Sonic 2

Mox

Im honestly shocked how good these movies are and how well they are doing.   Videogame movies are usually doomed to fail, but its funny how good they can be with quality writing and not trying to do anything stupid with the characters.

This really leans into the absurdity of the premise, and I mean that in the best sense possible.  It knows exactly what kind of movie it is, and who it is targeted for and doesn't try to be too serious.  My youngest had a private screening for his birthday party and all the kids loved it, and I was entertained enough that I didn't even notice the 2 hour runtime.  I daresay I preferred this one to the first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 43M said:

Im honestly shocked how good these movies are and how well they are doing.   Videogame movies are usually doomed to fail, but its funny how good they can be with quality writing and not trying to do anything stupid with the characters.

I don't know if I'd specifically praise the writing but they sure as hell know how to make movies fun and make you care about the characters.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I was dinking around on the interwebs and found a bit of info regarding Sonic movie 3:

• Paramount already has an actor eyed and offered the role for Shadow the Hedgehog (not a spoiler at this point), but quote, "they haven't heard back from him." This is probably corporate speak for "we can't say who it is yet because we're under gag orders" (like every actor ever asked if they're in said movie).
    • They also said it's a Hollywood actor. That should come as no surprise given Knuckles' casting (they only brought back Colleen to voice Tails because they already had her on deck to voice him in the Sonic 1 post-credits scene).
  • They're considering featuring Crush 40 in the movie (Live and Learn please!).

Any wild guesses as to who they reached out to for the role of Shadow? If I had to guess, I'd say it's Keanu, I could totally see him as Shadow. He also recently voiced Batman in the DC League of Super-Pets movie.

I also wonder if they plan to have the casting reveal (whoever it may be) coincide with the Sonic Prime S2 official release date reveal. I wouldn't be surprised, after all, they did end on this S1 cliffhanger:

"Home doesn't exist, anymore BECAUSE OF YOU!" has become my new flavor of the day/month/year meme, LOL. 🤣

Edited by KManX89

54 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I was dinking around on the interwebs and found a bit of info regarding Sonic movie 3:

• Paramount already has an actor eyed and offered the role for Shadow the Hedgehog (not a spoiler at this point), but quote, "they haven't heard back from him." This is probably corporate speak for "we can't say who it is yet because we're under gag orders" (like every actor ever asked if they're in said movie).
    • They also said it's a Hollywood actor. That should come as no surprise given Knuckles' casting (they only brought back Colleen to voice Tails because they already had her on deck to voice him in the Sonic 1 post-credits scene).
  • They're considering featuring Crush 40 in the movie (Live and Learn please!).

Any wild guesses as to who they reached out to for the role of Shadow? If I had to guess, I'd say it's Keanu, I could totally see him as Shadow. He also recently voiced Batman in the DC League of Super-Pets movie.

I also wonder if they plan to have the casting reveal (whoever it may be) coincide with the Sonic Prime S2 official release date reveal. I wouldn't be surprised, after all, they did end on this S1 cliffhanger:

"Home doesn't exist, anymore BECAUSE OF YOU!" has become my new flavor of the day/month/year meme, LOL. 🤣

There was a rumor going around it was Bale