Pick 47 Run off: Hall vs Howell

MikeT14

Which one   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Sam Howell QB
    • Breece Hall RB

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I genuinely believe Howell could be the best QB in this class. Getting him in the middle of 2nd would be worth the risk.

We waste 2nd rounders anyway. Excluding Cosmi, the last time we had a decent 2nd rounder - Ladell Betts in 02? Smoot in 01? 

Yes, if there's an actual discussion of him being the best QB in the draft?

And you can get him in the 2nd round? You pull the trigger without blinking.

No disrespect to Hall. I'm sure he's going to be a very good RB.

But this is a passing league. If you do NOT have a QB? You do NOT win.

To have a player of Howell's ability drop to you in your lap in the 2nd Rd?

And to be a team with Wentz & Heinike & still unsure of your QB situation?

You take Howell & don't look back.

There are RB's in the later rounds that could be steels. Hassan Haskins I think his name is...

There's a dude out of Cincinnati going in the later rounds. Can't remember name. But theyre there.

After Howell & you're hoping for Carson Strong in the 3rd-4th Rd.

And who knows after that?

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I genuinely believe Howell could be the best QB in this class. Getting him in the middle of 2nd would be worth the risk.

We waste 2nd rounders anyway. Excluding Cosmi, the last time we had a decent 2nd rounder - Ladell Betts in 02? Smoot in 01? 

I think there is a shot at this as well, and while it might be a moot point bc I doubt he is there, we cant pass up a chance at someone who could be great just because we have a proven (though mediocre) starter.  I would guess his CW's stats would be something in the realm of the past two years.   https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/stats-player-share/carson-wentz/7450

Season Comp/Att P Yds P TD INT Att R Yds R TD Fum
2016 379/607 3782 16 14 46 150 2 3
2017 265/440 3296 33 7 64 299 0 3
2018 279/401 3074 21 7 34 93 0 6
2019 388/607 4039 27 7 62 243 1 7
2020 251/438 2616 16 15 52 275 5 4
2021 266/420 2948 22 5 41 167 1 4

27 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not buying that logic.  You don't trade a 3rd, possible future 2nd and a swap of 2nds for a QB then completely sabotage him by adding nothing in free agency to help him, doing nothing in the draft to help him, and then draft his replacement instead. Also the last time Wentz's team took a QB in the 2nd with him as the starter he freaked out. There's just absolutely no logic to taking a 2nd round QB after the offseason we've had.  If you were going to take a developmental QB we should have signed some veterans to come in and fill roles.  We didn't do that.  So we basically have to draft guys who are actually going to play this year. On top of all of this is my point from the other thread, if this season bombs and Wentz sucks, Rivera isn't going to turn to Howell he's going to play Heinicke.  If that doesn't work, everyone will get fired and the next regime will want their own QB.  Drafting Howell makes no sense for this team. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I'm not buying that logic.  You don't trade a 3rd, possible future 2nd and a swap of 2nds for a QB then completely sabotage him by adding nothing in free agency to help him, doing nothing in the draft to help him, and then draft his replacement instead.

Well, so far we're 1 for 1... taking Hamilton at 11, to me, makes that 2 for 2. 

Also the last time Wentz's team took a QB in the 2nd with him as the starter he freaked out.

I can't even say the word on here on how that describes him. I also don't care about his feelings in regards to that. He's got a job to do. 

There's just absolutely no logic to taking a 2nd round QB after the offseason we've had. 

We just started Taylor Heinicke and Ryan Fitzpatrick. I disagree. 

If you were going to take a developmental QB we should have signed some veterans to come in and fill roles.  We didn't do that.  So we basically have to draft guys who are actually going to play this year. On top of all of this is my point from the other thread, if this season bombs and Wentz sucks, Rivera isn't going to turn to Howell he's going to play Heinicke.  If that doesn't work, everyone will get fired and the next regime will want their own QB.  Drafting Howell makes no sense for this team. 

It's possible Howell is good enough that the next regime will want to work with him. Rivera and co's other misfirings could easily be their downfall. Not just Wentz. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm not following? 

I'm not buying that logic.  You don't trade a 3rd, possible future 2nd and a swap of 2nds for a QB then completely sabotage him by adding nothing in free agency to help him, doing nothing in the draft to help him, and then draft his replacement instead. 

So far they HAVE sabotaged him. They've done little to truly help Wentz out. If they don't spend their first round pick on offense, I think they've nailed both problems. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

So far they HAVE sabotaged him. They've done little to truly help Wentz out. If they don't spend their first round pick on offense, I think they've nailed both problems. 

LOL this forum voted on that crappy first round pick and now they're trying to vote for a second one.