MCU TA - Elite 8 - Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel (3) vs Doctor Stephen Strange (6)

Deadpulse

Elite 8 - Section 2  

28 members have voted

1. 1. 3rd seed vs 6th seed

• Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel (3)
    • Doctor Stephen Strange (6)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/24/2022 at 10:00 PM

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige commented, "With Captain Marvel, she is as powerful a character as we’ve ever put in a movie. Her powers are off the charts, and when she’s introduced, she will be by far the strongest character we’ve ever had."

maybe he somehow gets a draw a few times out of 10. That’s the best I think he could do. He maybe could throw her energy balls back at her, for a time. Problem with that is she just absorbs them, that type of energy. So How is he gonna make her even bleed or bruise, lol??? We’ve never seen CM even sweat. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

2 hours ago, SMashMouthMike said:

He wasn’t? He had possession of them. He was wearing the glove. Was he “using” the 4 stones when when strange had his cape around his gloved hand? Did Carrol require help to subdue his 6 stoned gloved hand with two of hers like Strange and his cape did? Moreover, Did strange even use his hands or require an outside source of power, his cape? Did she not buckle him to one knee then free her off hand to go on offense? Does strange even hurt thanos? Did Thanos not free himself from her power only when he “used” the power stone in his free hand? Did she not survive that? What would Strange’s face look like had he hit him in the face with the power stone? Strange is just inherently less powerful than Carrol. She can inflict and take much more damage. And, no one has proven he can hurt her physically, let alone kill her. There’s no evidence to suggest strange could survive just one of her punches. He gets stabbed in dr strange by a dude who wasn’t as strong as carrol. What’s she gonna do to him with energy blasts, while flying around at supersonic speeds, lol?

No, he wasn't. Hence why he had to take a stone out of the glove to use it...

I voted for Captain Marvel, so you don't have to convince me. I'm just poking some holes in your argument because your facts are wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

No, he wasn't. Hence why he had to take a stone out of the glove to use it...

I voted for Captain Marvel, so you don't have to convince me. I'm just poking some holes in your argument because your facts are wrong.

Ok, he wasn’t using it. Maybe he wasn’t using it because idk, something was singularly stopping him. Wonder what that was. 

u apparently believe some of those facts are correct, or why would u have voted for carrol? Why did u vote the way u did then?

Edited by SMashMouthMike

1 hour ago, SMashMouthMike said:

He wasn’t? He had possession of them. He was wearing the glove. Was he “using” the 4 stones when when strange had his cape around his gloved hand? Did Carrol require help to subdue his 6 stoned gloved hand with two of hers like Strange and his cape did? Moreover, Did strange even use his hands or require an outside source of power, his cape? Did she not buckle him to one knee then free her off hand to go on offense? Does strange even hurt thanos? Did Thanos not free himself from her power only when he “used” the power stone in his free hand? Did she not survive that? What would Strange’s face look like had he hit him in the face with the power stone? Strange is just inherently less powerful than Carrol. She can inflict and take much more damage. And, no one has proven he can hurt her physically, let alone kill her. There’s no evidence to suggest strange could survive just one of her punches. He gets stabbed in dr strange by a dude who wasn’t as strong as carrol. What’s she gonna do to him with energy blasts, while flying around at supersonic speeds, lol?

Yeah as I said, if he can't close his hand he's not using the stones. That's the logic the movie itself puts out.
Strange throws him in the mirror dimension, clenches his fist to use the power and space stone. He blasts people away in wakanda, clenched fist.
Carol dwarfs strange when it comes pure strength, she's one of the strongest characters we've seen...evidenced from her not even flinching from thanos' headbutt.

If Carol gets a punch in, yeah she would probably mess him up significantly. But Strange has a ton of moves that keep her from being able to do that, that's my whole point.

On 2/23/2022 at 1:22 PM, Kiltman said:

Yeah as I said, if he can't close his hand he's not using the stones. That's the logic the movie itself puts out.
Strange throws him in the mirror dimension, clenches his fist to use the power and space stone. He blasts people away in wakanda, clenched fist.
Carol dwarfs strange when it comes pure strength, she's one of the strongest characters we've seen...evidenced from her not even flinching from thanos' headbutt.

If Carol gets a punch in, yeah she would probably mess him up significantly. But Strange has a ton of moves that keep her from being able to do that, that's my whole point.

If carol gets a punch in, it’s over. How is he gonna hurt her? Infinite defense? He’s just flesh. A car accident crippled him. A knife made him dead. Carol is a knife and car accident for him, lol. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

17 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Ok, he wasn’t using it. Maybe he wasn’t using it because idk, something was stopping him. Wonder what that was. 

u apparently believe some of those facts are correct, or why would u have voted for carrol? Why did u vote the way u did then?

