Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

What team does Baker Mayfield go to and for how much?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. What team will trade for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

If we aren’t going to resign Denzel (and I definitely want us to), ship him and recoup at least a first). He’d fetch that. Don’t just let him walk next year for a future comp pick. He has too much value.

He’d likely fetch more than just a first tbh. 

Id be surprised if they don’t resign him, but he could definitely recoup a lot of those picks we just traded 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

I think he goes to Colts or Seattle. What we get for him depends on how many true bidders there are that AB can play off each other, but I think a 2nd is best case scenario, 3rd is more likely, but a 4th isn't out of the realm of possibility. We're not negotiating from a position of strength.

I think we are going to get more for him than most do. Wentz has gotten good trade value twice in back to back years. Garapolo went for a 2nd. Matt Schaub went for a 1st round swap and 2 2nd's as a backup with Atl. Darnold fetched a 6th, 4th and 2nd round pick. With Seattle and Indy rumored to be heavily interested, that is going to drive the price up some, and if it ends up being Indy, we should get a little more given that we are trading him inside the conference. I think we get a 2nd and then some, unless we decided to do a player for player trade which IMO isn't likely. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NateDawg said:

If we aren’t going to resign Denzel (and I definitely want us to), ship him and recoup at least a first). He’d fetch that. Don’t just let him walk next year for a future comp pick. He has too much value.

I really hope this FO doesnt think that because Newsome was solid last year that it makes Ward expendable. We have hit on 2 top 10 picks in the past 15 years and he has been one of them. I would like to keep him around even if that comes at the expense of having to find another EDGE in the draft.

Something also tells me that trading Ward because you decided to go all in with Watson would NOT sit well with the remaining fans.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I really hope this FO doesnt think that because Newsome was solid last year that it makes Ward expendable. We have hit on 2 top 10 picks in the past 15 years and he has been one of them. I would like to keep him around even if that comes at the expense of having to find another EDGE in the draft.

Something also tells me that trading Ward because you decided to go all in with Watson would NOT sit well with the remaining fans.

If they move Ward I’m assuming it will be due to the cap/extension, not his ability.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If they move Ward I’m assuming it will be due to the cap/extension, not his ability.

Well yeah thats what I mean, you paid all of this crazy money to Watson so you no longer have the cap room for Ward.

As a front office that is in desperate need of some good will right now, their best course of action would be to clear/restructure whatever space is needed to get a deal with Ward done. Not trade him because they decided to give a sex offender 230M. 

The cap is a myth as we have seen and we have a Ivy league Front office, if they wanted to get a deal done with Ward there are ways to do some cap gymnastics to make that happen.