49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

In Maiocco's latest podcast around the 41 minute mark, talks about how we can use Jimmy G's savings can be used to pay Samuel, Tomlinson, DJ Jones, Verrett, Mostert

Noticed he didn't say Bosa. Also noticed Rappaport's report a week or two ago about Samuel being our top offseason priority....also didn't mention Bosa

Hope we don't overthink this one and pull another Buckner. Bosa is a top 3 pass rusher. His contract should be top priority #1 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

In Maiocco's latest podcast around the 41 minute mark, talks about how we can use Jimmy G's savings can be used to pay Samuel, Tomlinson, DJ Jones, Verrett, Mostert

Noticed he didn't say Bosa. Also noticed Rappaport's report a week or two ago about Samuel being our top offseason priority....also didn't mention Bosa

Hope we don't overthink this one and pull another Buckner. Bosa is a top 3 pass rusher. His contract should be top priority #1 

This depends on what Bosa wants to do as well. Bosa knows he's going to get paid. The question is when he wants to do so. He's going to get top of the market value regardless of when he signs that deal...he's already shown that is the caliber of player he is year in and year out. Waiting another year may allow him to get an even bigger contract. Cap explodes, he's still 2 years from free agency, etc. He's an injury risk, so I would understand if he wanted to lock it up now, but there's no guarantee that he wants a new deal now. 

Deebo just greatly outperformed his career arc this season and there's a much greater chance of statistical regression. For him it makes sense to get that deal done now because his monetary value may never be as great as it is right at this moment. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm glad Ben thinks so too. I had heard a couple of weird takes out there that he could just get released to give him a shot wherever he wants instead of forcing him to a team or because he had no value. 

Yeah, while it's easy to think he has no value because of the recent playoff performances, there is gonna be a team that really needs a QB and you can't deny the win percentage lol. 

If Wilson stays, Watson doesn't get cleared and this rookie QB class is as bad as everyone says it is, Jimmy could legitimately be the 2nd best QB available in the offseason

I'd be happy to recoup our original pick investment of a 2nd rounder. Anything else is gravy 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

If Wilson stays, Watson doesn't get cleared and this rookie QB class is as bad as everyone says it is, Jimmy could legitimately be the 2nd best QB available in the offseason

I'd be happy to recoup our original pick investment of a 2nd rounder. Anything else is gravy 

There are some a lot of guys that could be available that I would take over Jimmy, but I don't think hardly any of them actually get moved. It'll be interesting though. Like, I could see Kirk get moved...I just don't think it happens (unless he goes to Denver). I could see Matt Ryan get moved, but I don't think he's going anywhere.  I could see Wilson or Rodgers or Watson get trades....or I could see none of them get moved lol. I could see Jared Goff get traded, but don't think that he will. 

I think that you can make the case that a team would rather have Winston than Jimmy (Winston is just a free agent so he doesn't require an asset, and truthfully will probably cost less). Same for Teddy Bridgewater. They are may not be better quarterbacks, but their value may be better. 

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm a man with a hope and a dream!

My dream is still a 2nd plus a next year 3rd that turns into a 2nd if Jimmy doesn’t spontaneously combust during the season. Would get us a giant chunk of the Lance trade value back given that those picks will be in the middle of rounds and our 1sts will be at the end. (Gotta 9er hard on the second one, but the roster will be quite good still)

• Like 1