CLE)

UDFA

D'Onta Foreman(CAR) 

3rd (89th)

J.K. Dobbins (BAL) I

2nd (55th)

Breece Hall (NYJ) r

2nd (36th)

Kenneth Walker III (SEA) r

2nd (41st)

James Cook (BUF) r

2nd (63rd)

Excluding the Rookies
1st Rounders - 11
2nd Rounders - 10
3rd Rounders - 10
4th Rounders - 10
5th Rounders - 2
6th Rounders - 3 
7th Rounders - 1
           UDFAs - 4

Damn after round 3 they suck besides like 2-3 guys. Without looking I was pretty spot on. Great write up also

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 2:27 PM, EagleBlueDon said:

Man I'm just not into drafting RBs even in the 2nd round. 3rd I'd still cringe but accept it. Such a high turnover position man. Look, Miles is already about to be done being an Eagle.

Nah. Day 2 is the sweet spot for RBs just like @Kiltman pointed out.

Miles is likely done with the Eagles cause he can't stay healthy and our cap situation still isn't great till like 2024 at least. No reasonable to pay a good sized extension to a RB when our cap situation isn't the healthiest and even if it was he would have had to prove he's durable which he hasn't. I like Miles a good deal he's got home run speed and he's got better as a runner as far as taking what's there and cleaned up the drops he had in 2020 that he didn't have last year or as a rookie.

If I love a RB enough that is there on day 2 I'll take them, especially with how great our OL is. You san say plug any RB in there and they could get yards behind this OL and that's true, but not every back we put in like a Scott or Howard can be special and put fear in a defenses eyes. Would you have wanted us to pass on McCoy or Westbrook on day 2?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nah. Day 2 is the sweet spot for RBs just like @Kiltman pointed out.

Miles is likely done with the Eagles cause he can't stay healthy and our cap situation still isn't great till like 2024 at least. No reasonable to pay a good sized extension to a RB when our cap situation isn't the healthiest and even if it was he would have had to prove he's durable which he hasn't. I like Miles a good deal he's got home run speed and he's got better as a runner as far as taking what's there and cleaned up the drops he had in 2020 that he didn't have last year or as a rookie.

If I love a RB enough that is there on day 2 I'll take them, especially with how great our OL is. You san say plug any RB in there and they could get yards behind this OL and that's true, but not every back we put in like a Scott or Howard can be special and put fear in a defenses eyes. Would you have wanted us to pass on McCoy or Westbrook on day 2?

Like I said before, round 3 I'm okay with, but I'd still cringe honestly. I think you can find some nice backs in that round. And that's a hard question to answer with hindsight in the holster. Two legends, sure, but I'm sure there were other legends around those areas of the draft we passed on that might've had an even larger impact. I don't want to come across as a RB-hater, but I really feel like there's a large middle tier of starters that are interchangeable. And that those middle tier guys can be found in the 3rd or later. And those upper tier guys, you must spend a 1 or a 2 on which I'm not big on at all. 

Lmao @ pff ranking Mailata as the 18th best overall tackle, and in the "young tackles trending in the right direction" tier just one spot ahead of Sewell and behind several guys he's without a doubt better than. Their writeup acknowledges that he was their 2nd highest graded LT last season, but let's rank him 18th. What an abject disaster of a piece.

24 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Like I said before, round 3 I'm okay with, but I'd still cringe honestly. I think you can find some nice backs in that round.

That's fine. Anywhere from 2nd to 4th I think you have a good shot to hit on someone if your evaluation is on the mark. It gets much harder once you get to the 5th to 7th, but its possible. I really wanted the Eagles to draft Elijah Mitchell last year, but we took Marlon Tuipulotu and Tarron Jackson right in front of him in the 6th round instead. I didn't mind either pick, but in my head I knew there was a good chance we wouldn't hang onto Miles for any kind of sizeable contract, so I wanted to bring in another RB with size and Mitchell tested great and his tape was good too. He was just a smaller school prospect, but I digress.

I get where you're coming from, but it all depends on who is on the board in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th and where you have that RB ranked. If the RB is clearly a better prospect than other guys at more "valuabable" positions you still should take them, especially if you have a need for a lead back which we likely will next year. Also, assuming Hurts is still the QB next season having a great RB is even more valuable to our offense than some others that are very pass happy.

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Lmao @ pff ranking Mailata as the 18th best overall tackle, and in the "young tackles trending in the right direction" tier just one spot ahead of Sewell and behind several guys he's without a doubt better than. Their writeup acknowledges that he was their 2nd highest graded LT last season, but let's rank him 18th. What an abject disaster of a piece.

Right like how do you say this and then have him ranked at 18......

He went on to record an 88.3 overall PFF grade — second among qualifying left tackles — in his first season as a full-time starter last year. 

So Mailata had the 2nd highest grade of any LT besides Trent Williams who had one of the most insane seasons for a tackle in the past decade and we are projecting him going into next year at 18th?? Like how does that make any sense? lol

I'm not even sure Mailata was the 2nd best LT in the NFL last year. He had some lapses in pass pro at times with his hands which for a guy who is only in his 2nd year of playing real football is to be expected. But, the reasoning behind where they put him makes no sense. Slater was great as a rookie and he's twice as high. Sewell was up and down as a rookie and he's right behind Mailata. La'el Collins wasn't great last year and he's ahead of Mailata. I don't get it at all.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Right like how do you say this and then have him ranked at 18......

