2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

7 minutes ago, 43M said:

However, making broad comments and then claiming "youre all just pessimists" isnt good discussion.    Its a general statement that doesnt actually add to anything to any discussion.

You’re right. I was mainly defending my guy @Dcash4 because the “you’re just trying to prove everyone else you’re right and they’re wrong” comments had me laughing because he’s one of the most level headed guys on here and it’s tough to say the same for others. 

Carry on, let’s get some good vibes going today. I love the Daniels signing as well, let’s hope the Steelers aren’t done for the day yet.

Here is my concern and maybe I am wrong but here is my concern my concern about the potential a potential that we go all in for a quarterback in round one. The entire league knows we need a quarterback it's not some sort of secret. Kevin Colbert said that he would make sure that we had a franchise quarterback before before he left. To me what hes really saying is that he is preparing to trade away all of our future draft capital to get malik Willis And then retire and leave the next GM having to wait 2 years to be able to do anything else in the draft

I definitely think Mason Cole was signed to start. But the knee jerk Steelers nation reaction (not just here, but Twitter, Reddit, everywhere) was that he was signed as the plug and play RG next to Dotson and Green. 

That would have been a terrible move. But waiting just 12 hours brings to light that he will be REPLACING Green or Dotson. That makes way more sense. 

We are just so early in the process it makes more sense to wait to judge all the moves and even just to see contract details.   

• Like 1

Now the obvious question to me is probably going to be OK what would you do? I would draft Tyler Linderbaum. 

I would get the offense in position to succeed before even getting the quarterback that way when you go into next year with a much better quarterback class you can get a much better quarterback and he will potentially have more success because everything else is already taken care of

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Here is my concern and maybe I am wrong but here is my concern my concern about the potential a potential that we go all in for a quarterback in round one. The entire league knows we need a quarterback it's not some sort of secret. Kevin Colbert said that he would make sure that we had a franchise quarterback before before he left. To me what hes really saying is that he is preparing to trade away all of our future draft capital to get malik Willis And then retire and leave the next GM having to wait 2 years to be able to do anything else in the draft

Yea I have that concern too. Especially not being sold. That’s why I’m strong on the get everything else set. Get this team in a place so KCs replacement gets to pick his guy as QB. Even though I like the Daniels signing there’s still too many moves to go sell the farm for a QB in a weak class. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I definitely think Mason Cole was signed to start. But the knee jerk Steelers nation reaction (not just here, but Twitter, Reddit, everywhere) was that he was signed as the plug and play RG next to Dotson and Green. 

That would have been a terrible move. But waiting just 12 hours brings to light that he will be REPLACING Green or Dotson. That makes way more sense. 

We are just so early in the process it makes more sense to wait to judge all the moves and even just to see contract details.   

Where was that the reaction? I think most reactions I saw were a battle with Green “at worst” for C. 

4 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

You know as much as I hate the Chuks signing too, who were you all hoping to sign at OT?  I mean without over paying an aging vet I’m not sure there were many options available?

I was prepared for not getting an OT, but I was hoping Chuks would be signed to a cheap one year deal and at worst, have him compete vs Banner for RT.

But now, it seems like he will just be handed the RT position....so I no longer understand the need to keep Banner (at his current price).