Which Head Coach do you think is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

If the Cowboys dont make it to the NFCCG, McCarthy is for sure gone for either Payton or Quinn. Smart money is on Payton, but he may not want to return to football. 

Jerry is gonna write a big check for Sean 

24 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Jerry is gonna write a big check for Sean 

Undoubtedly if Sean is available, he is going to be the highest paid coach in the league. Jerry might have sucked when he was running the drafts back in the day, but as an owner and when it comes to spending money he has never shied away. 

15 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

No if the Bucs fail its all on Brady imo. Most people think and I do too that it was either Arians or Brady. Obviously we know it was Arians bc he stepped away from coaching. Brady won. Bowles is technically the coach but we know Brady is truly the guy. He is like LeBron in a sense of yes Vogel or whomever the coach is for a LeBron team is the coach but its really all about LeBron. If things arent right then coach is the one who is getting all of the blame. The fact that Brady wasnt too pleased by how this past season went for the Bucs set everything in motion.

Speculations that Brady retired bc he didnt want to deal with Arians anymore and wanted to go to SF to play for Kyle or team up with Payton in Miami. Then when none of that happened, Brady definitely had no plans on retiring so he came back to the Bucs but again its clear he didnt want to play for Arians if he could help it. Even Arians was taking shots at Brady saying things like the success of the Bucs isnt all Brady. Other players played a big role in the success. So yeah I think if the Bucs fail it wont be on Bowles it will be on Brady just bc the Bucs chose him over Arians basically when it came to Arians staying the HC or Brady as the main guy really running the show. 

It will be interesting to see what kind of working relationship Brady will have with Bowles for sure.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

A little bit off the wall here....but I'll submit a vote for Kyle Shannahan.

It's been 3 years since that SB appearance and they have yet to really regain form. He is currently sporting a losing record as a head coach of the 49ers.

If things get rocky with Lance early in his career, I don't think his job will be particularly safe.

The 49ers just went to Dallas/Green Bay and upset both of them and likely would've upset the Rams in the NFC Championship game if Tartt didn't drop that gimme interception in the 4th quarter. They started slow but finished 7-2 and were a couple of plays away from the Super Bowl. 

I do agree that whatever happens with Trey Lance could potentially cost Kyle/Lynch their jobs though. And I think that's probably the reason that they decided not to trade away Jimmy. 

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If stefanski can’t adapt his offense to Watson and has another disappointing year I wouldn’t put it past haslam to move him and find someone who does fit Watsons playing style. 

Agreed, I'm surprised that you guys haven't been more aggressive addressing WR though.

On 4/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, FrantikRam said:

McDaniels, Hackett and Staley will be under a TON of pressure. McDaniels is already a failed HC. Hackett inherits a top 5 D and now has a great QB. Staley has Herbert.

If any finish below .500 they won't be fired right away, but these guys all have a ton of pressure on them.

I think that the Broncos defense being "top 5" had a lot more to do with Vic Fangio then the overall talent level, they also played one of the softest schedules in the NFL. Their new DC has never been a coordinator and is relatively inexperienced. 

I definitely agree that there's a ton of pressure on the other two though. 

McDaniels is taking over a team that just made the playoffs last season and has already made some huge moves this off-season. Anything less than another playoff berth and probably at least one playoff win will be a disappointment. 

Staley was hyped as a defensive guru and their defense disappointed, they've made some huge moves and with the Rams just having won the Super Bowl there's pressure on him to take a step up this year.

On 4/9/2022 at 9:29 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

McCarthy because Jerry wants to win and Payton is basically next in line in Dallas if he wants it.

Rhule because the owner is impatient and Rhule is overall trash as a head coach. 

Interesting thing about this: McCarthy was hired over Payton in 2006. Wouldn’t be surprised if he still holds a grudge.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Fair point, I would agree

I'm honestly surprised that he didn't retire this off-season, I don't really see either of their coordinators being promoted as the next head coach either. I'm assuming that they'll end up with Baker and try to make one last push.

On 4/7/2022 at 9:10 AM, ronjon1990 said:

I was just thinking about that. 

There's definitely "pressure" on Bowles to perform, but he steps into a gravy pot of a situation with Leftwich being retained and internal promotions on D, Brady, and a generally well put together roster in a weak division. 

If he flopped, he'd obviously be shown the door. But the likelihood of that is like .000001% given the circumstances. 

Didn't they just give him a sizable extension as well? I don't think he'll be under much pressure this year but if Brady/Leftwich are gone in the next year or two...