Again...not disputing that. I am well aware Captain Marvel was keeping him from using them. My point was that you were saying she overpowered Thanos while he was "fully stoned up", which I inferred as you saying he was using all 6 stones. Your follow-up posts also made it pretty clear you were stating she overpowered Thanos and the stones together. She knew exactly what would happen if he were able to use them, hence why she was so worried about keeping him from closing his fists...so he couldn't use them. He possessed them, but he couldn't use them while she was keeping his hand pried open. Again, that's why he had to take out the power stone to be able to use it. Captain Marvel overpowered Thanos, but not Thanos using the stone like when Strange fought Thanos on Titan.

I voted the way I did because I think she's too strong and fast for Strange. You're simply using incorrect facts to help drive home that point home when you don't need to.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 1:37 PM, seminoles1 said:

Again...not disputing that. I am well aware Captain Marvel was keeping him from using them. My point was that you were saying she overpowered Thanos while he was "fully stoned up", which I inferred as you saying he was using all 6 stones. Your follow-up posts also made it pretty clear you were stating she overpowered Thanos and the stones together. She knew exactly what would happen if he were able to use them, hence why she was so worried about keeping him from closing his fists...so he couldn't use them. He possessed them, but he couldn't use them while she was keeping his hand pried open. Again, that's why he had to take out the power stone to be able to use it. Captain Marvel overpowered Thanos, but not Thanos using the stone like when Strange fought Thanos on Titan.

I voted the way I did because I think she's too strong and fast for Strange. You're simply using incorrect facts to help drive home that point home when you don't need to.

True. But I’d still argue she overpowered him like no one else could. That’s not exactly a wrong take and it happened. How was Thanos going to touch her if he didn’t have his sword? Maybe throw a rock idk. Strange doesn’t possess any tools and can’t counter with any offensive spells fast enough to touch her at a distance. None. That we have seen at any rate. And forget about a close range fight. 

what other “facts” did I get wrong, because u seem to agree with everything else. Styles make fights some say. It’s a nearly impossible matchup for him.

Edited by SMashMouthMike

30 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This... this right here. Say what you will about Strange vs Thanos in IF, he doesn't even draw blood. We've seen that Carol is tougher skinned than Thanos. 

Lol. Yeah, She just has to be tougher skinned than strange in this one, she is. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

45 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This... this right here. Say what you will about Strange vs Thanos in IF, he doesn't even draw blood. We've seen that Carol is tougher skinned than Thanos. 

This is also why I came to the conclusion of CM. I just don't see how Strange beats her. Especially if we are talking death match. Only thing I could see is him using a portal to throw her somewhere remote. Would that count as a win? In terms of actually harming her in anyway... how?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

What moves? Portal throwing? Strangling her with his cape? What moves? How does he end her? Having trouble seeing this. That’s my whole point. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

2 hours ago, SMashMouthMike said:

If carol gets a punch in, it’s over. How is he gonna hurt her? Infinite defense?

Most careful way is mirror dimension to buy time. From there things get more slanted his way. He can take his time then and do those longer spells like summoning things into fight her, multiply himself, etc

Cleanest way is throwing her in the dark dimension, maybe into a black hole, anything like that.

If he can knock her soul out he can just portal cut her in half.

There are a ton of ways he could hurt her and finish her off.

“There are a ton of ways he could hurt her and finish her off.”

Only if he’s fast enough. I still don’t see it. He hasn’t shown this. Hell, Portaling her into a star or an atomic bomb might not work. He didnt portal that big guy or Maw into a fatal dimension. If portalling doesn’t work, he’s toast. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Most careful way is mirror dimension to buy time. From there things get more slanted his way. He can take his time then and do those longer spells like summoning things into fight her, multiply himself, etc

Cleanest way is throwing her in the dark dimension, maybe into a black hole, anything like that.

If he can knock her soul out he can just portal cut her in half.

There are a ton of ways he could hurt her and finish her off.

and he didnt do any of that to Thanos or heck, even Ebony Maw, because?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

and he didnt do any of that to Thanos or heck, even Ebony Maw, because?

Maw was a sorcerer as well, so cancels a lot of that out.

The only fight Strange had against Thanos he had 4 stones, which canceled out a lot of those too.

Had they had him go against non-gauntlet Thanos 1on1 in Endgame he could’ve but they didn’t so the battle would happen. I’m not going to hold that against him, they took him off the board for a reason. He shows up is on portal duty, then shield duty and then stopping the flood.