Marry, Date, Pass (2023 FAs)

paul-mac

23 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I’m not going to sit here and say he’s Quinton Nelson but he’s not a bad LG by any stretch. He’ll take a hometown discount to stay, we will have the money, he has good chemistry with Bolles and has been trusted to make line calls.

Risener is not going anywhere.  

He's average to my understanding. To be fair to him the 2 interior lineman next to him are worse this year. Cushenberry needs to be upgraded in a major way 

• 3 weeks later...

Final answer from me:

Marry Dre’Mont Jones. There just aren’t many interior pass rushers like him in the league, I think he’s an unheralded part of our great defense and plays a similar role to what we’ve seen from Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson in the past. 

Date Risner. He’s not great, but he’s our only starting OL that’s not missed time this year and we need him to protect our $245m investment. We should at least hang on to him for the rest of the season and then offer a team friendly prove it deal. But I think revamping the OL will be a huge priority this off-season.

Pass on Chubb. He’s our ticket back into the early rounds of the 23 draft. Gregory and Browning are your edge rushers going forward. Bonitto and Cooper hopefully grow into rotational roles. I love Chubb and he’s playing great this year, but time to move on and let someone else pay him $20m APY 

On 10/31/2022 at 9:58 AM, paul-mac said:

Final answer from me:

Marry Dre’Mont Jones. There just aren’t many interior pass rushers like him in the league, I think he’s an unheralded part of our great defense and plays a similar role to what we’ve seen from Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson in the past. 

Date Risner. He’s not great, but he’s our only starting OL that’s not missed time this year and we need him to protect our $245m investment. We should at least hang on to him for the rest of the season and then offer a team friendly prove it deal. But I think revamping the OL will be a huge priority this off-season.

Pass on Chubb. He’s our ticket back into the early rounds of the 23 draft. Gregory and Browning are your edge rushers going forward. Bonitto and Cooper hopefully grow into rotational roles. I love Chubb and he’s playing great this year, but time to move on and let someone else pay him $20m APY 

This is great! 

On 3/23/2022 at 9:29 PM, Broncofan said:

Marry is easy - Dre'mont Jones.    The eye test says he's emerging.   Metrics back it up.    Lock him up before he gets REALLY expensive.

Date - probably Chubb, but I could be talked into Risner - if he takes to the ZBS-heavy scheme we may see a return to his rookie year promise.  

Pass - whoever fails to impress between Chubb/Risner.   My biggest problem with Chubb is that without a true alpha EDGE, he's more of a glue guy, but even then, he's not been a run force demon, just solid.   That's a LOT for 20M+.   When he's cheap on the rookie deal, absolute asset.  Top-of-the-line $?  That's where I'd look to see if there's interest next offseason on a pre-tag deal, potentially.

To say that today surpassed my best case hopes for Chubb return is an understatement.   Extend Dre’mont and massive win-win here.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1