49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

do they keep Godwin hes a FA?

I'm sure they will try, but even with the ACL he's going to have a lot of action on the market, I would imagine. 

There are quite a few teams that really need a receiver. A team like the Browns may sign 2 lol. The Jags desperately need at least 2. 

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

i think Priority #1 needs to be the offensive line. 

LG: Laken FA

Center: Mack might retire

RG: Brunskill not good and FA, Banks Question Mark.

RT: Compton is good at run blocking but really bad in pass protection and a FA, McGlinchey might not be ready for week 1.

like we have said Laken needs to be priority #1.

Also how much did Jimmy hide this offensive line with his quick release?

Lance should be an improvement with escaping but early in the season might be an issue for him until he's comfortable. 

No way. We need a full PURGE of this OL. As bizarre as Jimmy was, the OL pass pro was worse. 

If we really want Lance to succeed, we can't keep giving the QB a garbage pass pro line. While 75 was one of the "better" OL, that doesn't say much at all, and Laken's decline was very notable. Cheap  keep or..

FLUSH EM !!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

i think Priority #1 needs to be the offensive line. 

LG: Laken FA

Center: Mack might retire

RG: Brunskill not good and FA, Banks Question Mark.

RT: Compton is good at run blocking but really bad in pass protection and a FA, McGlinchey might not be ready for week 1.

like we have said Laken needs to be priority #1.

Also how much did Jimmy hide this offensive line with his quick release?

Lance should be an improvement with escaping but early in the season might be an issue for him until he's comfortable. 

But we at least have to keep Brunskill because he’s able to slow/contain Donald twice a year. 

Agreed Laken needs to come back. Trent has already vouched for him, so we’ll see. 

20 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

What's the word on Jason Verrett?

Is he under contract next year and will he be ready to play?

He's a free agent. 

I do expect him back though. The staff and team loves him and there's no harm in bringing him back if you're not counting on him to be a starter. It's an upside play. Give him the vet min with incentives. 

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm actually really curious about how Tampa goes now. 

Gronk, Godwin, Ryan Jensen, JPP (we should take a stab if you can get him to take the Justin Houston 1 year, 2m dollar deal), Carlton Davis (we should take a stab), Leonard Fournette, OJ Howard, Ronald Jones and Suh are all free agents. They have to solve QB. They have little money. 

We really think Arians is going through a rebuild at 70 years old too? 

They have a very talented roster so I don't think they go for a rebuild but Godwin is a free agent so what do they do there? 

Gronk is almost certainly gone. 

Guessing they sign or tag Davis.

As for what they do at QB? They did draft Kyle Trask so if Arians is comfortable with him being the guy next year, they may do that while bringing in some veteran competition. 

That division is so freaking bad right now lol. If Watson gets traded to Carolina.............

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

What's the word on Jason Verrett?

Is he under contract next year and will he be ready to play?

I think he was signed only for a year. He’s part of the 30ish FA we have. IF we bring him back, do the same thing as last off season, incentive based and still get someone else who can start or be a vet to the young guys. 

I would imagine our starters next year will still be Mosley/Thomas unless we go out and get a Gilmore or Jackson (if possible) 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

But we at least have to keep Brunskill because he’s able to slow/contain Donald twice a year. 

Agreed Laken needs to come back. Trent has already vouched for him, so we’ll see. 

I feel like Tomlinson will be back. He's a very competent guard and I don't think he'll break the bank. I think he'd get a minor uptick in salary. 

Brunskill is a lock to be back. He's an RFA and if Mack retires, he has to be the favorite to be the starting center next year. No way in hell Shanny starts a rookie center given how much he puts on that position if he can help it. 

Compton will be back as a tackle / guard fill in. If Mack retires, Brunskill gets pushed to center, Compton becomes a back up tackle who may ultimately end up the new RG if Banks continues to blow. 

Just now, Forge said:

I feel like Tomlinson will be back. He's a very competent guard and I don't think he'll break the bank. I think he'd get a minor uptick in salary. 

Brunskill is a lock to be back. He's an RFA and if Mack retires, he has to be the favorite to be the starting center next year. No way in hell Shanny starts a rookie center given how much he puts on that position if he can help it. 

Compton will be back as a tackle / guard fill in. If Mack retires, Brunskill gets pushed to center, Compton becomes a back up tackle who may ultimately end up the new RG if Banks continues to blow. 

How was Brunskill at Center though? If I remember correctly 2 years ago he was playing center and everyone was asking for a change? Granted I agree, Kyle isn’t playing a rookie at center but this year I would imagine we have to get someone. 

22 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

No way. We need a full PURGE of this OL. As bizarre as Jimmy was, the OL pass pro was worse. 

If we really want Lance to succeed, we can't keep giving the QB a garbage pass pro line. While 75 was one of the "better" OL, that doesn't say much at all, and Laken's decline was very notable. Cheap  keep or..

FLUSH EM !!!!

Oh I agree 100 percent. I do not want us to keep Compton. Id rather invest in a decent swing tackle. Really there's a chance McGlinchey never plays again. Regardless if Mack retires we should draft a center early on even if he doesn't start this season which a rookie center won't with Kyle. I don't think the 49ers should count on Banks I hope they sign a startable player to compete. Also Moore might be a option for RG. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

8 minutes ago, StevenK said:

How was Brunskill at Center though? If I remember correctly 2 years ago he was playing center and everyone was asking for a change? Granted I agree, Kyle isn’t playing a rookie at center but this year I would imagine we have to get someone. 

Brunskill isn't very good at any position. But he provides a baseline of competence for the organization. 

He knows the line calls and protections, probably better suited at center than guard if only because it doesn't require the strength. 

• Like 1