NBA Playoffs Bracket Predictions

BayRaider

On 4/14/2022 at 6:24 PM, NYRaider said:

The failed super teams have shown the importance of continuity, I remember you were damn near on the verge of tears screaming fire Bud after you went down 0-2 to the Nets last year while I rallied behind Giannis.

I mean, let's not ignore the fact that the Lakers got 96 games out of LeBron James and Anthony Davis, the Clippers got 31 games out of Paul George and Kawhi Leonard, and the Nets got 84 games out of Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant.  Availability matters.

West

(1) Suns vs (8) Pelicans-   Suns in 5

(4) Mavericks vs (5) Jazz-  Mavericks in 7

(3) Warriors vs (6) Nuggets-  Warriors in 6

(2) Memphis vs (7) T-Wolves-  Memphis in 6

East

(1) Heat vs (8) Hawks-  Heat in 6

(4) Sixers vs (5) Raptors-  Sixers in 6

(3) Bucks vs (6) Bulls-  Bucks in 5

(2) Celtics vs (7) Nets-  Nets in 6

Suns vs Mavericks-  Suns in 6

Memphis vs Warriors-  Warriors in 7

Heat vs Sixers-  Sixers in 7

Bucks vs Nets-  Nets in 7

Suns vs Warriors-  Warriors in 7

Sixers vs Nets-  Nets in 7

Warriors vs Nets-  Warriors in 7

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, let's not ignore the fact that the Lakers got 96 games out of LeBron James and Anthony Davis, the Clippers got 31 games out of Paul George and Kawhi Leonard, and the Nets got 84 games out of Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant.  Availability matters.

Of course, but also these superteams all formed in 2020 and the only success story was the 2020 Lakers, with the 2021 Clippers as a secondary success I guess, but obviously not for the goals they want.  Nets in 2020 were without KD/Kyrie all year but that was planned, in 2021 they trade for Harden and have a good year as the 2nd seed but get injured and lose to the Bucks, 2022 tbd but finishing in the play-in and having to trade Harden due to their superteam failing already were not a great start. Lakers winning a title in 2020 was an obvious success, and then 2021 got derailed due to injuries but derailed nonetheless. 2022 was just bad, they sucked even when fully healthy, it was a total failure of roster construction. 2020 Clippers were a huge failure, fully healthy and choked. Last two years destroyed by injury but these are the risks you take when signing/trading for injury prone superstars, and this applies to all the teams. It wasn't a secret at all that AD is injury prone, that Kawhi is injury prone, that Kyrie and KD are injury prone. They knew the risk and it just hasn't worked out outside of the bubble where the Lakers were healthy and firing on all cylinders.