49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Not sure, but I'd wager it's pretty low. 

They are 70 million over the cap and they have Taysom Hill signed. They are underwater on his deal for 2022 unless they can trade him before 3/18...but I doubt that anyone else (especially us) wants to pay Taysom Hill over 10 million dollars next season. 

Yeah, the Saints are way over the cap, like $75M

Look at these cap numbers for them.

Marshon Lattimore - $27,453,388 ($18,454,070 saved with a restructure, lose $12,552,400 if cut June 1, $15.8M saved with post June 1 cut, not that they'll cut him)
Michael Thomas - $24.7M ($9,843,333 saved with a restructure, $2M saved with Pre June 1 cut, $15.8M saved with Post June 1 cut)
Cameron Jordan - $23,181,250 ($8.92M saved with restructure, save $1,737,500 with June 1 cut, not that they're gonna cut him)
Ryan Ramczyk - $23,041,608 ($14,565,286 saved with restructure, lose $14.7M if cut Pre June 1, not that they'll cut him)
Andrus Peat - $15.45M ($6,486,667 saved with restructure, lose $9.2M if cut Pre June 1, $0 savings with a post June 1 cut)
Alvin Kamara - $14.5M ($7,848,750 saved with restructure, lose $6M if cut Pre June 1, not that they're gonna cut him)
David Onyemata - $13.17M ($3,732,500 saved with restructure, $3.83M saved with June 1 cut, doubt they cut him TBH)
Taysom Hill - $12.325M ($7.252M saved with restructure, lose $6.675M if cut Pre June 1, $0 with a post June 1 cut)
Malcolm Jenkins - $11.7M ($3.065M saved with restructure, $3.8M saved if cut Pre June 1, $7.75M saved with post June 1 cut)
Demario Davis - $11M ($4,253,333 saved with restructure, $500K saved with Pre June 1 cut, $7.5M with a Post June 1 cut, but not sure they cut him either)
Bradley Roby - $10,169,475 ($6.6M saved with restructure, $9,491,575 saved with a Pre June 1 cut, $10M saved with a post June 1 cut)

If they redid all of these guys, they'd save $91,288,939, they'd definitely redo Lattimore, Jordan, Ramczyk, Peat, Kamara, & probably Onyemata, & Davis, maybe Hill, doubt anyone trades for him, he was a Sean Payton guy, but the Saints are stuck with him, while I can see them cutting/trading Thomas, & Jenkins, so the savings would go down to $84,180,606, they'd likely trade Thomas after June 1 to gain that extra $13.8M, but they wouldn't get it till June 2nd, same with cutting Jenkins after June 1 to gain an extra $3.95M.

Using the cap calculator on OverTheCap.com, the Saints would have $16,380,871 in 2022 cap room after redoing all 11 players, they'd be $5,692,135 over the 2023 cap(projected by OTC to be $225M), now if they cut/trade Thomas, Jenkins, & Roby pre June 1, the 2022 cap room goes to $11,854,112, but their 2023 cap room goes up to $42,234,006, if they did those 3 with post June 1 trades/cuts, they'd be at $30,112,537 in 2022 cap room, & $23,975,581 in 2023 cap room, but they'd only have 30 players under contract for 2023, meaning with 21 players making the minimum of $750K each, a total of $15.75M, leaving them with $26,484,006 if they redid all 11 players, or $14,362,537 with Thomas/Jenkins/Roby cut Pre June 1, or $8,225,581 with Thomas/Jenkins/Roby cut Post June 1 for 2023.

Anyway, I don't get why they made Lattimore & Ramczyk's 2022 cap numbers so damn high knowing the cap won't be more than $208.2M, and they knew how bad their cap situation is horrible.

Also, dead money besides Drew Brees' $11.5M, Terron Armstead, who did a pseudo extension, the deal voids, leaving $12,981,324 in dead money for 2022, just WOW.

I know they can get under with these simple restructures & trades/cuts, but as usual, they'd be pushing cap room down the road, but they're gonna have to in order to get under the 2022 salary cap, man I hate void years, and mortgaging the future salary cap, which is why I hope we don't restructure more than 1 player this offseason, Armstead being the one I'd do, saving $10.424M.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Such a small trade at the time too. 

Yeah, I remember us thinking Mayhew just didn't want to look bad for drafting a bust...Oops! Lol, he has been very good next to Trent and you kind of have to make it a priority to bring him back. What kind of deal are we expecting here?

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm actually really curious about how Tampa goes now. 

