JETS PERFECT FIRST DAY OF DRAFT

famousj

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sherman hasn’t been a great CB in some time. 2019 I think was last time he was good and Saleh coached him. And he was not a shutdown corner.

Furthermore… shutdown corners don’t exist anymore bc of changes. Even more of a reason why secondary shouldn’t be used on with valuable picks.

Agreed and agreed.  I think most of us agree that:

1. The DL is the heart of this system

2. CBs are not as important in this system, and they are losing their luster in the league IMO.  Committee approach and having depth is more important.

3. The past two seasons we have been gashed in the middle of the field.  LB and S need the upgrades.  In order pass rush then tie between coverage LB, S.

4. Saleh never really had great CB play in his defenses.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Sherman hasn’t been a great CB in some time. 2019 I think was last time he was good and Saleh coached him. And he was not a shutdown corner.

Furthermore… shutdown corners don’t exist anymore bc of changes. Even more of a reason why secondary shouldn’t be used on with valuable picks.

Ya I disagree here. Just look in the last few drafts

8 Horn

9 Surtain

3 OKudah

9 Henderson

21 Savage (First DB taken)

4 Ward

11 Fitzpactrick

6 Adams ( I know S but still a DB)

11 Lattimore.

2019 had no real DB very weak class

So in the last 5 years you had about 2 picks in the top 10-11 still as DB. I think you are devaluing how important they are. I hope you remember how bad this team was last year. The DB on this team are not that good. All of these guys are average at best on this team besides Reed. I'm tired of the ( They have shown flashes). This team has shown flashes year in and year out with no results. I hated last year because every time Wilson threw the ball it was either picked or incomplete. The other team when they threw on us it was a caught A LOT. Most of the time it was for big yards too. 15 plus. We need CB when I look at this team. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

Ya I disagree here. Just look in the last few drafts

8 Horn

9 Surtain

3 OKudah

9 Henderson

21 Savage (First DB taken)

4 Ward

11 Fitzpactrick

6 Adams ( I know S but still a DB)

11 Lattimore.

2019 had no real DB very weak class

So in the last 5 years you had about 2 picks in the top 10-11 still as DB. I think you are devaluing how important they are. I hope you remember how bad this team was last year. The DB on this team are not that good. All of these guys are average at best on this team besides Reed. I'm tired of the ( They have shown flashes). This team has shown flashes year in and year out with no results. I hated last year because every time Wilson threw the ball it was either picked or incomplete. The other team when they threw on us it was a caught A LOT. Most of the time it was for big yards too. 15 plus. We need CB when I look at this team. 

And not a single one of them is a shutdown corner. Are some of them very good? Of course. But CBs don’t shutdown a WR anymore. The rules have changed from the Revis days. You can slow down a WR, but you can’t stop them. This is big time why I think Sauce will be a bad pick.

1. we have good young CBs

2. CB isn’t a premium position anymore

3. Sauce is very “grabby” for a NCAA CB. Won’t fly in the nfl.

4. there’s plenty of guys 100% worthy of that 4th pick that can help us out WAY more.

1. Bills- lost their best CB midseason

• Tredavious White, Levi Wallace, Dane Jackson, Taron Johnson

2. Patriots- traded away a former DPOY(right?)

• JC Jackson, Myles Bryant, Jonathan Jones, Jalen Mills

3. Chicago Bears- traded away Fuller? I think.  ONLY 1 INT FROM A CB

• Jaylon Johnson, Artie Burns, Kindle Vindor, 

4. Carolina Panthers- made major moves because they had nobody, CBs had 5 total INTs

• Jaycee Horn, Stephon Gilmore, Donte Jackson

5. Cleveland Browns

• Denzel Ward, Greedy Williams, AJ Green

These teams had above league average pass rush, some top 5 pass rush.  They also had good safety play.  Sauce isn't doing much for our defense.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

And not a single one of them is a shutdown corner. Are some of them very good? Of course. But CBs don’t shutdown a WR anymore. The rules have changed from the Revis days. You can slow down a WR, but you can’t stop them. This is big time why I think Sauce will be a bad pick.

1. we have good young CBs

2. CB isn’t a premium position anymore

3. Sauce is very “grabby” for a NCAA CB. Won’t fly in the nfl.

4. there’s plenty of guys 100% worthy of that 4th pick that can help us out WAY more.

1. I disagree the Jets  CB suck. They got smoked.  

2. You know I disagree on this. I think there is a reason the Browns gave Ward a boat load of money. Lattimore too. Yes both these guys are shutdown CB.

3. I'm not buying this at all. He has the speed size hip movement and is 6' 3". 

4. Once again I disagree. This draft is VERY weak and we got screwed because of this. The media and NFL pump this up to get the views and money that is all. I see a bunch of maybe starters to depth guys. The only guys I see that will do great are Hutch, KT, Gardner, and maybe G. Wilson. I'm leaving J. Williams out because of the ACL. He could be good too. If you don't walk away with one of these guys then it is a wasted pick. I'm not buying into Icky and Neal. I think they will be starters but nothing great. They will be average. Just sucks this draft class is so weak. 

29 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

1. I disagree the Jets  CB suck. They got smoked.  

2. You know I disagree on this. I think there is a reason the Browns gave Ward a boat load of money. Lattimore too. Yes both these guys are shutdown CB.

3. I'm not buying this at all. He has the speed size hip movement and is 6' 3". 

4. Once again I disagree. This draft is VERY weak and we got screwed because of this. The media and NFL pump this up to get the views and money that is all. I see a bunch of maybe starters to depth guys. The only guys I see that will do great are Hutch, KT, Gardner, and maybe G. Wilson. I'm leaving J. Williams out because of the ACL. He could be good too. If you don't walk away with one of these guys then it is a wasted pick. I'm not buying into Icky and Neal. I think they will be starters but nothing great. They will be average. Just sucks this draft class is so weak. 

1. They don’t suck. CBs are only as good as the pass rush and we had none. We get Lawson back and are likely to draft a DE top 10. This also allows us to move JFM inside where he’s a better pass rusher. A DL of Lawson, Q, JFM, rookie is a 180 from last years group.

We added Reed who’s a top 10 CB. Hall is a legit #2 and we have MC2 and Guidry who are good slot CBs. On top of that we have Echols as depth who had alot of flashes as a rookie.

2. We’ll have to agree to disagree here. IMO they’re not locking down a side of the field. And WRs still produce against them.

3. Watch film. That’s all I’ll say. I don’t need to prove anything here. Just watch him. He’s the most grabby CB I’ve seen in a draft in years. Which doesn’t fly in todays NFL. He’s also not fast. He’s not slow. But he isn’t fast. His game is physicality. But as I’ll continue to say. That’s what the NFL is not letting CBs do. So his strengths are actually the opposite of what the league is a catering to.

4. Have to agree to disagree here as well. It’s a very talented class. Pretty much every position has legit players. It’s a weak QB class. But not everywhere else.