CB Anthony Averett Signing with Raiders

roi34

guess i should have came here before i posted in the free agency thread although i want tyrann we are prob not in his price range and seeing we were in the mix for hayward still leads me to believe that gilmore is still prob a real possibility and even drafting a cb with upside in the later rounds. we’re prob only keeping 1 of ya sin or mullen and will see how averett does.

phillips,leblanc,amik i can see all being cut or only 1 making it 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

What it seems like they're trying to do with these two acquisitions is they're trying to have different types of matchup players. 

For example Averett is the type that they would use on all the fast receivers like Tyreek Hill(who He actually did really well against). Rock on the other hand is more of a physical corner for the Big physical wrs(which Mullen also does really well against) I also wanna point out that the two teams that are coming from don't necessarily have the pass rush tandem that we're about to have so that will also be an added bonus. 

I also wanna add that Rock only allowed 248 receiving yards on 395 coverage snaps last season. Well these are some really calculated low cost but high potential moves at a valuable position (especially in our division)

That is a good point, makes sense.

On 3/17/2022 at 12:17 PM, Edz209 said:

guess i should have came here before i posted in the free agency thread although i want tyrann we are prob not in his price range and seeing we were in the mix for hayward still leads me to believe that gilmore is still prob a real possibility and even drafting a cb with upside in the later rounds. we’re prob only keeping 1 of ya sin or mullen and will see how averett does.

phillips,leblanc,amik i can see all being cut or only 1 making it 

Why do people keep saying this it makes no sense to cut Mullen if we get Gilmore he's on a cheap rookie deal and would just have to compete for CB 2, if he loses he's CB 3 that's called quality depth for cheap.  Averett 4 Hobbs and Phillips in the slot, maybe we keep one more between Amrik and Leblanc on PS this would be extraordinary. Phillips is making it he has shown flashes of good play when called upon and is a return man.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Why do people keep saying this it makes no sense to cut Mullen if we get Gilmore he's on a cheap rookie deal and would just have to compete for CB 2, if he loses he's CB 3 that's called quality depth for cheap.  Averett 4 Hobbs and Phillips in the slot, maybe we keep one more between Amrik and Leblanc on PS this would be extraordinary. Phillips is making it he has shown flashes of good play when called upon and is a return man.

Can never have enough depth at CB.

If we get Gilmore I can see him being moved around the defense.  Maybe put at safety and big nickel. 

I think we’re going to see Graham use his CBs in a rotation where he matches them up with the opposing CBs Often.

Mullen and Ya-Sin can take the larger CBs.  Gilmore too is he’s signed.

Averett’s role will be to cover the smaller, faster WRs like Tyreke Hill, because Averett has 4.36 speed.

Darius Phillips is a guy who can play in the slot but also outside.  He’s a solid depth piece that has flashed but injuries kept him from sustaining that success for periods of time.  He can also return punts so the very valuable Hunter Renfrow doesn’t have a TB81 injury.  Phillips is a CB that can get your turnovers too.  I was a big fan of Phillips and Sam Beal back at Western Michigan.