49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Fit is terrible.

Washington, Denver, Pittsburgh or possibly NO. 

The way I look at Jimmy G and his next team is he can go to a decent team and make them good, but he can't go to bad team and make them good. Like, him going to the Texans and asked to lead them to the playoffs would not work out. 

Washington is a QB away from contending for a WC spot, assuming they fix their defense. But offensively, they just need a competent QB. Jimmy can absolutely be that. Pittsburgh, too. I don't see NO as a possibility due to their cap, Hill's contract, and Jimmy's contract. 

I'd trade Jimmy to Washington or Pitt right now for a 2nd and a 4th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

The way I look at Jimmy G and his next team is he can go to a decent team and make them good, but he can't go to bad team and make them good. Like, him going to the Texans and asked to lead them to the playoffs would not work out. 

Washington is a QB away from contending for a WC spot, assuming they fix their defense. But offensively, they just need a competent QB. Jimmy can absolutely be that. Pittsburgh, too. I don't see NO as a possibility due to their cap, Hill's contract, and Jimmy's contract. 

I'd trade Jimmy to Washington or Pitt right now for a 2nd and a 4th.

I think the 49ers might have to take a fourth- or fifth-rounder this year plus a conditional 2023 fourth-rounder that could turn into a second- or third-rounder depending on how much and how well Garoppolo plays in 2022. Or something like that. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe there’s a 2022 second-rounder sitting there for them if they just negotiate hard enough. But I doubt it.

Kawakami's take on a trade.

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think the 49ers might have to take a fourth- or fifth-rounder this year plus a conditional 2023 fourth-rounder that could turn into a second- or third-rounder depending on how much and how well Garoppolo plays in 2022. Or something like that. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe there’s a 2022 second-rounder sitting there for them if they just negotiate hard enough. But I doubt it.

Perfect! Especially since we hit on our fifth round picks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

That's straight up some Joe Flacco esque trade value right there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's straight up some Joe Flacco esque trade value right there.

I don't know, Allbright is pretty confident we can get a 2nd rounder and then some for Jimmy. I just think though if a team knows Jimmy is not playing for us next season, why would they give up a good draft pick for him? Especially if the team only wants to send him to a team he wants to go to? That's the tricky part here. Kyle/Lynch wanted to leave some suspense but Jimmy flat out and gave the peace sign to Niner nation on his way out lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know, Allbright is pretty confident we can get a 2nd rounder and then some for Jimmy. I just think though if a team knows Jimmy is not playing for us next season, why would they give up a good draft pick for him? Especially if the team only wants to send him to a team he wants to go to? That's the tricky part here. Kyle/Lynch wanted to leave some suspense but Jimmy flat out and gave the peace sign to Niner nation on his way out lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is set up more the way Kawakami has it with the second rounder being the following year and conditional. Makes sense given the injury history.  But truthfully, I would have thought the same thing about the Darnold trade. Instead Carolina just gave them a a straight up second round pick LOL 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There will be multiple teams bidding for him though.. it helps that this QB class apparently sucks, too 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it is set up more the way Kawakami has it with the second rounder being the following year and conditional. Makes sense given the injury history.  But truthfully, I would have thought the same thing about the Darnold trade. Instead Carolina just gave them a a straight up second round pick LOL 

Yeah, I didn't get that at all...I had to try to convince you to not even think about wanting Darnold as our starter next season LOL.

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

There will be multiple teams bidding for him though.. it helps that this QB class apparently sucks, too 

But if the Niners are only going to trade Jimmy where he wants to go, is that really true? I'm guessing him and his agent already have a team they are eying. Will be interesting to see what happens, sure hope we can get a 2nd rounder for him.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

To be fair Kawakami doesn't know anything he's making this all up. Now do we get crazy value for Jimmy, No. But this is super low value. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Darnold sucked in NY and still cost a second.

Jimmy's performed at a much higher level imo.

2nd and 4th or 5th is a fair price imo.

• Like 2