49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

So with Dee Ford being back...are we actually going to count on him, or will we burn a higher value asset in the draft or free agency to work along side him? Or just try and scrape the bottom of the barrel and hope it works out again? 

Wait...whaaaa??

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

So with Dee Ford being back...are we actually going to count on him, or will we burn a higher value asset in the draft or free agency to work along side him? Or just try and scrape the bottom of the barrel and hope it works out again? 

I’m personally pretty cool with scraping barrels given that we seem to be better at identifying real ingredients in the slough pile, though a drafted defensive end in the second round that hits gives you massive monetary value because pass rushers are so expensive.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

No matter what we need to add a speed rusher. We have the power guys like Omenihu and Willis as back-ups but need another speed rusher in my eyes. And really with the amount we save on cutting him i am not even sure its worth it at this point. But keeping him doesn't keep me from investing in the position either.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy said he just wants to go to a place that wants to win. I think the FO will do him a solid and may even take a little less in trade compensation to put him in a good spot. 

He deserves it. Hopefully the Steelers are interested. I think he'd look good in the Black and Gold. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The 49ers aren't even in position to make the playoffs with Lance at QB starting this year. 

Not sure I agree with that, but pure conjecture. Based on what the team did, it would have been hard for him to match it though, and unlikely. They made the right call

This is nuts, I have a few people on Twitter arguing that Trent Williams re-signed for Jimmy Garoppolo, when the fact is, he signed because he loves Kyle & playing in his offense.

People acting like we can just afford to offload Jimmy, & trading for Rodgers, and on another forum, someone said we should offer Trey for Aaron, yet, Trey has over $16.5M in prorated bonus left, which, if traded Pre June 1, would count as dead money in 2022, a loss of $8.871M in cap room, and the 49ers nor Rodgers are gonna wait to make the deal official on June 2nd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

His roster bonus is guaranteed for injury. He won't pass the physical.  We are underwater on the deal. Even a 6/1 cut would only save 2.4 million after June. There's just no reason to cut him

It makes sense if we could use that $2.4M to replace him with a better player. If the FO and coaches don't think he can contribute anymore, why not use that $ on resigning Willis or Key?

4 minutes ago, struby3 said:

It makes sense if we could use that $2.4M to replace him with a better player. If the FO and coaches don't think he can contribute anymore, why not use that $ on resigning Willis or Key?

You don't get the money until after June and you're still getting hit with dead money next year

3 hours ago, Justone2 said:

No matter what we need to add a speed rusher. We have the power guys like Omenihu and Willis as back-ups but need another speed rusher in my eyes. And really with the amount we save on cutting him i am not even sure its worth it at this point. But keeping him doesn't keep me from investing in the position either.

I think we let Ford go and put that money to better use, he has had more than enough opportunities, I personally think he should hang em up.

if we can keep Key, Omenhu and Willis, bring in a decent Vet and draft an EDGE in the first couple rounds, we should be fine.

I guess what I’m saying, Ford is gone, time to bring on youth to pair with Bosa

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

To be fair Kawakami doesn't know anything he's making this all up. Now do we get crazy value for Jimmy, No. But this is super low value. 

I think we will all be surprised at the value we will receive ( in a good way).

I just hope it’s for this upcoming draft and not a conditional 2023, we could use some youth to plug some holes and generate a spark on defense for next year