2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

1 minute ago, Blitzburgh said:

You know as much as I hate the Chuks signing too, who were you all hoping to sign at OT?  I mean without over paying an aging vet I’m not sure there were many options available?

These quite a few decent stop gaps, then draft someone. 

Considering in the 1 year cash or 3 year contract he’s paid as a top-8 RT, what about stop gaps like Moses, Matt Pryor, Hubbard, heck maybe Fisher or Williams. 

Then there’s a bunch of options in the draft like Faalele who can play LT or RT. Chris Paul, Luke Goedeke. Petit-Frere. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

I'd have made a move in the draft to get one of the top guys. 

Unless they are trading up Cross, which could be a big leap, Im not sure there were any OTs worth trading up for.    There are a few Id consider at 20, but the IOL in this class is much better.....although we can probably rule that out.

After signing Chuks,  how much they apparently like Dan Moore's potential, and signing Daniels and Cole, I think there is a good chance we dont go OLine in the first 3 rounds.

Ill say this...If we get...

-Witherspoon resigned
-Sign another semi-decent starting outside CB that can push Sutton back to nickel
-One of the several decent veteran ILBs out there to replace Schobert
-A speedy WR that can stretch the field

I will consider free agency a decent success.   

• Like 4

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

I really really hope go with one of the big 3 IOL at 20 now. Then Dotson WR from Penn St in the 2nd and a LB in round 3.

We just signed two IOL.    Cole was clearly signed to challenge for a starting job.

Not saying its impossible....but Ill be kinda shocked if we got IOL in rd 1 now. 

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

Unless they are trading up Cross, which could be a big leap, Im not sure there were any OTs worth trading up for.    There are a few Id consider at 20, but the IOL in this class is much better.....although we can probably rule that out.

After signing Chuks,  how much they apparently like Dan Moore's potential, and signing Daniels and Cole, I think there is a good chance we dont go OLine in the first 3 rounds.

I’m interested in this 5 for 3 battle. 
Cole: LG/C/RG flexibility

Green: LG/C/RG flexibility

Daniels: LG/RG flexibility with snaps at C

Haussenhaur: C with LG/RG flexibility

Dodson: LG/RG flexibility with nothing at C

We know Green has a long way to go to be good at C. So I think Cole has the leg up there. Dodson was better at RG but so is Daniels. Green we have not seen at OG in the NFL. Haussenhaur I think shows the right to be a backup C. 

So long story short, if they want Green to start, Dodson is on the outside looking in. I feel like their frustrations with him last year might lead to this. But if it’s Green on the outside looking in, he’s likely done as a C. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 43M said:

We just signed two IOL.    Cole was clearly signed to challenge for a starting job.

Not saying its impossible....but Ill be kinda shocked if we got IOL in rd 1 now. 

I guess it all depends on how the board falls and what grades they have on these guys. To me I think they view Daniels as the definite starter and Cole as the guy the signed to make sure they aren’t *forced* to draft IOL in the first. 

Side note, I kind of hope the Saints end up with Watson. That would leave a runway from picks 10 through 19 of teams out of the QB market, making it less likely we give up picks to trade up. Trading ahead of the Saints for a QB has been popular in a lot of the mock drafts I’ve seen.

27 minutes ago, 43M said:

Ill say this...If we get...

-Witherspoon resigned
-Sign another semi-decent starting outside CB that can push Sutton back to nickel
-One of the several decent veteran ILBs out there to replace Schobert
-A speedy WR that can stretch the field

I will consider free agency a decent success.   

Curious, first of all I agree with you. Who do you think are realistic low cost targets at CB?

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Anyone have an idea how we are 5th on this chart? 😅

Maybe they consider Trubisky an improvement over 2021 Ben Roethlisberger?

James Daniels helps.

Other than that.....

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

Curious, first of all I agree with you. Who do you think are realistic low cost targets at CB?

Steven Nelson could probably be brought back at a reasonable price.

Xavier Rhodes might be worth a try to replace Joe Haden.

There are a few others, but it all depends on cost.

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Great signing of Daniels. Sorry I wasn't here to police the arguments. It looks like it's sort of better now. I got to have a bomb threat at my school, so pretty similar situation it seems to what was going on here in the last 3 hours lol

Eh. It's Steelers nation, we are bound to argue but we are still all friends. 

• Like 3

I’m loving the idea of Daniels and Chuks on the right side. That’s an athletic side. Hopefully Dotson improves and we’re looking at a solid new line. Mitch should have some time to run around like his hair is on fire back there. I’d like to take a CB I. The first now, but it does seem like a trade up for a QB is likely if possible.