Devils 2022 MLB Draft Thread/College Baseball Thread(Mock Draft 3/Draft Sunday MLB Network 7e)

devils1854

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I hate his swing so much.

Yeah. I see both Biloxi and Nashville quite a bit and you really dont see much change in players swings from the organization. I was never high on Garrett Mitchell, but he had tools, but hes just wasting away on the Mississippi coast. 

On the other hand, Weimer had the exit velos at U Cincinnati but never hit home runs. He slipped because of that and in less than a season, Milwaukee had him looking like the best hitter in the system and the biggest steal in the draft.

Just now, devils1854 said:

Yeah. I see both Biloxi and Nashville quite a bit and you really dont see much change in players swings from the organization. I was never high on Garrett Mitchell, but he had tools, but hes just wasting away on the Mississippi coast. 

On the other hand, Weimer had the exit velos at U Cincinnati but never hit home runs. He slipped because of that and in less than a season, Milwaukee had him looking like the best hitter in the system and the biggest steal in the draft.

Yep. We tweaked Wiemer but don't bother trying to tap into Mitchell's potential power. He's got the tools but he's never going to tap into them with his flat swing. All our 1st round picks, lately, have been gap-to-gap guys and we've done nothing to tap into whatever tools they might have. Feels like we're just sackless after bombing on so many first round guys.

• Like 1

My best available

8.(8)Brock Porter||RHP||Orchard Lake St Marys, MI
18.(48)Peyton Graham||SS||Oklahoma
21.(16)Jackson Ferris||LHP||IMG Academy, FL
23.(71)Henry Bolte||CF||Palo Alto, CA
24.(21)Gavin Turley||CF||Hamilton, AZ
27.(12)Brock Jones||CF||Stanford
32.(NA)Connor Staine||RHP||UCF
35.(26)Cade Doughty||2B||LSU
37.(27)Gavin Kilen||SS||Milton, WI
38.(22)Tristan Smith||LHP||Boiling Springs, SC