Texans sign RB Marlon Mack

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, Tommy_C said:

From a Dynasty Fantasy perspective - is he worth stashing to see if he maybe gets a bulk of the carries?

Eh, that Texans offense is gonna be BAD. The OL needs a push up front to get anything going in the run game, and unless the plan is to draft Neal/Icky and play them out of position at G, there is no quick fix.

It’ll come down to who the pick are at 3/13; If Icky and Linderbaum are the picks, maybe. If not, stay away.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’ve never been the biggest Mack guy but I feel he can make a comeback this year and have a solid 900 yard season. Too many people just automatic writing in Pierce as a starter, who is far from a great or well rounded prospect. Perhaps a Power-Lightning combo with Mack getting more touches. 

Achilles tears being the “doomsday” for RB’s has been totally overblown by people on Twitter circulating a list of people who are trash RB’s to begin with. Arian Foster is a guy who never made a full recovery and played well again, but he was never very athletic to begin with which helps healing. 

I expect Cam Akers to make a great comeback and be a Top 15 RB while Mack at least looks like a starting RB. Maybe not Top 25, but at least looks like a capable starting RB. 

Mack has had plenty of time to heal.  As for Akers, he came back too early and everyone criticizing him over the playoffs… Akers will be fine. It’s amazing how overblown the hate on Akers is just because of his playoff performances. 

Edited by BayRaider

@BayRaider to support your point, Foster was also 30 years old the season after his Achilles injury.

Also his usage rate from 24-28 was pretty high as far as carries/targets.

I also agree with the other guy that the Texans O-line will be the main source of trouble for Mack, not his healing.

19 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

@BayRaider to support your point, Foster was also 30 years old the season after his Achilles injury.

Also his usage rate from 24-28 was pretty high as far as carries/targets.

I also agree with the other guy that the Texans O-line will be the main source of trouble for Mack, not his healing.

Well they did add the best run blocker of the draft. Although still a poor run blocking line for sure.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well they did add the best run blocker of the draft. Although still a poor run blocking line for sure.

I listened to lots of Houston 610 leading up to the draft and there was lots of wish list on who they would take at 3 and 13 (they dropped back to 15)

I'm not sure I heard Green once but when they picked him I was surprised but thought he'd help a bunch at a position of weakness.

One good lineman is better than none.

Tunsil is very talented when he cares, is not dogging an injury, and is not going offsides.