49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

lol we all know Peter is close to Lynch and somewhat to Kyle.

Go ahead and drive up that value for us.

I believe this was also from before Kyle spoke yesterday. 

The thing that kills me is the idea that Lance apparently didn't impress anyone but Mahomes was somehow known to be ready to go. That is 100% not how I remember that at all.

The difference between the situations (at least to me) is that Smith's post seasons with the chiefs always kind of ended in disappointment...they lost that game in 2017 against Tennessee that they should have won and that was kind of the feeling. The idea of moving on was more palatable because the season was seen as a disappointment.. Alex was better in 2017 than Jimmy was this year. Alex was better in that playoff game than Jimmy has maybe ever been in a playoff game. But the end result was still a loss and the end result was still a disappointment. They were, heavy, heavy favorites in that game. 

The year before that they were one and done at home. They also lost that very notable Colts game. 

So that's the difference...Jimmy's teams happened to win playoff games and exceed expectations (maybe in spite of his play if we are being honest) so there was a pretty good feeling about the season afterward and the Chiefs suffered underwhelming performances in the playoffs and got bounced and were generally seen as disappointments. 

So by the end of it, after another disappointing season, people were just ready to turn the page from the Smith era Chiefs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

The thing that kills me is the idea that Lance apparently didn't impress anyone but Mahomes was somehow known to be ready to go. That is 100% not how I remember that at all.

The difference between the situations (at least to me) is that Smith's post seasons with the chiefs always kind of ended in disappointment...they lost that game in 2017 against Tennessee that they should have won and that was kind of the feeling. The idea of moving on was more palatable because the season was seen as a disappointment.. Alex was better in 2017 than Jimmy was this year. Alex was better in that playoff game than Jimmy has maybe ever been in a playoff game. But the end result was still a loss and the end result was still a disappointment. They were, heavy, heavy favorites in that game. 

The year before that they were one and done at home. They also lost that very notable Colts game. 

So that's the difference...Jimmy's teams happened to win playoff games and exceed expectations (maybe in spite of his play if we are being honest) so there was a pretty good feeling about the season afterward and the Chiefs suffered underwhelming performances in the playoffs and got bounced and were generally seen as disappointments. 

So by the end of it, after another disappointing season, people were just ready to turn the page from the Smith era Chiefs. 

This thing about Mahomes being so impressive in practice his rookie season is BAT SH^T crazy considering he was getting KILLED for the amount of INTs he was throwing in training camp the following offseason lol. My goodness, these guys are just talking out of their a$$ now. I don't think this is just from Lynch trying to drive up Jimmy's trade value but Peter legitimately does like and respect him. He used to come out for the 49ers state of franchise so I'm sure he's pretty cool with a few of the players, including Jimmy. 

Also, I remember listening to Tyreek Hill on I Am Athlete and said that he had doubts of Mahomes in his rookie season and thought he sucked LOL. But let Peter tell you and everyone was glowing about Mahomes in practice!!!!

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/08/01/concerning-patrick-mahomes-interceptions-training-camp/

https://clutchpoints.com/chiefs-news-patrick-mahomes-is-having-a-rough-training-camp-throws-7-ints-in-6-practices/

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article215931015.html

“I thought he was trash,” Hill said, “I ain’t gonna cap. I ain’t gonna cap. I ain’t even gonna cap, man. When he first got there I was like, this is who y’all drafted right here? This is who y’all drafted? Hey but look, he proved me into a whole complete, I don’t know. That second year, like his quarterback mechanics were different. It was like he was spending more time with his quarterback coach, spending more time with Coach Reid, like learning the offense. Dude was like different.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tyreek-hill-first-impression-patrick-130001103.html

Nah, I'm sorry, we're not going to let Peter get away this crap LMAO.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 49erscap said:

LMAO, this is the same guy who said Stafford to the 49ers GTD, then he got traded to the Rams the next day, I don't buy anything Sterling Bennett says.

Yeah. Allbright definitely seems to be connected here in Denver too. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Spot on. That's excatly how it went and where the thought process is from the media. Mahomes looked no more ready than Lance if you go back and watch the games he played as a rookie. But I do remember reading that the coaching staff and players starting to see his massive potential by the end of that season and knew it was just a matter of time before he was handed the keys.

Why is the Embree situation a “bad look” to everyone here. Strictly because he’s black or strictly because we asked a coach to take a pay cut? 

I don’t want to get into race stuff AT ALL, but I’d like to know why he really was let go, or forced out, and speculation that it’s just race related cheapens the terms AND hires throughout the league. Hoping we get the real story on why the team didn’t feel his value matched his pay/role. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Spot on. That's excatly how it went and where the thought process is from the media. Mahomes looked no more ready than Lance if you go back and watch the games he played as a rookie. But I do remember reading that the coaching staff and players starting to see his massive potential by the end of that season and knew it was just a matter of time before he was handed the keys.

Have we heard anything like that from the 9ers??

Is he ready to start next year??

If he keeps running into defences like he did in his 2 starts this year he ain't gonna last long anyway.

Edited by DTMW78

The team culture is seriously top notch, love it! You could tell Shanny/FO do good for the players and the players really appreciate it. That's why Jimmy is going where HE wants to go to, regardless if we get a little less compensation. 

