• Zach Wilson
    • Justin Fields
    • Daniel Jones
    • Jameis Winston
    • Jared Goff
    • Jordan Love
    • Marcus Mariota

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/13/2022 at 10:30 PM

11 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I mean, sure, you still need work ethic and a certain level of intelligence. No one has forgotten Jamarcus Russell. But as long as the guy with elite tools has the work ethic and ability to learn, he'll be better off in the long run than the guy who is currently further along, who has less ability.

I feel like we just saw this play out last year at the Draft. 

3 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I think the Cards getting whomped by Detroit, and Kyler supposedly refusing to go back in against the Rams, and all the smoke this offseason just left a bad taste for me as a neutral fan.

It’s funny because if this list was made mid-season, Kyler is probably around #8. But his second half was historically bad…

I’d have him #12, but I don’t have much issue with him at #11. Like I said, Murray/Cousins/Carr/Tannehil is basically splitting hairs, at least for me. 11-14 is it’s own tier, an Above-Average QB who is far from anything great. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I may have once agreed with this, but I feel like recent history has said otherwise in dramatic fashion. Basically the entire top of this list, save for Burrow, is filled with guys with fantastic physical tools that fell below other players who were supposedly more pro ready or pro style. The caveat is you need good coaching to get that result, but physical tools have been the best indicator of success for QBs drafted in the last like 5 drafts.

Correlation not causation, right?

The reason Mahomes, burrow, Allen etc are at the top of the list is not because they have a certain toolset, but rather because they have produced on the field. 

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

Correlation not causation, right?

The reason Mahomes, burrow, Allen etc are at the top of the list is not because they have a certain toolset, but rather because they have produced on the field. 

And they produce, in large part, because of those elite physical tools. Is Allen as high on the list as he is without his arm and ability as a runner? Mahomes without his off platform throws and ability to escape sacks?

40 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

And they produce, in large part, because of those elite physical tools. Is Allen as high on the list as he is without his arm and ability as a runner? Mahomes without his off platform throws and ability to escape sacks?

If Mahomes and Allen are putting up the exact same stats, I don’t care if they are checking down every single play.

The difference in potential style points doesn’t move the needle for me.