Bills promote Ken Dorsey to OC

Trentwannabe

I hope that we get an QB coach that was a former OC and has called plays in the past. Thatll give Dorsey someone to lean back onto. And if Dorsey leaves for whatever reason we have someone ready to take over play calling. Maybe Mike Shula... he is available and has worked with Sean and Dorsey in the past.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I hope that we get an QB coach that was a former OC and has called plays in the past. Thatll give Dorsey someone to lean back onto. And if Dorsey leaves for whatever reason we have someone ready to take over play calling. Maybe Mike Shula... he is available and has worked with Sean and Dorsey in the past.

I’m still holding out hope a guy like Jim Caldwell comes in as QB coach and senior offensive assistant or something like that. 

Shula, Pat Shurmur and Matt Nagy all have ties to McDermott and or Dorsey. Could see any of those guys as QB coach. 

Now that Dorsey is sticking around I do not see why they wouldnt promote Tierney to qb coach. It seems like bobby Johnson was likely on his way out with the olines performance. Mike Munchak would be on the list for oline man. 

I am kind of shocked Dorsey stuck around with the way things were going I thought he was looking to leave with the oline coach. I kind of started looking at all the options out there and while there shouldnt be any disappointment it was interesting to see who they ended up with. Glad things will stay the same for the most part and the bills continue to grow their coaching tree

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Now that Dorsey is sticking around I do not see why they wouldnt promote Tierney to qb coach. It seems like bobby Johnson was likely on his way out with the olines performance. Mike Munchak would be on the list for oline man. 

I am kind of shocked Dorsey stuck around with the way things were going I thought he was looking to leave with the oline coach. I kind of started looking at all the options out there and while there shouldnt be any disappointment it was interesting to see who they ended up with. Glad things will stay the same for the most part and the bills continue to grow their coaching tree

Im not shocked one bit. I think we are at the point were we could call any player or coach and theyd instantly put us at the top of their list on where they want to work.

13 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Im not shocked one bit. I think we are at the point were we could call any player or coach and theyd instantly put us at the top of their list on where they want to work.

From an on field stand point I agree. But for these coaches with families a lot more goes into it. The city, school district, relatives etc. It all plays a part. 

13 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

The fact he was quick to be in discussions with Giants and that the oline coach took the same position with them it wasnt a layup to think that he was ready to stick around. I think Beane was truly looking at other options before deciding whether or not to give dorsey more compensation to stick it out and stay. Yes from a fans perspective it should have been a no brainer but these guys think differently and we dont see the full picture of what is going on in the organization. Whether the rumor is true about Daboll and McDermott or not some coaches would rather move on from their boss if they are not happy. Dorsey stated he had no problem with McD on how he manages things but someone else could see it different, not to mention you grow a bond with someone and that may be something bigger then next man up that you are saying.