So Mailata had the 2nd highest grade of any LT besides Trent Williams who had one of the most insane seasons for a tackle in the past decade and we are projecting him going into next year at 18th?? Like how does that make any sense? lol

I'm not even sure Mailata was the 2nd best LT in the NFL last year. He had some lapses in pass pro at times with his hands which for a guy who is only in his 2nd year of playing real football is to be expected. But, the reasoning behind where they put him makes no sense. Slater was great as a rookie and he's twice as high. Sewell was up and down as a rookie and he's right behind Mailata. La'el Collins wasn't great last year and he's ahead of Mailata. I don't get it at all.

Yeah dude the reasoning is just nonsensical to the nth degree. Like you're literally contradicting your own grading system. Especially with that "trending in the right direction" tier he's in. How the hell can he finish as 2nd LT, be trending in the right direction, and be projected as 18th? Truly mind-bending stuff lmao

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Like I said before, round 3 I'm okay with, but I'd still cringe honestly. I think you can find some nice backs in that round. And that's a hard question to answer with hindsight in the holster. Two legends, sure, but I'm sure there were other legends around those areas of the draft we passed on that might've had an even larger impact. I don't want to come across as a RB-hater, but I really feel like there's a large middle tier of starters that are interchangeable. And that those middle tier guys can be found in the 3rd or later. And those upper tier guys, you must spend a 1 or a 2 on which I'm not big on at all. 

Round 3+ is brutal. He just showed a list

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

17 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Round 3+ is brutal. He just showed a list

Idk if I'd call it brutal but. For me, it really all comes down to that running back sticking out like a sore thumb among those players at that specific time. Backs are just too much of a product of the OL for me. My team better be set at just about everywhere else if I'm taking a back again in round 2. If I'm barren at the position I get it a little more. Like we were when Josh Adams was our lead guy. That called for a 2nd round back.

24 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Idk if I'd call it brutal but. For me, it really all comes down to that running back sticking out like a sore thumb among those players at that specific time. Backs are just too much of a product of the OL for me. My team better be set at just about everywhere else if I'm taking a back again in round 2. If I'm barren at the position I get it a little more. Like we were when Josh Adams was our lead guy. That called for a 2nd round back.

It’s really just a timing thing really 

You invest early (2nd round is the sweet spot) when you are ready to compete with a good OL and team in place. Any other time it’s stupid to take one.

Taking one top 10 is dumb always.

So taking a look to next year, yeah we are in position to take one regardless of what is happening at QB.

Hurts plays well, taking a RB early to boost the offense makes sense.
They trade for a QB, gonna be all in on offense so getting a quality starting RB makes sense.
Draft a QB early? Draft a rb too to make their life easier. (This is also the most likely one for Sanders to come back for a year)

Unless Miles signs a super low deal seems like he’s gone with a good season.

Really the only way I see them not doing it, aside from the board not falling, is if Gainwell, Kennedy Brooks or some other back blows up this year.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

So taking a look to next year, yeah we are in position to take one regardless of what is happening at QB.

Hurts plays well, taking a RB early to boost the offense makes sense.
They trade for a QB, gonna be all in on offense so getting a quality starting RB makes sense.
Draft a QB early? Draft a rb too to make their life easier. (This is also the most likely one for Sanders to come back for a year)

Bingo. Like you said its a timing thing.

The timing right now is looking perfect for a RB next year in what should be a pretty good RB class. I'd love Bijan, but there is a gap right now between him and everyone else and he's going 1st round, but there are other backs like Zach Evans, Sean Tucker, Tank Bigsby, Zach Charbonnet (who I was hoping came out this year), Devon Achane, Jahymr Gibbs, Jase McClellan, etc. We'll probably be able to find someone pretty good who slips into the 2nd or 3rd maybe.

I'd rather draft a RB on day 2 than pay one a big contract. Still mad at Chip Kelly for giving DeMarco Murray that deal. Cowboys drafted him in the 3rd round and got 4,526 rushing yards out of him for 2.9 million. I'd say Dallas doesn't regret that pick one bit and the Eagles don't regret Westbrook or McCoy either. I don't even really regret Sanders. The talent is there its just been more a matter of health for him which sucks, but that can happen with any draft pick.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Really the only way I see them not doing it, aside from the board not falling, is if Gainwell, Kennedy Brooks or some other back blows up this year.

Yeah, I don't really see that happening. I think Gainwell can be a good RB2 in a committee (which is how the NFL has trended anyways), but I don't think I see him as a RB1 that is gonna carry most of the load. He also needs to clean up those drops (5) from his rookie year. He had a 10% drop rate last year... not quite as bad as Sanders 2nd year of 7 drops for 13.5%, but Sanders had 3 drops as a rookie for 4.8% and last year had 1 drop for 2.9%. Kenny can be a pretty good receiving back though. Just a part of his game I hope he's been working on this offseason. I know he's been training hard from what I've read.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bingo. Like you said its a timing thing.

