49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

Just now, Forge said:

I read this article and just hot damn man lol

You almost feel bad for Wentz at this point. 

Why? He's doing this to himself and his teams. Both teams have been frustrated with his lack of leadership skills and just how he carries himself.

Funny thing is when I went to the Colts game, it was night and day the physical talent advantage Wentz had and the types of throws he could make opposed to Jimmy....Wentz definitely looked the part of a first rounder but damn does he fall apart quite a bit and lose the team. Good luck Washington! 

Not sure if you folks already talked about Marcus Williams. He'll be a FA. Probably would command one of the highest deals for a safety this offseason. But he's young as he'll be 26 at the start of the new year. Tartt is going to be FA. Assuming the 49ers get off the financial vice grip to a degree after jettisoning Jimbo, what say thee about Williams? I feel like the team has higher priorities, but I'd be excited to have him back there in coverage. Seems like most of the NFL just doesn't hand out mega deals for safeties as much as they used to though. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Idk this seems to me no ones actually calling. Lol

I'm sure teams have called but this definitely is a leak from the Niners trying to make it seem like there is a lot of interest in Jimmy. 

Just get rid of him ASAP one way or another please!

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm sure teams have called but this definitely is a leak from the Niners trying to make it seem like there is a lot of interest in Jimmy. 

Just get rid of him ASAP one way or another please!

They're trying to use the colts to create interest but the more these types of reports come out the less confident I get. I'm still not expecting much. 49ers better accept a deal before all interest dies out. 

36 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Not sure if you folks already talked about Marcus Williams. He'll be a FA. Probably would command one of the highest deals for a safety this offseason. But he's young as he'll be 26 at the start of the new year. Tartt is going to be FA. Assuming the 49ers get off the financial vice grip to a degree after jettisoning Jimbo, what say thee about Williams? I feel like the team has higher priorities, but I'd be excited to have him back there in coverage. Seems like most of the NFL just doesn't hand out mega deals for safeties as much as they used to though. 

I'd love to get Williams I just figured we weren't going to go big game hunting. I'd consider him one if the safest and best targets to go get though

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ian has been pretty solid with regards to reporting in our building under shanny and Lynch

Forge what is your timeline for when Jimmy gets moved? For me, if he's not moved by Sunday I'm jumping back on that he going to get cut. I don't think something happens next few days due to medical due diligence my guess is Saturday or Sunday will be the day it's announced. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Forge what is your timeline for when Jimmy gets moved? For me, if he's not moved by Sunday I'm jumping back on that he going to get cut. I don't think something happens next few days due to medical due diligence my guess is Saturday or Sunday will be the day it's announced. 

I always thought it would get hashed out at the combine, but obviously I didn't expect that surgery grenade to come out 

Now there's very little time before tampering period so it's all whatever. Going to assume next 48 hours

• Like 1