Nope (2022) - A Jordan Peele Film

D82

Okay, so I'm going to try REALLY hard to not get my hopes up.

Get Out was one of the most overrated movies of this decade. It was a strong debut, but it was treated like... The best horror movie ever when it was actually just a strong thriller.

Us was one of the biggest piles of convoluted pretension I have ever seen in my entire life. To say I disliked it is an understatement, and it is one of probably 40 movies that I actively hate. I was extremely hyped for that one, thought it was going to be some masterclass in tension and horror when it was pretentious drivel.

This... This looks like some masterclass of horror with some subtle, situational humor that looks like it COULD be a definitive alien HORROR film rather than alien thriller/action.

It's going to be super hard to temper my expectations for this one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Get Out was one of the most overrated movies of this decade. It was a strong debut, but it was treated like... The best horror movie ever when it was actually just a strong thriller.

This is gonna skate on thin ice but I think you and I can keep it within forum rules. I think the biggest reason why Get Out was so celebrated is the barriers it broke with its theme. I agree with you though, much more of a thriller, never understood why it was slid under horror. 

I used to think 'Get out' was overrated, but after watching a 2nd time. I got the hype for it. its a really well done thriller. The US script/story should of stayed on the pile of peeles other ideas, but I did love how he directed it. He took his directing skills up a notch with that. I think Peele is a real talent, but will have some misses with some his original stories not sticking and I'm fine with that.

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Just like M Night Shamamlama

I will watch this but I'll be cautious about getting my hopes up. Us looked great and was utter trash. Get Out was good though

Pretty much my exact sentiment. I don't think I've ever met someone in person who actually likes Us.