2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

Not sure if anyone posted this, but some interesting Folwer notes:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33811682/nfl-draft-2022-notes-rumors-last-minute-updates-potential-round-1-trades-rising-prospects-surprise-picks

Pittsburgh's quarterback intentions have been all over the map (welcome to draft season). Some believe they like Willis, others say Kenny Pickett (Pitt) would be their guy, but the majority leans toward Pittsburgh going with a different "need" position at No. 20, such as defensive or offensive line or corner.

--------

The Skyy Moore connection with the Steelers is something to consider, and with Pittsburgh's penchant for taking receivers in the second round, Moore is one to watch there. The Western Michigan standout played with Mike Tomlin's son Dino at Shadyside Academy outside of Pittsburgh. Tomlin knows him well. The Steelers have the No. 52 pick, and Moore might not last that long. Jacksonville, which has the first pick of the second round, has done a lot of homework on him

Trying to figure out who they would pick on the OL in the first based on that comment. I see all the fits for DL, CB, and I'll add WR who might be available -- but racking my brain for OL. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33811682/nfl-draft-2022-notes-rumors-last-minute-updates-potential-round-1-trades-rising-prospects-surprise-picks

Trying to figure out who they would pick on the OL in the first based on that comment. I see all the fits for DL, CB, and I'll add WR who might be available -- but racking my brain for OL. 

If Charles Cross dropped, do you think he'd be an option? 

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Penning is rated at or around #20 so unless Cross falls (possible) they take Penning or they'd have to "reach" for Fallele or Raimann.  if they reach, it'll be for Raimann imo.  

Edited by Chieferific

4 minutes ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

If Charles Cross dropped, do you think he'd be an option? 

Possibly, but we are pretty consistent with picking players from schools where Colbert and or Tomlin go to Pro-Days and we only had a scout at Miss State. 

That's the hard part. I can't find a connection. Guys like Linderbaum, Johnson, and Penning would be good prospects and potentially available -- but we didn't send any of the big guys to their Pro Days. We did send our OL coach to A&M, so maybe Green?

Edit: posted this before I saw your comment @Chieferific. We just don't have those general connections we see in the first with any of those guys. So it has me curious. 

Edited by Dcash4

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Possibly, but we are pretty consistent with picking players from schools where Colbert and or Tomlin go to Pro-Days and we only had a scout at Miss State. 

That's the hard part. I can't find a connection. Guys like Linderbaum, Johnson, and Penning would be good prospects and potentially available -- but we didn't send any of the big guys to their Pro Days. We did send our OL coach to A&M, so maybe Green?

Edit: posted this before I saw your comment @Chieferific. We just don't have those general connections we see in the first with any of those guys. So it has me curious. 

True, and didn't really think of that. I actually don't think OL is even on their radar.  QB/WR/CB or S in that order imo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I wanna know who because most reports have him as having the most natural hands. 

I honestly couldn't remember so I googled it and boy -- apparently more people than I thought had that opinion on Jahan. I think i first hear it on a Ringer pod. But this is from the athletic:

"He is an NFL starter in the Diontae Johnson mold with better hands and punt-return skills.”

I really like Jahan, I would take him in a heartbeat at 20. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I honestly couldn't remember so I googled it and boy -- apparently more people than I thought had that opinion on Jahan. I think i first hear it on a Ringer pod. But this is from the athletic:

"He is an NFL starter in the Diontae Johnson mold with better hands and punt-return skills.”

I really like Jahan, I would take him in a heartbeat at 20. 

I misread. I missed the with hands part. It’s been a long two days. Played in a golf tournament yesterday. 36 holes in 39 degrees with 20-30 mph winds and flurries. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Also a day two eye on:

I know he tore his Achilles but keep an eye on David Ojobu of Michigan. I think he could be a draft and stash for us. Tomlin was the only coach to check on him and I’ve heard he’s kept in touch. 

I saw someone (Brandt maybe?) had him going to the Cowboys at #24.  I don't see that happening but it just shows he hasn't been forgotten.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I misread. I missed the with hands part. It’s been a long two days. Played in a golf tournament yesterday. 36 holes in 39 degrees with 20-30 mph winds and flurries. 

East or West? Cause I gotta a wicked slice and it might help.  

• Like 1