2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think we are gonna get walked all over. Right now, I honest to god don't see an opponent we can beat in 2022.  We have a **** show offense.

I doubt it. It’s possible but I don’t see it. Maybe we finish last next season. But we already should be better at blocking and tackling. 

5 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

I doubt it. It’s possible but I don’t see it. Maybe we finish last next season. But we already should be better at blocking and tackling. 

I mean, from a QB perspective, I see us, rigut now, as Top 5 worst in the league. We will see how that develops.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That's all well and great but he has got to know our offense is trash.

Our offense was trash the better part of the last 3 years.    Honestly, while I dont expect much, I expect our offense to be better than 2019-2021....even if only slightly.

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think we are gonna get walked all over. Right now, I honest to god don't see an opponent we can beat in 2022.  We have a **** show offense.

Its one thing to not have high expectations.   Neither do I.

But not a single opponent we can beat?   

My pessimism is at least realistic.  B|

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Our offense was trash the better part of the last 3 years.    Honestly, while I dont expect much, I expect our offense to be better than 2019-2021....even if only slightly.

Its one thing to not have high expectations.   Neither do I.

But not a single opponent we can beat?   

My pessimism is at least realistic.  B|

I mean, I think theres a chance we could be a 9 win team but it's hard to invisuon with Trubisky and our lack of WR depth... I mean it's very disheartening 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I mean, I think theres a chance we could be a 9 win team but it's hard to invisuon with Trubisky and our lack of WR depth... I mean it's very disheartening 

We are in a transitional phase.

You cant expect everything to be fixed overnight.

The Browns got Deshaun Watson....cool.   It took them what....40+ years to find a real QB?  That's considering they have had a bunch of top picks in the draft in that timeframe too.

This is our first offseason post Ben.  Not all teams go from Favre to Rodgers.

You may not like Trubisky....but he might very well just be the best QB the Steelers have had since 2018.   

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

We had a worse QB and the exact amount of crap for WR last year. JuJu played 5 games and they weren’t good, and Washington stunk. Plus we lost Ray-Ray, who apparently you hated, so what’s the problem? We’ll bring in WR talent, our running game is improved, our defense will be greatly improved. This team is better than last year. 

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We had a worse QB and the exact amount of crap for WR last year. JuJu played 5 games and they weren’t good, and Washington stunk. Plus we lost Ray-Ray, who apparently you hated, so what’s the problem? We’ll bring in WR talent, our running game is improved, our defense will be greatly improved. This team is better than last year. 

I didn't hate Ray Ray, I hated how he was used. 

I'm just struggling to be optimistic right now, but I'll get there. 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I didn't hate Ray Ray, I hated how he was used. 

I'm just struggling to be optimistic right now, but I'll get there. 

Im not optimistic either....but I am REALISTIC, and the reality is, this team should definitely be better than last year.   Doesn't mean we are going anywhere, though....but at least we are showing more signs of moving forward.

• Like 2

So with Juju, Washington and Ray Ray all signing with different teams, what are our options?

I think its extremely evident we go WR in the first 3 rounds, but I cant see us not adding someone.

There arent many quality young options.   We could potentially add an aging vet for a year.   Someone like TY Hilton or DeSean Jackson could be decent stop gaps.   Or we could wait until after the draft and hope someone decent is cut.

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

That’s the funny part, we should be a better team but there’s a real good chance we have a worse record. 

It happens.

I still think we win 2 or 3 games in our division.    Steelers and Baltimore always give each other fits regardless of quality of the teams.   I still think we take one from Cleveland too.

I think this team has enough talent to win at least 7 games.   I dont think our ceiling is much higher, though (10 wins at best).

• Like 2