Mid FA Mock Draft

Esquire32

I was messing around with the PFF mock draft simulator and was curious to get everyone's opinions. In this draft I traded down from 20 to 23 with Arizona and picked up a 3rd (87 overall) and a 7th (244 overall).

Round 1 - Pick 23 - Nakobe Dean LB Georgia 

Round 2 - Pick 52 - Jalen Pitre CB Baylor

Round 3 - Pick 84 - Max Mitchell T Louisiana 

Round 3 - Pick 87 - Khalil Shakir WR Boise State

Round 4 - Pick 138 - Neil Farrell Jr. DL LSU

Round 6 - Pick 208 - Luke Tenuta T VaTech

Round 7 - Pick 225 - Tre Turner WR VaTech

Round 7 - Pick 241 - Sincere McCormick HB UTSA

Round 7 - Pick 244 - Lucas Krull TE Pitt

I like Pitre a lot, and I think he may sneak into round 1. I'm not sure yet what I think about Dean. Since I saw his prospect profile with a comp to Devin Bush, I've been hesitant to pull the trigger. I think with the Steelers adding a couple G/C and letting Banner go, I'd be inclined to go OT in the 1st instead of the 3rd at this point. Need to see if they add anyone else in FA.

I dont want an ILB in rd 1 again. Its rarely a good investment unless its a special talent, and none of the ILBs in this draft are.   I really hope we sign someone to replace Schobert or at least wait until rd 2 or 3.

I also dont see the point in drafting a mid rd tackle, and you have us drafting 2?    We just drafted a mid rd OT last year and him and Chuks are gonna start this year.   Unless we draft an OT/OL in rd 1 or 2, I would just ignore it this draft.   Moore and Chuks starting, Haeg at backup, and bring in a UDFA and a low priced vet for competition.

Just now, warfelg said:

How does Myles Jack sound ;) 

I like him, but I feel like there were better options.

Not mad...and I give Tombert credit for doing it....but I wouldve went Van Noy or Hightower.

Still, Schobert....

Season 3 Leave GIF by Martin