The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

No way it is a new character. If they did that they might have well just recast. If its not a new character, then they are just shifting platforms instead opening up a new one. 

I meant a Marvel character not introduced in the MCU. Not a brand new character created.

28 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I meant a Marvel character not introduced in the MCU. Not a brand new character created.

Outside of Killmonger and Shuri there is no other character in the Marvel universe who has been Black Panther that wasn't from a previous era to T'Challa (T'Chaka, S'yan, Chanda, etc). In that sense, if it is a character not introduced in the MCU yet, it is either a brand new character created or someone who they use as they were never used in the comics to jerry rig them into being Black Panther... which seems like an odd route. 

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Outside of Killmonger and Shuri there is no other character in the Marvel universe who has been Black Panther that wasn't from a previous era to T'Challa (T'Chaka, S'yan, Chanda, etc). In that sense, if it is a character not introduced in the MCU yet, it is either a brand new character created or someone who they use as they were never used in the comics to jerry rig them into being Black Panther... which seems like an odd route. 

It'd allow for a lot of creative freedom. As long as it isn't Shuri I'll be content.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I’m voting for Namor as the new Panther, once he conquers Wakanda

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Acgott said:

I’m voting for Namor as the new Panther, once he conquers Wakanda

LOL

5 hours ago, Acgott said:

Why don’t you like Shuri?

I have no problems if it's Shuri - it's part of the comic canon, not like it's being pulled out of thin air.

P.S.  Title says Wakanada - Does that mean the TV series is being filmed in Canada?   That would be awesome, get some "BP & gang go for poutine" eps.   Can't wait....

53 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

P.S.  Title says Wakanada - Does that mean the TV series is being filmed in Canada?   That would be awesome, get some "BP & gang go for poutine" eps.   Can't wait....

Yes, the series is confirmed to feature Alpha Flight

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Acgott said:

Why don’t you like Shuri?

She's been established as the incredibly smart, technology inventor. At no point has she shown the ability to fight and handle her own. Sure, she was there at the big fight in Endgame with everyone else. But she ran around in her Nikes and used her hand blasters. We don't need a 3rd Iron Man (Spidey).

Plus, I don't think Letita has the screen presence for the role. And I won't go into debate on the videos she's shared on social media; but they matter because I don't think she should be looked at as a role model. Having a role like Black Panther would just elevate her and her views. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I admit, I don't know a ton of BP source material. But my choices to take the mantle of BP would be: Killmonger, Nakia, Okoye, M'Baku

12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

She's been established as the incredibly smart, technology inventor. At no point has she shown the ability to fight and handle her own. Sure, she was there at the big fight in Endgame with everyone else. But she ran around in her Nikes and used her hand blasters. We don't need a 3rd Iron Man (Spidey).

Plus, I don't think Letita has the screen presence for the role. And I won't go into debate on the videos she's shared on social media; but they matter because I don't think she should be looked at as a role model. Having a role like Black Panther would just elevate her and her views. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I admit, I don't know a ton of BP source material. But my choices to take the mantle of BP would be: Killmonger, Nakia, Okoye, M'Baku

I agree with the majority of what you said, though she can gain increased fighting skills from her technology.

She is still the leading contender based on comics and bloodline, though I trust Feige to present a good story.

50 minutes ago, Acgott said:

She is still the leading contender based on comics and bloodline, though I trust Feige to present a good story.

MCU Shuri and comic Shuri are night and day from each other. While the precedent is technically there in the comics, they are basically not even the same character. Comics have aligned more with the MCU version in the last year or so, but that version of Shuri in the comics has never been BP. 

46 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

MCU Shuri and comic Shuri are night and day from each other. While the precedent is technically there in the comics, they are basically not even the same character. Comics have aligned more with the MCU version in the last year or so, but that version of Shuri in the comics has never been BP. 

That line of reasoning isn’t going to fly with the pro Shuri crowd. I’m sure they aren’t all comic book experts.

Has this new comic book Shuri dealt with T’challa’s death?

13 minutes ago, Acgott said:

That line of reasoning isn’t going to fly with the pro Shuri crowd. I’m sure they aren’t all comic book experts.

Has this new comic book Shuri dealt with T’challa’s death?

Havent read the new BP books myself, but T'Challa hasn't died in the comics recently no. Most I have read involving the MCU aligned Shuri was Ironheart - which is Riri Williams when she went to Wakanda for an excursion and butted heads then bonded with Shuri for both being black and geniuses