2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

28 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’d counter that we were set up for that 1 stud (especially in the secondary) being the difference.  A group of competent guys means it’s harder to contain top WR’s and its harder to scheme around one guy being able to do one thing.  Having that “guy” can really alter the complexion of the defense.

It’s hard enough to contain top wide receivers as it is and the rules are built for them to win. 

Difference of opinion but I’d rather feel more confident going against 2 through 4 on passing attacks that can be 3-4+ Options. 

I mean, I wouldn’t complain about having a stud. But I really enjoyed our Nelson, Haden, Sutton/Hilton group. And none of them were studs. All just solid. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

It’s hard enough to contain top wide receivers as it is and the rules are built for them to win. 

Difference of opinion but I’d rather feel more confident going against 2 through 4 on passing attacks that can be 3-4+ Options. 

I mean, I wouldn’t complain about having a stud. But I really enjoyed our Nelson, Haden, Sutton/Hilton group. And none of them were studs. All just solid. 

I know I keep sounding like a broken record with this, but that’s not the way I would match it up.  I would put the stud corner on the #2 WR on an island and use Minkah/CB2 to cover the stud WR.  That’s the exact thing that just got JC paid.

21 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I know I keep sounding like a broken record with this, but that’s not the way I would match it up.  I would put the stud corner on the #2 WR on an island and use Minkah/CB2 to cover the stud WR.  That’s the exact thing that just got JC paid.

I know you like the BB model. And I don’t mind it. But you are still only as good as your weakest link in the secondary. You can have that plan but if your third is trash, I’ll just destroy him and figure out your rules to break the system. Like when the Jags had Bouye and Ramsey but you could eat against their nickel and they had specific movement rules you could exploit  

That’s always been Bills strength. Finding DBs and getting the most out of them. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I know you like the BB model. And I don’t mind it. But you are still only as good as your weakest link in the secondary. You can have that plan but if your third is trash, I’ll just destroy him and figure out your rules to break the system. Like when the Jags had Bouye and Ramsey but you could eat against their nickel and they had specific movement rules you could exploit  

That’s always been Bills strength. Finding DBs and getting the most out of them. 

It worked for him because he used 3 to take out 2.  That left SS (who was basically a second FS to him), ILB, WILL (who he used as a SS), NCB to take out TE, Slot, RB.  He’d use the NCB and SS to bracket the Slot.  That’s the part that the Jags did not do. They had them play a straight man and never gave the NCB a bracket help of being able to play outside leverage and chase inside.

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

bring Juju back on another cheap 1 yr deal?

I dont know.

I like Juju, but I just dont see what he really adds to the offense at this point.   Good hands and solid route runner, but pretty one dimensional and not great at getting separation.   

Im not totally opposed to it, but Id kinda like to move on and try something else.

If it happens, fine...but it better be a bit cheaper than last year.    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 43M said:

I dont know.

I like Juju, but I just dont see what he really adds to the offense at this point.   Good hands and solid route runner, but pretty one dimensional and not great at getting separation.   

Im not totally opposed to it, but Id kinda like to move on and try something else.

If it happens, fine...but it better be a bit cheaper than last year.    

He really needs that rehab year with a QB unafraid to go deep where the under will open up for him again.  As of right now we aren’t that team. While AB really helped him get open through single coverage, these last 3 years of everyone running into the same spots and trying to use individual routes all trying to find the hole in the fence so to speak didn’t help.  I want to see Juju (and DJ to a lesser degree) with the type of WR who can take the lid off a defense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

It worked for him because he used 3 to take out 2.  That left SS (who was basically a second FS to him), ILB, WILL (who he used as a SS), NCB to take out TE, Slot, RB.  He’d use the NCB and SS to bracket the Slot.  That’s the part that the Jags did not do. They had them play a straight man and never gave the NCB a bracket help of being able to play outside leverage and chase inside.

All schemes work on paper. You are still only as good as your weakest player against the secondary. BB is to DBs what we have been to WR in terms of finding talent. That’s a part about why it works. I don’t trust we could repeat that. 

I don’t dislike the scheme, I’d just prefer to pay 2 solid players Vs the price of 1 good one. Puts a lot of pressure on your abilities to judge talent and select players - something we suck at in the secondary. 

i didn’t know if the rate got shared, but that’s a really, really good price. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

All schemes work on paper. You are still only as good as your weakest player against the secondary. BB is to DBs what we have been to WR in terms of finding talent. That’s a part about why it works. I don’t trust we could repeat that. 

I don’t dislike the scheme, I’d just prefer to pay 2 solid players Vs the price of 1 good one. Puts a lot of pressure on your abilities to judge talent and select players - something we suck at in the secondary. 

i didn’t know if the rate got shared, but that’s a really, really good price. 

Most Bills fans are saying he is a solid, albeit unspectacular starter.   He fits the mold we typically target.

• Like 1

I think Baker is done in cle. IDK how they can repair that relationship after this Watson stuff. I can see baker requesting a trade in a few weeks. I can see cle going after Jimmy G if they don't land watson(plz don't let this happen) and then trade baker to indy?

• Like 1