49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

I'm already ready to move on from 2021.

49ers offseason to open cap space:

Trade Jimmy G:Clear 25.55 Million

Extend:Jimmie Ward current cap hit 12.93 million. Extensions should lower cap hit to 6.6 million for 2022. 

Cut Dee Ford: cut with Post June 1st should save us 7 million for 2022 with dead cap of 4.9 million. 

--------------------------------------------

49ers need to figure out right guard. They should have no expectations with Aaron Banks. Go sign a start-able guard. 

Tomilson is a must re-sign priority #1.

My biggest concern is right tackle because there's a chance Mcglinchy isn't ready by week 1. I dont want to have Compton starting with Lance. 

Key I dont think we can afford to re-sign. DJ Jones I think is the one they pick if his number isn't crazy. 

Id let Tartt test free agency again. See what he's offered. 

Depth at the corner is a must I dont think Ambry should be handed the job he needs to earn it. Verrett is fine to re-sign but should not be expecting anything from him. 

Discuss.

38 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Realistically I think we get two seconds for Jimmy. I just dont see how a team straight-up trades a first for him and then has to extend him. Also, I would bet the 49ers want to move Jimmy asap. I dont expect them to be patient for a first. 

I can't even think about the trade value right now. Too raw from watching him in these playoffs lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm already ready to move on from 2021.

49ers offseason to open cap space:

Trade Jimmy G:Clear 25.55 Million

Extend:Jimmie Ward current cap hit 12.93 million. Extensions should lower cap hit to 6.6 million for 2022. 

Cut Dee Ford: cut with Post June 1st should save us 7 million for 2022 with dead cap of 4.9 million. 

--------------------------------------------

49ers need to figure out right guard. They should have no expectations with Aaron Banks. Go sign a start-able guard. 

Tomilson is a must re-sign priority #1.

My biggest concern is right tackle because there's a chance Mcglinchy isn't ready by week 1. I dont want to have Compton starting with Lance. 

Key I dont think we can afford to re-sign. DJ Jones I think is the one they pick if his number isn't crazy. 

Id let Tartt test free agency again. See what he's offered. 

Depth at the corner is a must I dont think Ambry should be handed the job he needs to earn it. Verrett is fine to re-sign but should not be expecting anything from him. 

Discuss.

I personally don’t want to resign Verrett, I know he’s good when healthy but it’s too much of a gamble. Need someone else, possibly Gilmore if they don’t resign him or some consistent vet. I feel like we will still draft one either with our 2nd or 3rd. Haven’t looked at prospects so I have no idea what will be around our pick. 

Agree with Tomlinson. Definitely bring in another guard as well. Need more running backs, I would like to resign Mostert, but he makes me nervous like Verrett. 

Would like to keep DJ Jones over Key as well. Unless they think Kinlaw will take either one of the positions? 

I still think u have to try and bring Tartt back. 

I would like to get another pass rusher if possible. I don’t know if anyone will be in FA or if we will have to draft one. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I personally don’t want to resign Verrett, I know he’s good when healthy but it’s too much of a gamble. Need someone else, possibly Gilmore if they don’t resign him or some consistent vet. I feel like we will still draft one either with our 2nd or 3rd. Haven’t looked at prospects so I have no idea what will be around our pick. 

Agree with Tomlinson. Definitely bring in another guard as well. Need more running backs, I would like to resign Mostert, but he makes me nervous like Verrett. 

Would like to keep DJ Jones over Key as well. Unless they think Kinlaw will take either one of the positions? 

I still think u have to try and bring Tartt back. 

I would like to get another pass rusher if possible. I don’t know if anyone will be in FA or if we will have to draft one. 

I'm fine either way about Verrett. We need depth regardless, if we can get Gilmore that would be great. I expect them to not draft a corner early. I think mid-round makes sense. I dont expect any corner we draft to have an impact off the bat. K'Waun Williams let walk. Nickel really will be the spot to focus who ends up taking the starting job.

I'm good to move on from Mostert, but injury seems to just be apart of the backs Kyle gets with what he wants to do with them. Anybody see any FA's who fit? 

Edited by 49erurtaza

9 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Realistically I think we get two seconds for Jimmy. I just dont see how a team straight-up trades a first for him and then has to extend him. Also, I would bet the 49ers want to move Jimmy asap. I dont expect them to be patient for a first. 

I maintain that two thirds is the price that makes more sense to me. We know what Jimmy is. Other teams know what Jimmy is. He's the starter you get while looking for someone else, at this point in his career. He'll get something like a three year contract, midway between top back-up and average starter money, and that's simply not the kind of guy you give two second rounders for. 

• Like 3

-Trade Jimmy for a day 2 pick, preferably two day 2 picks.

-Sign Stephen Gilmore to a two-three year deal, similar to the one Sherman got here in 2018

-Re-sign Tartt/Jones/Willis

-Extend Ward and possibly Armstead?

-Bring back Mostert and possibly Verrett (don't rely on him being there for the entire season) on team friendly deals

-Draft an edge rusher in the 2nd round or a CB if we can't sign someone like Gilmore

Then hope Lance continues to get better so we can make another SB run. 

• Like 4

To be honest, a small part of me is more annoyed at the fact that Jimmy's trade value took a big hit from that 4th quarter and final interception than it would have it he had made it to a second Super Bowl and possibly even won this time. Lynch might have been able to squeeze a first out of someone if he had gone out with a ring that wasn't won by Brady.

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

-Trade Jimmy for a day 2 pick, preferably two day 2 picks.

-Sign Stephen Gilmore to a two-three year deal, similar to the one Sherman got here in 2018

-Re-sign Tartt/Jones/Willis

-Extend Ward and possibly Armstead?

-Bring back Mostert and possibly Verrett (don't rely on him being there for the entire season) on team friendly deals

-Draft an edge rusher in the 2nd round or a CB if we can't sign someone like Gilmore

Then hope Lance continues to get better so we can make another SB run. 

Thats exactly what I want.. we have to make upgrades in the secondary, it took legendary performances from the DL to get this far. CB and IOL should be the #1 priority.. low key hoping Mack just retires

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonnguy2015 said:

To be honest, a small part of me is more annoyed at the fact that Jimmy's trade value took a big hit from that 4th quarter and final interception than it would have if he had made it to a second Super Bowl and possibly even won this time. Lynch might have been able to squeeze a first out of someone if he had gone out with a ring that wasn't won by Brady.

I dont think it matters, to be honest. I think Jimmy's value is pretty much locked down. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Thats exactly what I want.. we have to make upgrades in the secondary, it took legendary performances from the DL to get this far. CB and IOL should be the #1 priority.. low key hoping Mack just retires

I hope Mack plays one more year. I don’t think there’s anyone who can replace him unless we use our 2nd round on C which is still a possibility but I would prefer he plays one more year. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I hope Mack plays one more year. I don’t think there’s anyone who can replace him unless we use our 2nd round on C which is still a possibility but I would prefer he plays one more year. 

If he did retire I dont think Kyle would trust a rookie center to start. But we should draft a center early on in the draft. Let them learn from Mack set them up for 2023.