Gronk, Godwin, Ryan Jensen, JPP (we should take a stab if you can get him to take the Justin Houston 1 year, 2m dollar deal), Carlton Davis (we should take a stab), Leonard Fournette, OJ Howard, Ronald Jones and Suh are all free agents. They have to solve QB. They have little money. 

We really think Arians is going through a rebuild at 70 years old too? 

I think Tampa may tag Carlton Davis. As for Godwin, idk if they can afford him, he won't be tagged due to his ACL injury, leaving that franchise tag spot open for Davis.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They have a very talented roster so I don't think they go for a rebuild but Godwin is a free agent so what do they do there? 

Gronk is almost certainly gone. 

Guessing they sign or tag Davis.

As for what they do at QB? They did draft Kyle Trask so if Arians is comfortable with him being the guy next year, they may do that while bringing in some veteran competition. 

That division is so freaking bad right now lol. If Watson gets traded to Carolina.............

Agreed on Gronk, he's gonna probably retire now that Brady has also retired.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Wonder if we go after someone like Engram to fill our Reed type TE? Think he would ask for a lot or we go a different route? 

I don't think we go after him. Kyle had a relationship with Reed, so I can understand why we targeted him, but Engram can't stay healthy (which should be more and more important for this regime) and he doesn't block. OJ Howard has trouble staying healthy, but he can block at least. Not sure he's that far off as a receiver either.

There are a lot of Tight Ends available this year. Someone earlier mentioned Lee Smith and Mo-Alie Cox and I think the latter is definitely an interesting play. The guy I'd probably look at is O'shaughnessy

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Oh I agree 100 percent. I do not want us to keep Compton. Id rather invest in a decent swing tackle. Really there's a chance McGlinchey never plays again. Regardless if Mack retires we should draft a center early on even if he doesn't start this season which a rookie center won't with Kyle. I don't think the 49ers should count on Banks I hope they sign a startable player to compete. Also Moore might be a option for RG. 

idk McGlinchey won't play, I doubt Mack retires, as for Compton, I'm ok with him as backup, as for Swing T, I like Jaylon Moore & Colton McKivitz, both can play T & G, and I do believe Banks will win the RG spot in 2022. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I remember us thinking Mayhew just didn't want to look bad for drafting a bust...Oops! Lol, he has been very good next to Trent and you kind of have to make it a priority to bring him back. What kind of deal are we expecting here?

I'm thinking around 9 per? Maybe 10? LG market is slightly higher, i guess. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think we go after him. Kyle had a relationship with Reed, so I can understand why we targeted him, but Engram can't stay healthy (which should be more and more important for this regime) and he doesn't block. OJ Howard has trouble staying healthy, but he can block at least. Not sure he's that far off as a receiver either.

There are a lot of Tight Ends available this year. Someone earlier mentioned Lee Smith and Mo-Alie Cox and I think the latter is definitely an interesting play. The guy I'd probably look at is O'shaughnessy

I hope we try to upgrade at TE behind Kittle & Woerner, get another good pass catcher, either in FA(cheap deal) or a draft pick.

8 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I think Tampa may tag Carlton Davis. As for Godwin, idk if they can afford him, he won't be tagged due to his ACL injury, leaving that franchise tag spot open for Davis.

If they don't tag Davis, he'd be a tremendous addition. Really hoping that we add one high level corner this year. 

Just now, 49erscap said:

I hope we try to upgrade at TE behind Kittle & Woerner, get another good pass catcher, either in FA(cheap deal) or a draft pick.

I think it depends on what we want from whatever TE we go after. If we want a guy who can block, I think O'shaugnessy is the guy. But there are a *ton* of interesting guys out there. Cox is a very athletic guy who can make a big play here and there. Lots of highly drafted bust out guys too - Howard, Njoku, Engram, etc. If we are going that route, I think I like Cox from a standpoint of impact + contract value. I don't think he'll get the same level of deal. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's kind of rich but probably have to do it. 

Tomlinson/Jones need to be back somehow someway. 

The only way you change it up I think is if you feel like you can bring Compton back and have him play LG. I don't know that you want to take a chance on trying to buy low on someone else's free agent and hoping that they get it back. I could see someone doing that with a guy like Trai Turner, but if it goes bad, we are in a pickle given the other problems on the line. In a vacuum, I'd like to do the buy low option at guard...but I feel like we are already doing that at RG. 

But Ereck Flowers makes 10/yr. Cody Whitehair 10.25. Andrus Peat 11.5. 

• Like 1