2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Actually no.  What I took from that was You are right and we are wrong and here is a list of excuses as to why

Wrong about the cap future implications? Yes, you are. 

Wrong about not liking re-signing Chuks? Not at all. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

You can't separate the two right now.

Chuks is a bottom 1/5th OT based on performance.  He got paid as a top 8 RT.

Sure you can. See how you brought this up without saying "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE '22 CAP@?!?>!?>!?>"

Here is an oldie but a goodie from how people kicked and screamed about Big Ben $41M cap hit without understanding how the cap works: 

Chuks ranks as the 44th tackle in terms of cap this year.

There. I made everyone feel better...because of the cap hit right? Yeah, we should concentrate on the cap hit. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

This is condescending as hell and complete BS to use.

We disagree on the how bad of a deal they signed an OT….you’re really mad about it so it’s not condescending…it’s the truth.

It’s ok we disagree…life will go on.

If he is ok?

I need someone to explain that to me because to avoid getting cut as aoon as the 2023 offseason begins, he better do a helluva lot better than ok.

Although atm performance doesn't seem to matter. Schoebert turned put to be a bad trade and he was horrible and he is still on the roster. If he isn't cut, at that can # he will absolutely start in 2022 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Wrong about the cap future implications? Yes, you are. 

Wrong about not liking re-signing Chuks? Not at all. 

Sure you can. See how you brought this up without saying "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE '22 CAP@?!?>!?>!?>"

Here is an oldie but a goodie from how people kicked and screamed about Big Ben $41M cap hit without understanding how the cap works: 

There. I made everyone feel better...because of the cap hit right? Yeah, we should concentrate on the cap hit. 

Idc how high the cap rises next year it doesn't make it a good contract.

You're right. I think Chuks is garbage.

No, you didn't make anyone feel better, actually you're doing exactly what I said you were. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

All I know is I'm looking forward to saying I told you so when this team is average again and ya'll are crying about these guys.  You all talk about how you expect this team to compete then make excuses and use random reasons to justify bringing back players for more than anyone else offered and keeping guys that were part of subpar units.

Welcome to 9-8/8-9 mediocrity yet again.  Hope ya'll like this.

You’re more wanting to be right and wanting to be like “I told you so” rather than realize(and I’ve stated) that this is a transition year…I don’t expect them to be good…they’re not a good team right now and that I’m more looking forward to 2023.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

All I know is I'm looking forward to saying I told you so when this team is average again and ya'll are crying about these guys.  You all talk about how you expect this team to compete then make excuses and use random reasons to justify bringing back players for more than anyone else offered and keeping guys that were part of subpar units.

Welcome to 9-8/8-9 mediocrity yet again.  Hope ya'll like this.

If I'm being honest. If we win more than 5-6 games with this roster I'll be surprised. 

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Sorry but what?  LOL dud this is getting close to just putting you on ignore state.

1 year, $10.5mil. That's basically what we're gonna pay Chuks.  Is he worth that?

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Mitch Trubisky is our starting QB. This isn't some revelation. Just as last years wasn't either. 

Last years roster is looking like it will have been significantly better than what this one is shaping out to be and that is not a compliment to the 2021 roster. 

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

Last years roster is looking like it will have been significantly better than what this one is shaping out to be and that is not a compliment to the 2021 roster. 

And with no other OL moves going from Turner to Cole is going to be lateral at best.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I agree. I feel like we downgraded at QB, RG, and CB (if Haden leaves) and we will improve special teams? I mean idk, something has to improve right? 

QB I think we're worse off in name value but better off in fit.

RG is lateral move at best.

Secondary is definitely worse right now.