Why Can't We Have It All? (Mock)

Phillenium

So as I daydreamed about all of the possible moves Joe Douglas has available currently and will have during the draft - specifically about the WR position - I thought why do we have to settle for just 1?

*This was done on the PFF Mock Draft simulator so any qualms about trade value you can take up with their AI.

Pre Draft Trades

• Jets trade Denzel Mims, 2023 3rd Rd & 2024 2nd Rd picks to Tennessee for AJ Brown & a 2022 6th Rd pick (#219)
  • Jets trade 2022 5th Rd (#163), 2023 2nd Rd, and 2024 3rd Rd picks to Seattle for DK Metcalf
  • Jets trade Corey Davis & 2023 6th Rd Pick to Green Bay for Elgton Jenkins

So before the draft even begins the Jets beyond upgrade their WR room and move Corey Davis (who would be WR4 now) for a potential OL starter. Jenkins is coming off an ACL, but with both the guard and tackle depth already on the team the Jets can bring him back slowly before he competes at one of the Tackle spots or at Center.

Draft

Round 1

#4 Kayvon Thibodeaux DE, Oregon

I am a believer in KT and I do think he's being over-evaluated at this point. Should be a Day 1 starter/the equivalent of a starter with Saleh's DL rotations.

Trade

Jets trade #10, #117, & Bryce Hall to Baltimore for #14 & Marlon Humphrey

No brainer in my opinion. I like Bryce Hall a lot, but Humphrey is an All Pro type CB. Paired with Reed, Carter, and Echols and you got yourself a plus CB room.

#14 Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia

A more athletic replacement at the nose for Fatukasi. He'll be a big "gotta stay on that conditioning" guy, but as it currently stands he's in incredible shape and can be a 3 down guy.

Round 2

#35 Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State

Played both deep and near the line at PSU and I think from Day 1 he starts next to Whitehead.

#38 Christian Harris, LB, Alabama

We've got a lot of question marks after CJ & Quincy at LB. 

Round 3

#69 John Metchie III, WR, Alabama

Coming off injury, but much like Jenkins the Jets can bring him a long slowly with the depth they now have at WR.

Round 4

#111 Kyren Williams, RB, Notre Dame

I know he hasn't tested well, but every Notre Dame game I watched this guy was incredible in every facet of the game it seemed like. Gives us a good receiver at the position so there is no drop off when rotating with Carter.

Round 5

#146 Smoke Monday, S, Auburn

Doubling down on Safety because I'm just not a believer in Davis and I think after seeing us starting guys off the street last year that we can't have enough depth. I also saw in SF Saleh use 3 safeties at times so there should be plenty of snaps to go around.

Round 6

#219 Matt Araiza, P, San Diego St.

I will not apologize for loving the Punt God. Maybe Braden Mann bounces back. Maybe we draft this guy and watch him punt his way into the HOF. A little competition never hurt anyone.

Abridged Post Draft Depth Chart

QB Zach Wilson, Joe Flacco, Mike White

RB Michael Carter, Kyren Williams, Tevin Coleman

WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Elijah Moore, Braxton Berrios, John Metchie III (PUP)

TE CJ Uzomah, Tyler Conklin

LT George Fant

LG Laken Tomlinson, Dan Feeney

C Conner McGovern

RG Alijah Vera-Tucker

RT Mecki Becton, Elgton Jenkins (PUP)

DE Carl Lawson, Jacob Martin, Bryce Huff

DT Quinnen Williams, Sheldon Rankins, Solomon Thomas

DT Jordan Davis, Jonathan Marshall

DE John Franklin-Myers, Kayvon Thibodeaux

LB CJ Mosely

LB Quincy Williams, Hamsah Nasirildeen

LB Christian Harris, Jamien Sherwood

CB Marlon Humphrey, DJ Reed, Michael Carter II, Brandon Echols, Isaiah Dunn

S Jordan Whitehead, Jaquan Brisker, Smoke Monday, Lamarcus Joyner, Jason Pinnock, Ashtyn Davis

K Greg Zuerlein, Eddy Piniero

P Matt Araiza, Braden Mann

Thoughts?

Edited by Phillenium

This screams cap hell. Explain how youre paying both WRs 25 million a year while giving up future assets to offset building while we cant sign a single free agent. Basically if we dont win a super bowl in 2 years we are absolutely screwed.