49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

52 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I REALLY hope this is just to boost his trade value (if even possible now). We can’t keep both! I personally think our team would have been in the Championship regardless of who played qb since it was our Def and Special teams (ironically) that got us there besides Deebo of course on offense. 

I think we lose the Week 18 Rams game with Lance

2 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

I agree to some regard, but I also don’t think we would have been in the same situation as wk 18 presented itself, meaning must win. 

We will never know of course, either way. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy said he just wants to go to a place that wants to win. I think the FO will do him a solid and may even take a little less in trade compensation to put him in a good spot. 

In all honestly, it could also help trade compensation because a team that can win now may be willing to go after it harder. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

I think so. If we had trent for that game, maybe not...but when it was known that Trent was out, made all the sense in the world that Jimmy was starting that game because he was far more equipped to deal with it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think so. If we had trent for that game, maybe not...but when it was known that Trent was out, made all the sense in the world that Jimmy was starting that game because he was far more equipped to deal with it 

But if Lance got to play the entire season? Who knows if we lose that game...But with Trey only having two games against a defense that shows so many different looks? It would have been tough for sure. Rams are one team that Jimmy usually always plays well against. Even on Sunday he was really good until the end. 

• Like 2

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Fit is terrible.

Washington, Denver, Pittsburgh or possibly NO. 

I would imagine he would be perfect for Washington. I like NO for him too, but like someone mentioned they wouldn’t be able to afford him, they are already over cap. Pitt scares me, they have no O-line and would imagine they need a big arm qb. I still think DEN is all in on trying to get Rodgers. 

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

What about Cleveland? Just in case they wanna move on from Baker.

The problem is, I don't know you're doing that if you're Cleveland. I think you're just shuffling chairs on the Titanic. Baker is cheaper, and his money is fully guaranteed so you can only get around it by trading him. He was pretty okay in 2020 and he played all of last year hurt starting in week 2. Jimmy is just not good enough to warrant making that chain of moves that would be required in that instance. 

• Like 1