Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

14 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I'm actually gonna go out and say I buy into this report. Rapaport is usually  reliable source. If Jamies was really hurting and played through it in Buffalo, carolina and New Orleans, then yeah they mismanaged it but I also don't believe it was as serious to the point to shut him down either. 

If anything the organization should be disappointed that Jamies did not notify them of the Uber accusation a year and a half ago. They could have had an action plan in place and he was told about incidents like this after already being involved in one at Florida state where he was heavily scrutinized for. 

That and his on field antics and koetters tough love and brutal honesty coaching style. Winston's immaturity on the field may not bode we'll with koetter and some coaches either in the organization. 

It also doesn't bode well when two years ago Koetter stated he preferred mariota over Winston which made me think "why say this publicly" 

i like Koetters approach in terms of calling players out to hold them accountable. Owners will some times take the sides of players over coaches even when the coaches are right. I would say both have done things negatively that may result in a rocky qb-head coach relationship. 

I would agree if it wasn't for the fact Dirk mis manages the end of game, and there have been countless plays called back for lack of discipline on the o line, is really more of the issue as to why Dirk could be on the way out. Like you said, both Dirk and Winston should share some of the blame for the disappointing offense, but the first head that should roll should be Bajakien. 

14 minutes ago, SappDaddyDance said:

I would agree if it wasn't for the fact Dirk mis manages the end of game, and there have been countless plays called back for lack of discipline on the o line, is really more of the issue as to why Dirk could be on the way out. Like you said, both Dirk and Winston should share some of the blame for the disappointing offense, but the first head that should roll should be Bajakien. 

What I can't continue to understand is Peyton barber has been better than doug martin and Martin has been putrid. Koetter has some sort of loyalty to a bad football player who screwed the team over last year. He has to answer that question of why it took so long to get Barber more touches. 

I keep reading Bill Obrien may exit Houston. If that becomes the case, I'd go after him if you cannot get Patricia. Obrien and Texans General Manager Rick smith never were on the same page. Obrien took the Texans to the playoffs with dog crap at QB. 

If we keep licht I think Obrien would be a good candidate. He's a smart coach and tough. 

5 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I keep reading Bill Obrien may exit Houston. If that becomes the case, I'd go after him if you cannot get Patricia. Obrien and Texans General Manager Rick smith never were on the same page. Obrien took the Texans to the playoffs with dog crap at QB. 

If we keep licht I think Obrien would be a good candidate. He's a smart coach and tough. 

Bruce Arians too.

But this notion that we can't interview/sign one of the Pats' coordinators is silly.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Bruce Arians too.

But this notion that we can't interview/sign one of the Pats' coordinators is silly.

There will be other jobs open. Arians wouldn't be hired as a long term fix and I think he retires with health problems he's been dealing with. I believe he's in his 60s. 

And the reason I say both Patricia and mcdaniels probably won't leave: one of them might have been hand picked to take over Bellichik when he retires. That's been said multiple times. 

Jason licht has a good relationship with Obrien. He's used him as a source a couple times when evaluating players from penn state. 

I also think as fans everyone thinks this team as an attractive designation of a potential 9 head coaching vacancies. These hot coordinators may not see Jameis Winston as a franchise qb. There have been multiple times where players of opposing teams can't wait to play winston Bc he gives opposing defenses opportunities to get their hands on the football week after week. 

There is no way Jason Licht is surviving.  It s great his draft record has been solid, but not spectacular.  However, his record in free agency has been brutal outside of Grimes.  Koetter the head coach has serious deficiencies also.  Finally, the Glazers arent selling the team, so the next regime will understand Winston is the QB.  There are only 32 jobs available, they ll get plenty of candidates for the GM and head coaching jobs.

And you know what both deserved to be let go at this point.  Licht not addressing the dline better.  Koetter s time management is bad and his unwavering support to Mike Smith and certain players on the roster was unacceptable.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

There is no way Jason Licht is surviving.  It s great his draft record has been solid, but not spectacular.  However, his record in free agency has been brutal outside of Grimes.  Koetter the head coach has serious deficiencies also.  Finally, the Glazers arent selling the team, so the next regime will understand Winston is the QB.  There are only 32 jobs available, they ll get plenty of candidates for the GM and head coaching jobs.

And you know what both deserved to be let go at this point.  Licht not addressing the dline better.  Koetter s time management is bad and his unwavering support to Mike Smith and certain players on the roster was unacceptable.

You may not be wrong on that both licht and koetter regime gets let go and they tear the whole thing down and start over. 

However, you listen to how all these defenses salivate to play winston. What if the first few candidates they interview say that they need to make a change Bc you can't win with a QB who turns the ball over? Gruden and mayock said if best. Turnovers gets head coaches fired

48 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It makes no sense to tell the world loudly.  He is making 7+ million from ESPN.  I believe his agent is Bob LaMonte who represents a lot of coaches, he can discreetly get the word out.  Especially considering Gruden would only come back for a few jobs.  Totally disagree with Stroud.  In the Bucs case, the Glazers have worked in secrecy for years, the beats have no clue what is going with ownership who is making the decisions on the head coach more so then a GM.  I dont expect their business model to change now.  

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It makes no sense to tell the world loudly.  He is making 7+ million from ESPN.  I believe his agent is Bob LaMonte who represents a lot of coaches, he can discreetly get the word out.  Especially considering Gruden would only come back for a few jobs.  Totally disagree with Stroud.  In the Bucs case, the Glazers have worked in secrecy for years, the beats have no clue what is going with ownership who is making the decisions on the head coach more so then a GM.  I dont expect their business model to change now.  

I just found it odd that someone "in the know" would say something so definitively AGAINST Gruden's return. All I've been reading the last few weeks is about how Gruden's pretty much a done deal; we've just gotta wait.

25 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I just found it odd that someone "in the know" would say something so definitively AGAINST Gruden's return. All I've been reading the last few weeks is about how Gruden's pretty much a done deal; we've just gotta wait.

I m convinced media throws this stuff out there, that if it actually comes true, they can be the first I told you so.  If the opposite happens it will never be brought up again.  IMO, Stroud is just throwing something out there and hope it sticks.  One thing we have learned over the last 10 years, all the beats have no clue on the head coaching job.

I don't want gruden. He has an ego of control and I think he's one of those coaches that may not work with a GM unless that GM is more of a cap manager. He's going to want to do it his way and he will most certainly call plays. I also remember fans stating that grudens playcalling and scheme became too predictable for opposing teams on his way outta Tampa. 

I think if gruden really wanted back in, he would have done so by now. I just don't think he's a good fit for a young team. 

Archived