How many weapons coming off leg/foot injuries is too many?

pwny

Right now, the Jaguars are set to return James Robinson, Travis Etienne, and Dan Arnold from injury to next year.

DJ Chark appears likely to be a priority resigning. Carlos Hyde is under contract for this upcoming season, but I’d assume most people expect him to not return.

When it comes to Free Agency, the names being tossed around most commonly right now are Michael Gallup and Chris Godwin. Both are currently dealing with torn ACLs sustained within the last month.

When it comes to draft prospects, some of the names being thrown around as viable options to spend our second pick on (or trade up for) include Jameo Williams, London Drake and George Pickens. Pickens came back to finish out the year, but didn’t look special in his few games played.

How concerned should be we about the prospect of RBs 1-2, TE 1, and WRs 1-3 all coming off major injuries sustained in 2021? Does it cause concern that possibly the 6 biggest weapons the offense could have might be still healing up and not at full *back from injury* strength come week 1 next year? Does the sheer number of injuries we’re already facing among returning weapons mean we should be targeting guys who are seemingly healthy; such as Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, or Christian Kirk in Free Agency, and/or one of the Ohio St receivers, David Bell or Treylon Burks in the draft?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Right now, the Jaguars are set to return James Robinson, Travis Etienne, and Dan Arnold from injury to next year.

DJ Chark appears likely to be a priority resigning. Carlos Hyde is under contract for this upcoming season, but I’d assume most people expect him to not return.

When it comes to Free Agency, the names being tossed around most commonly right now are Michael Gallup and Chris Godwin. Both are currently dealing with torn ACLs sustained within the last month.

When it comes to draft prospects, some of the names being thrown around as viable options to spend our second pick on (or trade up for) include Jameo Williams, London Drake and George Pickens. Pickens came back to finish out the year, but didn’t look special in his few games played.

How concerned should be we about the prospect of RBs 1-2, TE 1, and WRs 1-3 all coming off major injuries sustained in 2021? Does it cause concern that possibly the 6 biggest weapons the offense could have might be still healing up and not at full *back from injury* strength come week 1 next year? Does the sheer number of injuries we’re already facing among returning weapons mean we should be targeting guys who are seemingly healthy; such as Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, or Christian Kirk in Free Agency, and/or one of the Ohio St receivers, David Bell or Treylon Burks in the draft?

Um..yes and yes.  Also, I wouldn’t rule out trading for a Calvin Ridley or DeVante Parker.  If whoever is running the ship isn't desperate to get trevor some help, it will be another craptastic season.

Btw, keeping Hyde over Armistead....another Urban mistake i hadn't considered until now.

17 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

If Russ leaves, I think they will blow it up.

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Is there rumors around Metcalf wanting out?

I’m all for Ridley if he’s ready to get back into the sport.

This was something wiggs brought up at 1 point.   I think if we could trade back some and then trade that first should be good but idk about having to trade pick 1 for DK basically forces you to break the bank on extending him. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

This was something wiggs brought up at 1 point.   I think if we could trade back some and then trade that first should be good but idk about having to trade pick 1 for DK basically forces you to break the bank on extending him. 

He didn’t bring it up as if it was available. He just asked a hypothetical.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:40 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Trade for Ridley or Metcalf.

I am not too big on Metcalf. He's a solid guy, but is he really a guy that is going to take over games? Seems like Lockett is the more crafty and well rounded (also being a vet) WR of the two. Metcalf is still honing his craft, but his route tree is limited. He is also a bit emotional and I am not into watching guys get overly emotional and get flagged for unnecessary penalties. Of course with him being young, he could iron both the route running and the immaturity issues out, but that is yet to be seen. With that all said, he would be the most talented WR the Jaguars have had since A-Rob and the most athletic ever.

On 1/17/2022 at 2:20 PM, pwny said:

Is there rumors around Metcalf wanting out?

I’m all for Ridley if he’s ready to get back into the sport.

https://www.sportscasting.com/dk-metcalf-post-temper-tantrum-comments-signal-end-russell-wilson-era-seahawks-fight-tired-losing/

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/12/22/22849595/dk-metcalf-russell-wilson-attitude-catch-seattle-seahawks-receiver-miss-mad-future-2021-ramsey-pete

https://www.nfl.com/news/russell-wilson-dk-metcalf-one-catch-seahawks-washington

A few things like the couple of articles here. Here is a nice quote speaking on his relationship with Russ and a small bit of his demeanor:

But amidst it all, DK Metcalf was pissed at Russell Wilson. Some of it was because it turns out Metcalf is an emotional volcano. Much of it was justifiable, because Wilson left him hanging big time that game.

But it also spoke of frustration that’s been brewing for some time, and if Wilson is not careful he’s in danger of losing Metcalf. It’ll be something intangible, and I’m not sure what. Respect? Trust? Whatever it is, Metcalf is a hyper-competitive and slightly arrogant superstar who saw immediate success for two years before the worst season for either of these professionals.

56 minutes ago, Jags said:

I am not too big on Metcalf. He's a solid guy, but is he really a guy that is going to take over games? Seems like Lockett is the more crafty and well rounded (also being a vet) WR of the two. Metcalf is still honing his craft, but his route tree is limited. He is also a bit emotional and I am not into watching guys get overly emotional and get flagged for unnecessary penalties. Of course with him being young, he could iron both the route running and the immaturity issues out, but that is yet to be seen. With that all said, he would be the most talented WR the Jaguars have had since A-Rob and the most athletic ever.

Matt Jones probably is based on the measurements aspect thing right now

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Matt Jones probably is based on the measurements aspect thing right now

I'd say even in measurements, it is pretty close. Jones has better COD (based on measurements), but DK has more power, speed, and explosiveness (based on measurements).

DK:

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1018210&DraftYear=2019

Matt Jones:

http://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=58381&DraftYear=2005