5 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

Have we heard anything like that from the 9ers??

Is he ready to start next year??

If he keeps running into defences like he did in his 2 starts this year he ain't gonna last long anyway.

I mean when Kyle was asked about it in his press conferences he said Lance was much better at season's end and he agreed with Warner that he was making some great throws and the defense got a great test in practice every day. 

He's going to start week 1...health permitted. That' just a given. Lance wasn't even overwhelmed in the Cardinals game and made good strides in the Texans game. Everyone talks about Mahomes game his rookie season and he did play well but these were his stats:

22-35 284 yards 0 TDs 1 INT 76.4 QB rating, 7 carries for 10 yards

He did that against the 5-11 Denver Broncos. 

Trey Lance vs the 4-13 Houston Texans

16-23 249 yards 2 TDs 1 INT 116.0 QB rating, 8 carries for 31 yards

What made Mahomes so ready to play after his start his rookie season over what Lance did against the Texans? Then you have Peter talking out of his a$$ and now some Niners fans think the FO/coaching staff think Lance is not ready and not good SMH lol.

• Like 3

I don't expect us to big time players in FA this year, but these are some guys I'd really like us to look at in FA this year:

James Daniels - Has versatility to play guard or center. Could start at RG if Tomlinson and Mack are back or could take either of their spots if we lose either of them. Very solid player who could fit in anywhere on our interior.

David Njoku - Shanny tried to get an athletic pass catcher a couple years ago with Jordan Reed. Would love to bring in Njoku for the role of an athletic pass catching weapon. 

Isaiah Oliver - Really liked him coming out of Colorado. I think he could be a player for us and would benefit from our front. 

DJ Chark - This one is on here just because I love Chark. I really wanted us to draft him. This may be more of a pipe dream as he will probably price himself out, but I wanted to throw it on here anyway. 

Ronnie Harrison - I admit I haven't followed him much since Alabama, but he's was a stud there and we will most likely lose Tartt and Harrison and Hufanga could compete for his spot. If nothing else he could be a very good backup. 

Levi Wallace - Solid CB who I wanted to bring in last year. He's not going to be a superstar, but he's been a solid player in the NFL from what I can recall. Like Oliver would benefit from playing behind our front 7. 

I haven't gone through the entire list of UFAs yet, but these are a few that caught my eye right off. Obviously we wouldn't be able to bring in all these guys and some may be out of our price range, but I'd really like to at least look at some of these guys; especially James Daniels. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I don't expect us to big time players in FA this year, but these are some guys I'd really like us to look at in FA this year:

James Daniels - Has versatility to play guard or center. Could start at RG if Tomlinson and Mack are back or could take either of their spots if we lose either of them. Very solid player who could fit in anywhere on our interior.

David Njoku - Shanny tried to get an athletic pass catcher a couple years ago with Jordan Reed. Would love to bring in Njoku for the role of an athletic pass catching weapon. 

Isaiah Oliver - Really liked him coming out of Colorado. I think he could be a player for us and would benefit from our front. 

DJ Chark - This one is on here just because I love Chark. I really wanted us to draft him. This may be more of a pipe dream as he will probably price himself out, but I wanted to throw it on here anyway. 

Ronnie Harrison - I admit I haven't followed him much since Alabama, but he's was a stud there and we will most likely lose Tartt and Harrison and Hufanga could compete for his spot. If nothing else he could be a very good backup. 

Levi Wallace - Solid CB who I wanted to bring in last year. He's not going to be a superstar, but he's been a solid player in the NFL from what I can recall. Like Oliver would benefit from playing behind our front 7. 

I haven't gone through the entire list of UFAs yet, but these are a few that caught my eye right off. Obviously we wouldn't be able to bring in all these guys and some may be out of our price range, but I'd really like to at least look at some of these guys; especially James Daniels. 

Lorenzo Carter is another interesting name. I really liked him coming out of Georgia. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The team culture is seriously top notch, love it! You could tell Shanny/FO do good for the players and the players really appreciate it. That's why Jimmy is going where HE wants to go to, regardless if we get a little less compensation. 

I mean when Kyle was asked about it in his press conferences he said Lance was much better at season's end and he agreed with Warner that he was making some great throws and the defense got a great test in practice every day. 

He's going to start week 1...health permitted. That' just a given. Lance wasn't even overwhelmed in the Cardinals game and made good strides in the Texans game. Everyone talks about Mahomes game his rookie season and he did play well but these were his stats:

22-35 284 yards 0 TDs 1 INT 76.4 QB rating, 7 carries for 10 yards

He did that against the 5-11 Denver Broncos. 

Trey Lance vs the 4-13 Houston Texans

16-23 249 yards 2 TDs 1 INT 116.0 QB rating, 8 carries for 31 yards

What made Mahomes so ready to play after his start his rookie season over what Lance did against the Texans? Then you have Peter talking out of his a$$ and now some Niners fans think the FO/coaching staff think Lance is not ready and not good SMH lol.

Was just wondering what the noises were surrounding Lance and his readiness to take over the reigns.

I hope he is the guy but you have to admit he puts himself in some sticky spots when he runs with the ball.