49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

58 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think we go after him. Kyle had a relationship with Reed, so I can understand why we targeted him, but Engram can't stay healthy (which should be more and more important for this regime) and he doesn't block. OJ Howard has trouble staying healthy, but he can block at least. Not sure he's that far off as a receiver either.

There are a lot of Tight Ends available this year. Someone earlier mentioned Lee Smith and Mo-Alie Cox and I think the latter is definitely an interesting play. The guy I'd probably look at is O'shaughnessy

Mo-Alie Cox and Lee Smith are two guys I'm definitely keeping my eye on. Both are quality blockers and good enough in the passing game as well. I wouldn't be shocked if we kicked the tires on MyCole Pruitt as well. He fits our offense pretty well. Maxx Williams would be a great fit as well, but would probably be too pricey.  

Also, according to PFF, Charlie Woerner is 6th in run blocking and 9th in pass blocking among TE's with at least 200 blocking snaps. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Will that be his third interview? I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that he spent all of yesterday with Dolphins brass as well. 

Correct third interview. He had his second yesterday.  Apparently he spoke about how he would utilize Tua with Miami brass. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean Aiyuk said yesterday that he has the same trainer as Lance and they will be working in LA just like last year.

I doubt it is with Palmer/Allen. Middlekauff is reaching here. 

Plus I think Palmer is usually training the draftees coming in, but who knows. Just happy that Lance will be training with Aiyuk like you mentioned 

7 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Kind of weird for him to not just outright say no to the rumors. This feels like someone saying "I'm good for now, but I might jump ship at some point soon." 

It would suck for him to go back to TV and also have lost Peters. Need to keep Peters happy and paid.

Yea I mean if he has any desire to not want to do the GM thing for the long haul, Peters absolutely needs to know and have first refusal.

57 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Kind of weird for him to not just outright say no to the rumors. This feels like someone saying "I'm good for now, but I might jump ship at some point soon." 

It would suck for him to go back to TV and also have lost Peters. Need to keep Peters happy and paid.

Maybe the plan is for Peters to succeed him when he decides to go back to TV?