The timing right now is looking perfect for a RB next year in what should be a pretty good RB class. I'd love Bijan, but there is a gap right now between him and everyone else and he's going 1st round, but there are other backs like Zach Evans, Sean Tucker, Tank Bigsby, Zach Charbonnet (who I was hoping came out this year), Devon Achane, Jahymr Gibbs, Jase McClellan, etc. We'll probably be able to find someone pretty good who slips into the 2nd or 3rd maybe.

I'd rather draft a RB on day 2 than pay one a big contract. Still mad at Chip Kelly for giving DeMarco Murray that deal. Cowboys drafted him in the 3rd round and got 4,526 rushing yards out of him for 2.9 million. I'd say Dallas doesn't regret that pick one bit and the Eagles don't regret Westbrook or McCoy either. I don't even really regret Sanders. The talent is there its just been more a matter of health for him which sucks, but that can happen with any draft pick.

I wouldn’t even rule out Bijan, they value good all-around backs. They loved McCaffrey in 2018. If they had a pick in the 20s and he was there I could see them take him.  Be very dependent on the QB position 

Yeah think the Sanders pick was sound, just the rest fell apart around him. Wideout picks failed, Wentz leaving was unexpected. He’s been solid just a little disappointing. It pains me so much the like 5% he hasn’t grown over the years…like vision and instincts just fall short so often. 

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I wouldn’t even rule out Bijan, they value good all-around backs. They loved McCaffrey in 2018. If they had a pick in the 20s and he was there I could see them take him.

Don't get my hopes up for Bijan... 😭😭

Only way I possibly see it is if Hurts takes a significant step this year and they obviously let Sanders walk and see Bijan as too great of a player to pass on and think he could elevate the offense to new heights. You're right I did forget about McCaffrey. They were really interested in him and if he fell to them probably would've been the pick.

I don't even think Bijan should last to the 20s tbh. He should probably go top 10-19 range at least..... honestly. If Najee Harris and Josh Jacobs can go 24 and Travis Etienne can go 25. Bijan shouldn't be on the board in the 20s. If Saquon Barkley could go 2... Leonard Fournette could go 4, and McCaffrey could go 8. Then, I think Bijan is probably at a mininum a top 15 guy. If he fell to the 20s you are sprinting up to the podium lol.

37 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It pains me so much the like 5% he hasn’t grown over the years…like vision and instincts just fall short so often. 

I think he actually looked like he took a step in the right direction in this department last year. He's never gonna be amazing at it, but he definitely didn't waste as much time in the backfield from what I remember taking TFL losses or no gains. 

I think he's a pretty good back as long as the drops don't come back and he keeps running with more decisiveness. The big thing I need to see from him is durability. Hope he stays healthy this year and balls out and gets a good contract somewhere. Miles seems like a great dude and not immature like Reagor. He wasn't complaining at all when Sirianni wasn't really utilizing him much at all early on in the season even when reporters asked questions about it he kept a good atittude. I want to see him do well. I just don't think we ultimately will pay him.

23 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Don't get my hopes up for Bijan... 😭😭

Only way I possibly see it is if Hurts takes a significant step this year and they obviously let Sanders walk and see Bijan as too great of a player to pass on and think he could elevate the offense to new heights. You're right I did forget about McCaffrey. They were really interested in him and if he fell to them probably would've been the pick.

I don't even think Bijan should last to the 20s tbh. He should probably go top 10-19 range at least..... honestly. If Najee Harris and Josh Jacobs can go 24 and Travis Etienne can go 25. Bijan shouldn't be on the board in the 20s. If Saquon Barkley could go 2... Leonard Fournette could go 4, and McCaffrey could go 8. Then, I think Bijan is probably at a mininum a top 15 guy. If he fell to the 20s you are sprinting up to the podium lol.

yeah it's super unlikely at this point,would rather not
i think the days of RBs going that high are probably behind us...but gonna guess I'll be wrong on that one. I can't see him going top 20. Hope for his sake he really works on his body this year.

Looking at the group next year I'm down to go for one in round 2. Some solid options.
Gimme Tank Bigsby on name alone...like his tape too, guy like that behind a line like this would make teams hurt.

48 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think he actually looked like he took a step in the right direction in this department last year. He's never gonna be amazing at it, but he definitely didn't waste as much time in the backfield from what I remember taking TFL losses or no gains. 

I think he's a pretty good back as long as the drops don't come back and he keeps running with more decisiveness. The big thing I need to see from him is durability. Hope he stays healthy this year and balls out and gets a good contract somewhere. Miles seems like a great dude and not immature like Reagor. He wasn't complaining at all when Sirianni wasn't really utilizing him much at all early on in the season even when reporters asked questions about it he kept a good atittude. I want to see him do well. I just don't think we ultimately will pay him.

He did get a little better, but then there was that play this year that Kelce seemed like he wanted to yell at him for at least 10 minutes because of how bad Miles followed the block.

But yea needs to stay healthy, good dude.... puts in the work. Just need to see the fruits of that labor.
love seeing the dedication but it needs to translate. in year 4.