Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the guys we've heard of getting interviewed or to be interviewed are the list. The only other one would be Harbaugh but that one would be secret. I think they have a GM by the 19th and a HC by the 24th

I think those time scales are pretty realistic...especially at HC where ideally I want the GM in place before the 2nd round of HC interviews. 

6 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Give me Dobbs for GM and Flores for HC....

I think that could be a great combination as long as the two of them are on the same page...two big personalities who seem to want things their way...

Also something I picked up incorrectly on Flores was that he lost the locker room...having dug a bit deeper into it it seems it was more his coaching staff...apparently Flores is very demanding of his staff...he also rubbed up the front office the wrong way and was in a power struggle with their GM...that alongside the argument for Watson or Tua led to ownership then wanting rid of him...the Miami media also had a problem with him for not really answering questions...players though seemed to appreciate him...

Seems very much so like he is a really good coach but will rub some people up the wrong way...that's fine if your winning...as soon as you start to lose it could fall apart so we would need to be right on it when it comes to talent and coaching.

Am I the only one who as the season goes loves the idea of an offensive guy...then as soon as the HC gigs come up and people start talking about toughness, intensity & culture then instantly wants a defensive guys? 😂...

Can't tell you how much I hope Leftwich or Daboll can put across a plan to bring that type of "defensive" culture to this team.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think that could be a great combination as long as the two of them are on the same page...two big personalities who seem to want things their way...

Also something I picked up incorrectly on Flores was that he lost the locker room...having dug a bit deeper into it it seems it was more his coaching staff...apparently Flores is very demanding of his staff...he also rubbed up the front office the wrong way and was in a power struggle with their GM...that alongside the argument for Watson or Tua led to ownership then wanting rid of him...the Miami media also had a problem with him for not really answering questions...players though seemed to appreciate him...

Seems very much so like he is a really good coach but will rub some people up the wrong way...that's fine if your winning...as soon as you start to lose it could fall apart so we would need to be right on it when it comes to talent and coaching.

I think any coach will rub some players the wrong way, that's just human nature. He also wanted to draft Herbert over Tua, ownership overruled him which eventually led to his firing.

"The Dolphins got the quarterback position wrong, and while there are a lot of different ways to get that wrong, disagreement between the people drafting the quarterback is a terrible place to start. Reports have it that Flores preferred Herbert over Tua, while Ross had no interest in Herbert. A fracture between head coach and owner, with the general manager (understandably) siding with his boss come draft day, makes the following trainwreck in Miami more easy to parse."

"He lost it (his job) because of the relationships he struggled to make and maintain. That message has been delivered, loud and clear. NFL Network’s Steve Wyche said that “coaches don’t often get fired for coaching reasons.” ESPN’s Jeff Darlington said Flores’s “relationship with [Dolphins GM Chris] Grier and Tua [Tagovailoa] had deteriorated to a pretty bad place.” And Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said “an organization can only function if it’s collaborative and works well together.” If anyone would know why Flores got fired, it’s that guy. He did it.That Flores’s coaching approach rubbed some people the wrong way is unsurprising. Flores is an intense dude. He came up in the coaching ranks under the most intense of dudes: Bill Belichick. He once tried to fight the entire Cincinnati Bengals bench. But even though coaches may not get fired for coaching reasons, we on the outside often evaluate coaches for exactly that: how well they coached. And Flores coached well. Flores won games."

2 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I think any coach will rub some players the wrong way, that's just human nature. He also wanted to draft Herbert over Tua, ownership overruled him which eventually led to his firing.

"The Dolphins got the quarterback position wrong, and while there are a lot of different ways to get that wrong, disagreement between the people drafting the quarterback is a terrible place to start. Reports have it that Flores preferred Herbert over Tua, while Ross had no interest in Herbert. A fracture between head coach and owner, with the general manager (understandably) siding with his boss come draft day, makes the following trainwreck in Miami more easy to parse."

"He lost it (his job) because of the relationships he struggled to make and maintain. That message has been delivered, loud and clear. NFL Network’s Steve Wyche said that “coaches don’t often get fired for coaching reasons.” ESPN’s Jeff Darlington said Flores’s “relationship with [Dolphins GM Chris] Grier and Tua [Tagovailoa] had deteriorated to a pretty bad place.” And Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said “an organization can only function if it’s collaborative and works well together.” If anyone would know why Flores got fired, it’s that guy. He did it.That Flores’s coaching approach rubbed some people the wrong way is unsurprising. Flores is an intense dude. He came up in the coaching ranks under the most intense of dudes: Bill Belichick. He once tried to fight the entire Cincinnati Bengals bench. But even though coaches may not get fired for coaching reasons, we on the outside often evaluate coaches for exactly that: how well they coached. And Flores coached well. Flores won games."

The bottom part of this article is where I have some concerns...being a head coach is ironically much more than coaching...you have to be able to create and maintain relationships...now with an owner like the McCaskey's who don't get involved that would be much easier...but he has to learn that the GM, his coaches & players all have to have a relationship with him where they trust and respect him...can he learn that going straight from one HC job to another? Who knows...

If he can however then he would be an excellent choice as it is clear he can produce winning team with less talent than we have.

Robert Schmitz

@robertkschmitz

16m

For all of Brian Daboll’s faults (Goal Line calls, cheeky 4th downs), his offense and Justin Fields are a match made in football heaven. Daboll basically runs a PA-heavy vertical spread offense, and Justin Fields was born to throw deep. Add in the QB run element… 

The #Vikings have begun putting in interview requests for GM candidates, including #Patriots player personnel consultant Eliot Wolf and #Browns executives Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and Glenn Cook, per sources.

More crossover from the Vikes...as long as they stay away from the very top guys then not a massive concern.

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Robert Schmitz

@robertkschmitz

16m

For all of Brian Daboll’s faults (Goal Line calls, cheeky 4th downs), his offense and Justin Fields are a match made in football heaven. Daboll basically runs a PA-heavy vertical spread offense, and Justin Fields was born to throw deep. Add in the QB run element… 

I get the attraction but this part sounds familiar: "For all of Brian Daboll’s faults (Goal Line calls, cheeky 4th downs)"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I get the attraction but this part sounds familiar: "For all of Brian Daboll’s faults (Goal Line calls, cheeky 4th downs)"

You can be "cheeky" when you have the 3rd highest scoring offence in the NFL...that's 1st world problems...different is Nagy had the 27th best offence which was a full 10 points per game worse off.

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

You can be "cheeky" when you have the 3rd highest scoring offence in the NFL...that's 1st world problems...different is Nagy had the 27th best offence which was a full 10 points per game worse off.

I don't disagree but it would still be a problem if he thinks he can run that offense with the 27th best offense...Nagy thought he could run the Chiefs offense here, personnel didn't allow for it. 

Just now, dafreak said:

I don't disagree but it would still be a problem if he thinks he can run that offense with the 27th best offense...Nagy thought he could run the Chiefs offense here, personnel didn't allow for it. 

I think Nagy thought he could create a carbon copy of the Chiefs offence...I don't believe Daboll is that dumb or so strongly linked to a scheme...I think he can create for the talent he has...much like he has in Buffalo