S Logan Ryan released

Acgott

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

On the bright side, this does make a Kyle Hamilton pick, should he be available at 5 or 7, much more likely. Hamilton and Mckinney would give us one of the best safety tandems in the league, for whatever that is worth.

Stop, you're making me drool.

On 3/17/2022 at 5:03 PM, minutemancl said:

On the bright side, this does make a Kyle Hamilton pick, should he be available at 5 or 7, much more likely. Hamilton and Mckinney would give us one of the best safety tandems in the league, for whatever that is worth.

I don’t want Hamilton. Elite Safety play is worthless even with subpar corner play. Elite Safeties are a luxury we don’t have the roster to afford. 

For what it’s worth, I think Hamilton is the best player in the draft. I just don’t think we are close to draft a player like him. This is the Saquon debate all over again. We don’t have the pieces in place for a top pick like that to succeed to the highest degree they are capable of. 

Edited by YogiBiz

7 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

I don’t want Hamilton. Elite Safety play is worthless even with subpar corner play. Elite Safeties are a luxury we don’t have the roster to afford. 

For what it’s worth, I think Hamilton is the best player in the draft. I just don’t think we are close to draft a player like him. This is the Saquon debate all over again. We don’t have the pieces in place for a top pick like that to succeed to the highest degree they are capable of. 

I think that's apples to oranges. The coaching staff that took Barkley was totally incompetent, and value at safety is different from value at RB. Even elite RBs need decent blocking to succeed, whereas safeties are the last line of defense and used to making plays on their own. Kyle Hamilton does that as well as anyone I've ever seen. I would have no problem taking him at #5 so long as we followed up with a good corner.

That's what I'm doing in my latest mocks: taking Kyle and then trading down to get someone really good like Trent McDuffie, plus another 1st-rounder for next season.