Which QB had a stronger arm: Brett Favre, Dan Marino or John Elway?

mdonnelly21

Which QB had a stronger arm: Brett Favre, Dan Marino or John Elway?   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB had a stronger arm: Brett Favre, Dan Marino or John Elway?

• Dan Marino
    • John Elway
    • Brett Favre

I feel like it's Brett Favre for the strongest arm.  If it wasn't the strongest of these three, he at least seemed to show it off the most, he was always rifling that ball around and in cold *** weather too. 

I hadn't heard the "Marino couldn't read defenses" thing, but I had heard that Favre didn't know what a nickel package was.  I would say that Marino had the weakest supporting cast of those three

On 2/15/2022 at 12:59 AM, BayRaider said:

Totally misread the topic title. Strongest arm would be a wash between Favre and Marino, and likely Favre. Elway third. Best QB’s Favre > Elway > Marino. 

Showing your anti broncos bias hardcore here. Funny when plenty of Raiders DBs at the time always would go on and on about how strong Elways arm was like Lester Hayes. 

Marino didn't have a weak arm but it sure as hell wasn't Elways 

Both Elway and Favre had cannons.  

I remember some of Elway’s first few starts in the NFL and he scrambled around (pigeon-toe’d and all) and launched that ball like no one ever before. There was a reason he brought so much buzz to the Broncos. 

But, Favre had more velocity.  He threw the pigskin HARD.  

Marino was super talented, quick release, anticipation, control, touch, vision, vision, vision…but he didn’t have a true cannon.  Above average arm strength? Sure. 

Edited by ///mcompact
  • Like 1