Valhalla Mock Draft MMXXII: Cowboys on the clock (#24)

swede700

With pick #24, the Dallas Cowboys select...  

14 members have voted

1. 1. With pick #24, the Dallas Cowboys select...

• DE David Ojabo (Michigan)
    • OT Tyler Smith (Tulsa)
    • S Daxton Hill (Michigan)
    • LB Nakobe Dean (Georgia)
    • OG Kenyon Green (Texas A&M)
    • DE Boye Mafe (Minnesota)
    • CB Kaiir Elam (Florida)
    • OT Bernhard Raimann (Central Michigan)
    • OG Zion Johnson (Boston College)
    • WR Jahan Dotson (Penn St)
    • CB Andrew Booth, Jr (Clemson)
    • C Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa)
    • Other (Specify preference in thread)

T-Rex Trent goes to the Cardinals.  Dem Cowboys are on the clock:

NFLSHOP_3C_TLP_dallas_cowboys.svg 

1. Jaguars - Edge Aidan Hutchinson (Michigan) - 10 votes, 3 for Thibodeaux, 6 for others

2. Lions - Edge Kayvon Thibodeaux (Oregon) - 11 votes, 6 for others

3. Texans - OT Ikem Ekwonu (NC State) - 7 votes, 5 for Neal, 2 for Willis

4. Jets - OT Evan Neal (Alabama) - 11 votes, 4 for others

5. Giants - S Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame) - 7 votes, 3 for Travon Walker, 6 for others

6. Panthers - QB Malik Willis (Liberty) - 11 votes, 4 votes for Pickett, 1 for Gardner

7. Giants - OT Charles Cross (Miss St) - 8 votes 6 for Walker, 3 for others

8. Falcons - QB Kenny Pickett (Pittsburgh) - 10 picks, 4 for London, 3 for WIlliams, 4 for others

9. Seahawks - CB Ahmad Gardner (Cincinnati) - 6 votes, 4 for Corral and Penning. 2 for others

10. Jets - Edge Travon Walker (Georgia) - 11 votes, 6 for others

11. Commanders - WR Jameson Williams (Alabama) - 5 votes, 3 for Stingley, Green and London, 4 for others

12. Vikings - CB Derek Stingley, Jr (LSU) - 23 votes, 7 for Davis, 3 for others

13. Texans - WR Garrett Wilson (Ohio St) - 6 votes, 3 for Davis, 6 for others

14. Ravens - OT Trevor Penning (Northern Iowa) - 8 votes, 5 for Davis, 4 for others

15. Eagles - WR Drake London (USC) - 6 votes, 3 for Johnson, 7 for others 

16. Saints - WR Chris Olave (Ohio St) - 9 picks, 5 for others

17. Chargers - DT Jordan Davis (Georgia) - 12 picks, 2 picks for others

18.  Eagles - DE Jermaine Johnson (Florida St) - 4 votes, 2 for Lloyd and McDuffie, 1 for Dean 

19. Saints - DE George Karlaftis (Purdue) - 4 votes, 5 votes for others

20. Steelers - QB Desmond Ridder (Cincinnati) - 7 votes, 3 for Corral, 3 for others

21. Patriots - LB Devin Lloyd (Utah) - 6 votes, 2 for Burks, 5 for others

22. Packers - WR Treylon Burks (Arkansas) - 9 votes, 7 votes for others

23. Cardinals - CB Trent McDuffie (Washington) - 5 votes, 4 for Johnson, 3 for others

I have the Cowboys going for Daniel Faalele with the #24 pick.  Instantly would fit into that RT spot and has big time potential.  Could go Zion Johnson but he is more of a guard same with Green.  Faalele is a legit RT and could be a monster for them in the run game.  

By the way, why did the Saints get George Karlaftis?  They already have Cam Jordon, Marcus Davenport and behind them Kpassagnon and even more so drafted Payton Turner who could be a great DE if healthy.  Why get another one when OT is a much bigger need, I have them getting Bernhard Raimann, has LT potential and doubt James Hurst is the guy for them at LT at all.  

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

By the way, why did the Saints get George Karlaftis?  They already have Cam Jordon, Marcus Davenport and behind them Kpassagnon and even more so drafted Payton Turner who could be a great DE if healthy.  Why get another one when OT is a much bigger need, I have them getting Bernhard Raimann, has LT potential and doubt James Hurst is the guy for them at LT at all.  

I had that same question, but my guess was that the voters must have thinking a year ahead, because the Saints won't be able to bring back both Jordan and Davenport in 2023, so he would slot right in once whichever one leaves along with Turner.  Kpassagnon is just a guy, so I'm not factoring him in at all.  While I don't think it's a realistic pick at all, that's what was done.  

And I know that Jerry Jones does some weird things in the draft, but there's probably less than a 2% chance that they take Faalele in the 1st round.  In fact, if they want him, he'll probably be there in the 2nd.  He's certainly has the physical skills, but he's got some developing to do still.  He's probably not going to start Day 1, unless there's a desperate situation.  And I don't think the Cowboys feel desperate with starting Steele at RT.  He's serviceable right now and they let Collins go because they believe in him.  

In the end, I broke the tie for the vote by going with Hill.  While DE is a need, they can get by with Lawrence and Fowler...they can't get by starting Donovan Wilson and our guy Jayron Kearse.  

Edited by swede700

8 hours ago, swede700 said:

I had that same question, but my guess was that the voters must have thinking a year ahead, because the Saints won't be able to bring back both Jordan and Davenport in 2023, so he would slot right in once whichever one leaves along with Turner.  Kpassagnon is just a guy, so I'm not factoring him in at all.  While I don't think it's a realistic pick at all, that's what was done.  

And I know that Jerry Jones does some weird things in the draft, but there's probably less than a 2% chance that they take Faalele in the 1st round.  In fact, if they want him, he'll probably be there in the 2nd.  He's certainly has the physical skills, but he's got some developing to do still.  He's probably not going to start Day 1, unless there's a desperate situation.  And I don't think the Cowboys feel desperate with starting Steele at RT.  He's serviceable right now and they let Collins go because they believe in him.  

In the end, I broke the tie for the vote by going with Hill.  While DE is a need, they can get by with Lawrence and Fowler...they can't get by starting Donovan Wilson and our guy Jayron Kearse.  

True maybe I overrated Faalele but the dude has rare skill and ability for a man his size.  And if the Cowboys pass on him he could totally go before their pick in the 2nd.  Buccaneers need OL help, so do the Saints, Cardinals, Packers and Steelers in the 1st round then early 2nd Jaguars could address OL if they do not with Neal #1 overall, or Giants/Jets if they do not address it 1st round, same with the Texans.  

I doubt Faalele could get to the 56th pick, heck the Ravens could be really interested in him as well 2nd round, same with the Colts or Eagles maybe. 

As for the Saints Cam Jordan is signed through 2024 I believe, and sure  Kpassagnon is not an All Pro but the dude had 4 sacks last year and played well and played well when he was on the Chiefs also and if they got Turner it just seems foolish, especially when LT is such a need and S could be a need unless they like Gardner-Johnson transitioning back to safety from corner and are fine with Adebo at CB.  For the Saints DT is a bigger need than DE at this moment.  

Daxton Hill I love though and he could be a super star in the NFL and has standout coverage for a safety and could play CB if asked no problem.   Just to me RT is easily their biggest need by far so why not address it 1st round for the Cowboys.