Lenny Re-Signed; 3 years/ $21M ($11M guaranteed)

kgarrett12486

Such a bad move. There wasn't any interest in him at that price either. Should've let him walk. 9 MM guranteed when all other average backs are getting cheap 1-2 year deals? Licht clearly is not confident in replacing him with a rookie. 

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if Rojo has much more success in KC. Arians just hated his guts for some reason despite almost rushing for 1000 yards in 2020 in 12 games

12 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Such a bad move. There wasn't any interest in him at that price either. Should've let him walk. 9 MM guranteed when all other average backs are getting cheap 1-2 year deals? Licht clearly is not confident in replacing him with a rookie. 

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if Rojo has much more success in KC. Arians just hated his guts for some reason despite almost rushing for 1000 yards in 2020 in 12 games

^ thats really what it boils down to.  No confidence in drafting rbs.

i also very much agree with your Rojo take

i can honestly see a scenario where Rojo straight up just takes that job and leaves CEH as the 3rd down back

23 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

^ thats really what it boils down to.  No confidence in drafting rbs.

i also very much agree with your Rojo take

i can honestly see a scenario where Rojo straight up just takes that job and leaves CEH as the 3rd down back

Tom Brady most likely wanted him back not Licht. He was a reliable weapon as a third down back as a receiver and pass blocker. Again, expecting a rookie RB to be where he suppose to be on the field at all times is not going to happen. Didnt want lenny back either but I understand why.

31 minutes ago, indifference said:

Tom Brady most likely wanted him back not Licht. He was a reliable weapon as a third down back as a receiver and pass blocker. Again, expecting a rookie RB to be where he suppose to be on the field at all times is not going to happen. Didnt want lenny back either but I understand why.

Exactly, Brady wasn't going to be onboard with handing the load, being his check down valve and having to pass protect him to a rookie RB and taking those lumps that come with them figuring it out. He wanted his vet back that he's gelled with over last 2 years. 

I'm fine with it. Is it a contract that you go, 'whoa Bucs got a steal' - nope, we definitely paid a little bit more, but it's not a terrible contract that will hinder us at all down the line either. 

• Like 2